• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Halloween 2020 Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

dorocill

Corporal
I had finished all toy quests & got my clown on day 2. On second thoughts it was better to wait for sentinal outpost but the play was too tempting.

dorocill

Corporal
It depends on the layout. Personally I find you want something inbetween. Uncover enough that you're not passing over everything, but not uncovering so much that you're wasting all your tools

In your starting layout you'd probably want to use flashlights in the columns I've highlighted in Red. That would then show you what's in the columns I've marked with yellow so you can decide how best to use your tools in your next move
View attachment 22088

I usually go all forward & for me the important thing is to keep the balance of tools. I buy one top pack at a time & exhaust almost everything before getting a new one. So decision is largely based on available tools.

So every active player can barely get any of what they want, just because one person is too lazy to click a button.
I wasn't going to react but will make an exception this time with a question.

How is it ok that some players can get x3 or more daily specials and others are stuck on a event quest for a day or more to get tickets so get none?

Last edited by a moderator:

Emberguard

Legend
How is it ok that some players can get x3 or more daily specials and others are stuck on a event quest for a day or more to get tickets so get none?
On average I expect to get +/- 10 daily specials per event. That means saving up the currency for a single day and spending it all at once if I want something specific (like a fully lvl’d Abandoned Asylum for example which needs 9 daily specials). Short of buying a lot of event currency, everyone will be waiting multiple days at some point during the event without getting a daily special. It’s upto the player to decide which days that is

Also tactics play a big part in that. While it’s possible for RNG to give a worse result it’s not going to happen every event. It’s far more likely to be the skill and choices of the player that influence the outcome (especially in a event like this)

It's a good honest response Emberguard, all I wanted to do is give feedback on how every player might at least be able to get the daily special and only one in my opinion.

Powe

Brigadier-General
I wasn't going to react but as you are a friendly troll will make an exception this time with a question.

Some players save up their currency. Others don't.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emberguard

Legend
If you get stuck on an event quest like one of my cities where i'm camping iron age; unable to quickly scout a province or defeat the large army, it is simply not possible.
You’ve still got 16 days left. You don’t need to quickly scout a province, you just need to get through enough quests per day on the days where you’re not stuck

However, one thing you could try for that large army is build 8 Archers and manually fight with 8 Archers. While you could do this over 2 buildings I prefer 3-4 to speed up the recruitment process. For Iron Age the Archers are a very effective unit on manual battles

Knight of ICE

If you get stuck on an event quest like one of my cities where i'm camping iron age; unable to quickly scout a province or defeat the large army, it is simply not possible.

That is your choice. You do not have to camp. Game is designed to move forward. Can't expect Inno to make adaptions for those that decided not to.

That is your choice. You do not have to camp. Game is designed to move forward. Can't expect Inno to make adaptions for those that decided not to.
I can expect Inno to put up more defeatable large armies of my age and I need to win some provinces above my age before the scout option appears which could take a day or two.
It was probably not intended hence my feedback.

Those who have just moved up an age will have even less chance to defeat the large army of their new age. While most experienced posters have an easy solution, there will be others who can relate to how the event could be improved.
edit: This mainly affects the lower ages because players of higher ages have already accrued good +attack bonuses

Last edited:

Knight of ICE

I can expect Inno to put up more defeatable large armies of my age and I need to win some provinces above my age before the scout option appears which could take a day or two.
It was probably not intended hence my feedback.

Those who have just moved up an age will have even less chance to defeat the large army of their new age. While most experienced posters have an easy solution, there will be others who can relate to how the event could be improved.
edit: This mainly affects the lower ages because players of higher ages have already accrued good +attack bonuses

It is intended. The game is meant to be played over time and is meant to have a lot of strategy to it. Events are tailored to the masses, not to the exceptions.

Emberguard

Legend
Those who have just moved up an age will have even less chance to defeat the large army of their new age. While most experienced posters have an easy solution, there will be others who can relate to how the event could be improved
The first time you’re doing anything it’d be unreasonable to expect to get it right or perfect. The first time you go through something gives you a basis on how to prepare for the next time

While to some extent it may be reasonable to have something easy enough for beginners, you already have a second option there that will always favour brand new accounts over more established ones: scout a province. By the time scouting becomes a problem you‘ve been around long enough to be able to challenge the large army or learn how. If you can’t do either and are at the beginning of the game then that’s actually a good thing. The best time to fail at something is when you’re still learning it. If it’s so easy you never fail then you’re setting yourself up to fail and fail hard later down the track when it’s crucial to know what you’re doing if you’re going to get anywhere once the difficulty increases from ageing up