• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[Feedback] Message Center Changes

• Thread starter DeletedUser104881
  • Start date

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
As a guild founder, the Guild Forum has proven to be of great use and it is very sad to see that it will be removed from the game.
--(SNIP!)--
I just want to say that, as a guild founder, I have worked hard to make my Guild Forum well-written, presentable and relevant and it is a pity that I must limit my ideas to fit into an increasingly limiting platform.
Join the club - or maybe it should be a support group!

The message center has always been way too limited for any kind of guild documents about strategies, or lists of any kind, you only get around 20 line breaks before it tells you to go $%&*! yourself, so you have to break it into multiple messages; which is even worse now than it used to be with all the wasted space and huge text bubbles on everything. But that's why we had the guild forum... The message size limitation and lack of being able to edit for changes later is way worse than the 60 days deletion problem ("solved" by making 5 important messages that don't delete, wow, not enough options and still confusing and cluttered, but whatever...)

I could rant all day but I'm getting tired of having to do that; the game direction lately is BAD on many fronts (message format, guild forums, Battlegrounds needs major changes, PvP arena we have not forgotten was a disaster.)

So yeah, as above post laments, the message center, even with the recent changes, is in no-way a replacement for the guild forum; not even close. Better question, why couldn't the forum be added to mobile? it's just text, nothing too complicated like GvG excuse is for why it will never be on mobile.

We solved most issues with the new message center by just keeping our leaders thread and fp swap chains in social tab. Just because it's a guild thread doesn't mean it has to go in the guild tab - pay no attention to tab name! LOL they should have called it the "everything you want people auto added to" tab. or the "replacement guild forum" tab.

And we solve the problem of the guild forum removal by moving everything to a google site. Google sheets and google docs and google drive is better and won't get yanked away from us; it's the only reasonable option for all of our guild materials.

But my my my -- aren't we a bunch of busy problem solvers lately? Finding ways to make things work because we aren't given the right tools for the job. We think its ridiculous how many outside sites, like google, and other extension tools, we need to use to make up for the lack of functionality in the game itself.

Last edited:

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
I have marked some msgs as Important like new GB, GVG and GBG so I guess those will stay forever now and keep all the message history too, even those over 60 days old? I thought it was a way to filter, not a way to stop the 60 day deletion. All our threads are active so at some point those will become "too big too fail" - brilliant!

What if a guild marks a thread as important and its an Arc thread or something that gets posted to about 100 times a day. When it has a few hundred thousand posts and the stuff over 60 days doesn't get cleared out, all because someone wanted to filter it as Important, what then? Massive lag, message center crash? What's the end game on that? Did anybody consider this?

Shad23

Emperor
i don't know if this has been mentioned befor but this is somthing needed in my opinion eaven if other stuff are more urgent to change in msg center :
not realy important just anoying extra clic not needed when in favorite msg's or hiden their should be a tab called ( msg center ) to avoid 1 clic

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
Improvement Idea:

In the message center, it should be possible to drag ("drag and drop") the "canvas" just as you can drag the map (city).
This would render a sense of consistency of the theme.
In other words, the message center page(s) should be behavev as if in a PDF viewer rather than a DOC viewer

Shad23

Emperor
Instant messages are not posts
And editting would cause problem I think

In the x1.9 thread, once a message is sent, in a fraction of a second it is acted upon, so.
editing will only cause problems in 1.9 threads i think
i know lots of situations where i would have liked having edit or deleat functions on a msg sent

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
This bug still isnt repaired, but it was already a update....will be in this millenium please ?

"
BUG PC: When you sea or write any message, then in top it shows "time/date and your name", this is incorrect.

On mobile is correct and shows: "name and then time/date"

This on PC is very anoying.
"

View attachment 21947 <----this ISNT correct...check on mobile app how it should be!!

View attachment 21950 - MOBILE app - correct one

So this still isnt repaired?

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
Is true, that Whisper isnt working on Mobiles only global/hood/guild Chat?

So a PC player uses Whisper to mobile player who now see global, but not see Whispers? Realy? :lol:

Al Beback

Private
one minute this junk was going to be removed then it it isn't, totally unproductive...message window is flashing, i click it and takes me to guild messages, click social nothing to read there, leave its still flashing, go back and mark guild and social as read..click click click leave and its still flashing till i go back again, heap of junk, everything is all over the place and the constant flashing when i already read it unless i go back again and again shts me

Flashing chat button.
I'm not playing on app. But from what I read above, it sounds like the chat button flashes every time a new chat is added. Must be really annoying with a constantly flashing button, if you don't read the chat... So maybe you click the button to stop the flashing, but 2 seconds later it flashes again, because someone is having a conversation in the chat. :-(

Last edited:
Flashing chat button.
I'm not playing on app. But from what I read above, it sounds like the chat button flashes every time a new chat is added. Must be really annoying with a constantly flashing button, if you don't read the chat... So maybe you click the button to stop the flashing, but 2 seconds later it flashes again, because someone is having a conversation in the chat. :-(
On app but I've not seen the chat button flash once but the message box still shows unread messages after you close it when you've read everything until you go back into it again.

PoetsWife

Private
I am finding it difficult to copy, paste and edit into the guild message threads on mobile devices only. The message window is very tiny and the text always disappears behind the screen keyboard, often drops off the bottom or moves around quite erratically.

I have no problem at all on the desktop, and can even use the mouse to copy and paste if I don't want to use the keystrokes. But I am really struggling to edit, for example, 1.9 thread posts, as the cursor bounces around all over the place. (And we have to edit them to add in our own and delete any we've covered.)

Other guild members have said that they don't have the same problem and that it's much easier on their devices since the new message centre opened. But many of us are also saying that we can't do it and some can't even copy and paste at all on their phones.

Is it possible to make the message window bigger on mobile devices? Or is it a potential bug? Or does it depend on devices? (Mine are both new.)

I am finding it difficult to copy, paste and edit into the guild message threads on mobile devices only. The message window is very tiny and the text always disappears behind the screen keyboard, often drops off the bottom or moves around quite erratically.

I have no problem at all on the desktop, and can even use the mouse to copy and paste if I don't want to use the keystrokes. But I am really struggling to edit, for example, 1.9 thread posts, as the cursor bounces around all over the place. (And we have to edit them to add in our own and delete any we've covered.)

Other guild members have said that they don't have the same problem and that it's much easier on their devices since the new message centre opened. But many of us are also saying that we can't do it and some can't even copy and paste at all on their phones.

Is it possible to make the message window bigger on mobile devices? Or is it a potential bug? Or does it depend on devices? (Mine are both new.)
The copy/paste hell is one of the reasons I hate playing on the app.

just tryed copy and paste on chrome works perfect on chrome will stop using FF till they fix it on FF
Hmm... "mouse paste" seems to work in Edge too now. It didn't some time ago. Apparently they've fixed it, maybe with the upgrade. Haven't tried it for a while because I just got used to ctrl-v.

Could Dev team include next update:
- Auto Access to Guild Threads (eg 1.9x, etc) for newly joined guild members.
- Auto Delete Access to Guild Threads for members exiting the guild.
Selection of Threads can be setup by leaders/founders to set auto default (and 'all' for deletion).
this would save leaders hours of admin work every time new member join or clean up after member exit the guild.