• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: To be able to select the Era of goods in the Market (mobile)

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 24 77.4%
  • No

Votes: 7 22.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynreya

Private
Proposal: To be able to select the Era of goods on the Market. So if you wanted to know what was available in the modern era, you'd click on modern era and all trades with any of those 5 items would show up

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Yes, I don't think so, tried my best to find something similar

Reason: I'm always on the hunt for a good deal and I find it a bit time consuming to go through all the items one by one. Sometimes I just want to know all the offers available with all 5 items from any eras instead of going back and forth to each item. I think it would be more user-friendly to be able to narrow the search without needing to create some sort of advanced search feature.

Visual Aids/Details:
I don't know how to do that but on the mobile app, everything is arranged by age so I suppose the names of the eras could be hyperlinked to narrow the search to specific eras.

Balance: It wouldn't disturb the balance of the game, just make it more user-friendly to players

Abuse Prevention: Everything else would remain the same therefore no abuse

Knight of ICE

You start out with 2 goods you can produce boosted. Later that becomes 3. Looking for a good deal means trading the goods you have a boost for. You do not have to be able to select the age to do that. This would only be usefull for traders that want to balance their goods. A limited group in my opinion.

Powe

Brigadier-General
You start out with 2 goods you can produce boosted. Later that becomes 3. Looking for a good deal means trading the goods you have a boost for. You do not have to be aable to select the age to do that. This would only be usefull for traders that want to balance their goods. A limited group in my opinion.
And in VF you get a fourth EMA deposit.

Cynreya

Private
I would vote for it if it wasn't just for mobile.
I can remove the mobile part, I only mentioned it like that because on the app, the goods are already arranged by era so (I assume) it wouldn't be too difficult to change the format to make the change whilst on the PC, all the goods are listed without any gaps or grouping. Obviously, it would be ideal to have it on all platforms if that were possible

potatoskunk

Master Corporal
I don't see why people are downvoting this. You might not use it, but why object to giving it to those who would?

potatoskunk

Master Corporal
So what you are basically saying is that you need to vote in favor of everything proposed, cause there is always someone who would use it.
No. If you would not be affected, why vote at all? Just abstain from voting on matters that don't affect you.

Because if the proposal is implemented, then everyone has to use it, not just for the players in favour of it.
Not if it's implemented as suggested. If it's implemented as suggested, it's an option that you can use or ignore as you so choose.

potatoskunk

Master Corporal
That is saying the same. Since you think this is on option you can ignore nobody is effected by this, so no votes are not allowed. Problem is, if I have to ignore it, I am effected by it.
That's not what I'm saying. What I am saying is that if it doesn't hurt you, won't effect the way you play the game, and doesn't have any problematic implications for balance, why vote against it?

In the Market window, there is an option to filter trades to your neighbourhood. I have never used this feature, and I probably never will.

But it doesn't hurt me either. I simply ignore it.

If this feature did not exist and someone requested it, by your logic I should vote it down. But why? It doesn't help me, but it doesn't hurt me either, and if some people like it, why not let them have it? I certainly wouldn't vote in favour, but I see no reason to vote against it either. I simply wouldn't vote at all unless they set up the poll with a third "I don't care either way" option.

It seems to me that you are opposing any ideas that you personally would not find beneficial. But there many different ways to play the game, and there are a lot of potential ideas that might have no effect on you, but that would be beneficial for other people. Why oppose those ideas?

Knight of ICE

If this feature did not exist and someone requested it, by your logic I should vote it down. But why? It doesn't help me, but it doesn't hurt me either, and if some people like it, why not let them have it? I certainly wouldn't vote in favour, but I see no reason to vote against it either. I simply wouldn't vote at all unless they set up the poll with a third "I don't care either way" option.

No, by my logic you should not vote it down, but you have the right to do so. I don't question someone's vote like you do. If someone votes no, he/she must have a reason for it and since it is a poll the reason is not relevant, so you should not question that, but accept it.

I don't care if the vote is yes or no, but I do care that people are allowed to vote the way they want and are not questioned about it.

Third option in the poll is not allowed.

potatoskunk

Master Corporal
I don't object to people voting something down if they think it's a bad idea. But it can be valuable to ask for the reasons for the downvote. If someone explains why they don't like an idea, perhaps the idea could be refined to address their concerns and make both sides happy.

Also, why isn't the third poll option permitted? Wouldn't that result in a better sense of what the community thinks? 4 yes, 1 no and 15 don't care tells you something very different from 7 yes and 13 no. The first tells you that most people don't care, but those with an opinion mostly like it, while the second might lead you to think it's mostly viewed negatively - when, with the second, a no vote often means nothing more than "I wouldn't use this".

I don't object to people voting something down if they think it's a bad idea. But it can be valuable to ask for the reasons for the downvote. If someone explains why they don't like an idea, perhaps the idea could be refined to address their concerns and make both sides happy.

Also, why isn't the third poll option permitted? Wouldn't that result in a better sense of what the community thinks? 4 yes, 1 no and 15 don't care tells you something very different from 7 yes and 13 no. The first tells you that most people don't care, but those with an opinion mostly like it, while the second might lead you to think it's mostly viewed negatively - when, with the second, a no vote often means nothing more than "I wouldn't use this".
Nah, if people don't care, they don't vote "no", they just don't vote at all. No need for an "I don't care" option.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
One reason for a No vote, is because they soon get to be sick and tired of reading a single-minded individual with zero acceptance of anything other than what that ones opinion has been. As can be seen in this whole thread, you have absolute refusal to accept anything other than what you decided in creating this thread. You have zero fresh arguements, instead regurgitating the same thing over and over - and is is sick and tiring seeing that. I vote no because of the way you present, more than anything. And any other thread I see your name on now, you have already predetermined my vote to be a No, no matter what the subject might be about.

Knight of ICE

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...-how-it-works-requirements-for-posting.42178/

Status
Not open for further replies.