• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Fall Event 2020 Feedback Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Hence why the Barn itself is hot garbage. ;)
Typically you'll be forced to add on roughly 12 road tiles at minimum to it's overall size, pushing it from another wise decent 42 tiles, to a horrible 54 total tiles worth of space.

Yeah, just going by the image alone I thought "hey cool, 2 roads is all you need to connect the set, you can put these a long the back wall"

Only to be greeted with "no road connection" sign. Who on Earth thought that it was a good idea to make 2 of the 2x'3's need roads, lol. That's so awkward and requires so much extra road to be worth it. No wonder everyone's not placing the barn and just going for set pieces.

I wanted to as well but figured the barn would be a neat target for my BG as I don't have many things above 10fp yet. But man the road requirement for this set is atrocious... unless you just go for attack boosts then you can put it wherever :p

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
As it seems we are also relying on dailies for event ingredients it is as others have said a bit off to have to win 2 map sectors by fighting in the daily challenge. Normally one could skip these if it took players beyond their age but when ingredients are at stake........Luckily i had a region in my age reserved for these fights but not many sectors left due to the regularity of sector demands by fighting. At least by negotiation or 'acquire' you can trade for goods above your pay grade or heaven forbid buy with diamonds in higher ages. It is unfair and as a daily is not open to feedback from the beta event.

Don't leave attackable places open, then you don't get daily challenges that ask for them :)

suethegreat

Captain
Is there hard evidence that when regions are completed no requests appear or scouting requests? For lower age players perhaps without GE the event requires acquiring sectors thus forcing progress. You then have to factor in time to scout before opening a region (Soccer required scouting?) At a low age without pvp or GE at least you can use sectors to defeat units even if cycling surrender after each 4 for example are killed before retaliation. Lower ages also have relentless story quests to win sectors to progress and may lack the experience to resist.

Powe

Brigadier-General
Is there hard evidence that when regions are completed no requests appear or scouting requests? For lower age players perhaps without GE the event requires acquiring sectors thus forcing progress. You then have to factor in time to scout before opening a region (Soccer required scouting?) At a low age without pvp or GE at least you can use sectors to defeat units even if cycling surrender after each 4 for example are killed before retaliation. Lower ages also have relentless story quests to win sectors to progress and may lack the experience to resist.
There is hard evidence, but only for daily challenges. Not in events.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
1. Yes, it is tested and proven. Plus it has been long confirmed by the dataminers.

2. GE opens up the second you research a single Iron Age tech. Only Bronze Age players need to be hyper careful, however they do not yet have access to daily challenges so that point is moot.

3. There is ALWAYS an alternative option to every single "scout X"/"gain X sectors" quests!!

4. You don't have to progress the story quests. In fact, it's often best not to push the ones demanding scouting/sector clearing until you're absolutely ready to push forwards.
Make use of the recurring quests which are a good source of additional resources, (and occasionally diamonds!) Build a Chateaux and level it even to just Lv10 for ridiculous amounts of bonus resources... the higher you level that sucker, the larger your snowball becomes, to the point that you can make 100's - 1000's of goods/medals per day alongside 100,000's of coins/supplies.

5. Patience is the most important element to this game. Resist at all costs the urge to constantly advance, or else end up a tiny minnow in a very large pond and be prey for every one of your violent 'hoodies. :P

suethegreat

Captain
Today my daily option for event ingredients was acquire 5 sectors on the continent map! 5 !!! As a normal daily i would pass but every apple helps. Having 2 regions open and with numerous trades to get Colonial age goods (im HMA) I succeeded so once the remaining couple of sectors are completed I will check the theory of no more annoying map requests :) (luckily i wasn't asked to fight!!!!)

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Today my daily option for event ingredients was acquire 5 sectors on the continent map! 5 !!! As a normal daily i would pass but every apple helps. Having 2 regions open and with numerous trades to get Colonial age goods (im HMA) I succeeded so once the remaining couple of sectors are completed I will check the theory of no more annoying map requests :) (luckily i wasn't asked to fight!!!!)
It's not a 'theory', it's plain fact.

My main city has had 0 open provinces ever since the DC's were released, with the sole exception being a single event where scouting/sector taking was unavoidable.
In all that time, the only times I ever had map quests in the dailies, was during that tiny window where I had to keep some sectors open for an event. (IIRC, it was one of the final Historical quest line events)

I tested it out as well using my 'junk'/diamond farm city, by purposefully keeping a province open. It would routinely get c-map demands in the dailies. Once I closed off & completed the province, 0 c-map demands ever since.

suethegreat

Captain
Well i had yet another 5 sectors in yesterdays daily which happened to be all that was left but after a lot of goods trading and 35 diamonds it was completed and i won 100 diamonds and monastery in the process :) hopefully i can now sit back and not get the requests.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
I'm honestly surprised they did not buff the barn some, or remove the road requirements so its less then 3 buildings requiring it. Seems kinda funky that the best stuff out of this event, is the rest of the set, where you actually are better off for ignoring the barn entirely

Heroic Name

Private
thanks inno. i finsihed event quests...tidied up the trash around town, even did dailies to get baking goods.....and still i did not manage a full event set because i did not spend diamonds, i am guessing this has been your most profitable event ever?

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Do not blame Inno - I did not spend a single $ or diamond either, and I got the full event. Maybe you just selected the daily a few times that did not have the ingredient prize because the other daily had something else you wanted. Regardless, it definitely was a doable event.

Forwandert

Major-General
I didn't manage the harvest barn final upgrade which is unusual for me on events. Completed every daily quest for ingredients throughout and collected every incident, left pretty much 50% of the final run short. I did get 8 selection kits though and didn't want the barn building anyway so not really affected by the final barn upgrade.

Do not blame Inno - I did not spend a single $ or diamond either, and I got the full event. Maybe you just selected the daily a few times that did not have the ingredient prize because the other daily had something else you wanted. Regardless, it definitely was a doable event.

Just read up on beta. The final prize did rely on gaining a certain amount of ingredients from incidents so not totally in the hands of the player to do by their own work.

Last edited:

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Just read up on beta. The final prize did rely on gaining a certain amount of ingredients from incidents so not totally in the hands of the player to do by their own work.
You also cannot rely on Beta notes, just because some changes are often made between Beta and Live. As I did not participate in Beta, I have no clue if Live was exactly the same or not, or if the Ingredient Dailies started sooner or not, or who knows. You can only make assumptions.
I did the Event on two Worlds, and my other city, I did skip the Ingredient Dailies three or four times because I wanted the other one - guess what, I ended up 2 short of getting the final upgrade. That would have been 6 or 8 more ingredients, as well as the recipes could have been friendlier RNG with offering me choices for ingredients I had instead of ones I was out of. So technically I easily could have had the complete final Buildings on both.
I would agree that the incidents would make a factor as well, but without any valid data, who can actually - again, back to just making assumptions.

Forwandert

Major-General
- again, back to just making assumptions.

So if you don't have a clue and are assuming why the comment to the poster above then?

Edit: Just to add I forgot the selection kit included the barn upgrade and I ended with a lvl 1, 2 barn upgrades and 8 selection kits. So could have completed the 6 other buildings and the barn easily completing the set with a spare selection kit.

Last edited:

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
I didn't manage the harvest barn final upgrade which is unusual for me on events. Completed every daily quest for ingredients throughout and collected every incident, left pretty much 50% of the final run short. I did get 8 selection kits though and didn't want the barn building anyway so not really affected by the final barn upgrade.

yup, mostly only 20% of people got the full set for free (The 2 kits from league) every single other free player, 80% of the server, did not complete the set.