• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Fall Event 2020 Feedback Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
And for supply/coin collection quests you CAN build and demolish (no need to wait for the building to finish, just lay the foundations) to "collect" coins/supplies. But note, you will lose overall stock doing this

I remember doing it at an early age with a more expensive building then I realised, had spent 2mil supplies instantly on accident, that one hurt :)

Suttegris

Private
...again, those active players will skip 1-2 days at most, since we know how to crush events. If missing 1-2 days of aid is crippling your city, then your city needs a re-think. :P

It is irrelevant whether a good/active player can crunch the quests in a few days. Anyone semi-active can complete the questline without any skill or prior experience, he just needs a bit longer, and the event lasts for three weeks.

The problem is that the quests are so mind-bogglingly stupid that they turn reasonably intelligent players into zombies who play the game without thinking. Hell, some might even go on the forums to defend the system.

Forwandert

Major-General
For happiness quests: Store a special/event building that gives enough happiness for the quest and rebuild it. Takes 10 seconds, costs nothing.

Same with population quests. Store a special/event building that gives enough population for the quest and rebuild it.

I just flip roads for happiness quests (available on the app version without deleting them SAAB-SAM and back again)

Gain pop it's just two delete and rebuilds of one barrack. Guess it depends out your era. Not a fan of using my store buildings they come in handy when a new era appears and I bring out the goods buildings in my inventory that I don't use most of the year.

I just flip roads for happiness quests (available on the app version without deleting them SAAB-SAM and back again)

Gain pop it's just two delete and rebuilds of one barrack. Guess it depends out your era. Not a fan of using my store buildings they come in handy when a new era appears and I bring out the goods buildings in my inventory that I don't use most of the year.
Well, yeah, better to save the store buildings for something better maybe. But you'll have to pay for the roads and the barracks then, and wait for the barracks to rebuild.

Powe

Brigadier-General
One of the toughest things this event is deciding what you want in the set: goods, FPs, A/D, or a mix?

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
It is irrelevant whether a good/active player can crunch the quests in a few days. Anyone semi-active can complete the questline without any skill or prior experience, he just needs a bit longer, and the event lasts for three weeks.

The problem is that the quests are so mind-bogglingly stupid that they turn reasonably intelligent players into zombies who play the game without thinking. Hell, some might even go on the forums to defend the system.
So? I still fail to see any actual problem here?
For myself, I was off-on on my daily visits/tavern crawls for 3 days total. 2 days to fly through the sequential quest line, then 1 day to re-set all the timers across my city to my preferred time.
I still managed to complete GE Lv3 this week, despite holding it back until the event itself began on Thurs. GBG's helped out on some of the various battle quests...

Unless you're trying to say that event quest line should go back to the gak-fest they used to be, with tons of 8hr and/or 24hr production quests, (sometimes limited to production buildings of just your age or previous for added "joy")... alongside multiple forced scouting + sector/province clearing, all of which was fantastically mixed up in a mass jumble so you ended up wasting 2-3+ additional provinces, because... "reasons."
On the other hand, those event quest lines were hated by most players, since it took all control of how an individual wanted to play out of their hands.

Sure, the quest lines now are predictable, and after a while, they are boring to a certain degree.
BUT!
The alternative is far worse IMHO, since like most rational thinking people, I don't enjoy nor want a return to a system that specifically dictates my every action & decides for me how my game will evolve.

are they ? =))

60~72% attack will do friend
I'm aiming for a set of 8 fields that'll cover 38 squares and give 48%atk + 16%def, alongside 5fps + 15 goods.

And still room for 4x Sentinel Towers for yet another 16%def, and end up with a nice even 7x6 block. :)

r21r

Major-General
I'm aiming for a set of 8 fields that'll cover 38 squares and give 48%atk + 16%def, alongside 5fps + 15 goods.

And still room for 4x Sentinel Towers for yet another 16%def, and end up with a nice even 7x6 block. :)
i'll try get 10kits, if i do, i will try to connect them :P
somehow lol

Powe

Brigadier-General
So? I still fail to see any actual problem here?
For myself, I was off-on on my daily visits/tavern crawls for 3 days total. 2 days to fly through the sequential quest line, then 1 day to re-set all the timers across my city to my preferred time.
I still managed to complete GE Lv3 this week, despite holding it back until the event itself began on Thurs. GBG's helped out on some of the various battle quests...

Unless you're trying to say that event quest line should go back to the gak-fest they used to be, with tons of 8hr and/or 24hr production quests, (sometimes limited to production buildings of just your age or previous for added "joy")... alongside multiple forced scouting + sector/province clearing, all of which was fantastically mixed up in a mass jumble so you ended up wasting 2-3+ additional provinces, because... "reasons."
On the other hand, those event quest lines were hated by most players, since it took all control of how an individual wanted to play out of their hands.

Sure, the quest lines now are predictable, and after a while, they are boring to a certain degree.
BUT!
The alternative is far worse IMHO, since like most rational thinking people, I don't enjoy nor want a return to a system that specifically dictates my every action & decides for me how my game will evolve.

I will now proceed to annoy you by telling you I got 3 sentinel towers in three goes while just trying to get units, so it was actually bad for me because I didn't get the units.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
I will now proceed to annoy you by telling you I got 3 sentinel towers in three goes while just trying to get units, so it was actually bad for me because I didn't get the units.
Then it appears that karma has already kicked you squarely for such heresy!:P
...and for laughing at your misfortune, I'll probably end up blowing through all my ingredients today and get exactly 0 Sent Towers myself.

Lesson for the day: Karma hates everyone equally

Unable to close reward window for a few seconds, X is greyed out for some reason as in the last event. If you bake a dozen of this cakes in a row it becomes very annoying.
Screenshot_20200916-163419_Forge of Empires.jpg

All through the event I have 2 quests at the same time. Yesterday when I completed a quest it didn't give me a new quest so now I only have one quest. Anyone else experienced getting fewer quests?
New to the game, so don't know if I had been lucky from the start with two quest or if I loose a quest when I get to 49 completed quests.

Powe

Brigadier-General
All through the event I have 2 quests at the same time. Yesterday when I completed a quest it didn't give me a new quest so now I only have one quest. Anyone else experienced getting fewer quests?
New to the game, so don't know if I had been lucky from the start with two quest or if I loose a quest when I get to 49 completed quests.
There are 2 questlines, each with a set number. Finish one and you don't get another.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
1600373985595.png

Why do they give us a set configuration that doesn't work? This doesn't work, both the Sunflower patch and the primrose bloom 2x3's need a road connection. Why did they make the Primose bloom a cultural building instead of just a deco? It doesn't produce anything its just happiness and boosts. It needing a road is incredibly annoying :p

suethegreat

Captain
As it seems we are also relying on dailies for event ingredients it is as others have said a bit off to have to win 2 map sectors by fighting in the daily challenge. Normally one could skip these if it took players beyond their age but when ingredients are at stake........Luckily i had a region in my age reserved for these fights but not many sectors left due to the regularity of sector demands by fighting. At least by negotiation or 'acquire' you can trade for goods above your pay grade or heaven forbid buy with diamonds in higher ages. It is unfair and as a daily is not open to feedback from the beta event.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
View attachment 21943

Why do they give us a set configuration that doesn't work? This doesn't work, both the Sunflower patch and the primrose bloom 2x3's need a road connection. Why did they make the Primose bloom a cultural building instead of just a deco? It doesn't produce anything its just happiness and boosts. It needing a road is incredibly annoying :p
Hence why the Barn itself is hot garbage. ;)
Typically you'll be forced to add on roughly 12 road tiles at minimum to it's overall size, pushing it from another wise decent 42 tiles, to a horrible 54 total tiles worth of space.

As it seems we are also relying on dailies for event ingredients it is as others have said a bit off to have to win 2 map sectors by fighting in the daily challenge. Normally one could skip these if it took players beyond their age but when ingredients are at stake........Luckily i had a region in my age reserved for these fights but not many sectors left due to the regularity of sector demands by fighting. At least by negotiation or 'acquire' you can trade for goods above your pay grade or heaven forbid buy with diamonds in higher ages. It is unfair and as a daily is not open to feedback from the beta event.
You don't need the daily challenges for ingredients outside of having a chance to push into the Silver league finish.

Also, Do. Not. Leave. Open. Provinces. EVER!!
If you have 0 open/unfinished provinces, you will never, ever, ever - EVER get any daily challenge quests demanding sector/province clearing as one of the tasks. >.>

Outside of Bronze Age, where non-province fighting is impossible, you can complete ALL the various battle themed quests through GE, GBG's, and/or attacking 'hoodies.
Even just having access to GE alone can complete all the various military quests, provided you carefully plan out your GE encounters. ;)