• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Newish nOOb's takeaways and tips for new players

Powe

Brigadier-General
Then it would be very informative to explain how you got to be holding 12 million coins after 4 months play on top of your daily coin needs.
I was a little late expanding my friend's cabin to 10 seats and using the coin boosts but I still don't have enough.
Event buildings.

Powe

Brigadier-General
which for noobs like us are perhaps the football, summer event (governors villa) and this event only. No way 12million.
they are good but not enough without cash shop help imo
In them I got: SoKs, Classical Garden set, Airship, Hippodrome, Statue of Honor, GV, Crows Nest, Harvest Barn set.

i messed up a few times
In them I got: SoKs, Classical Garden set, Airship, Hippodrome, Statue of Honor, GV, Crows Nest, Harvest Barn set.
Better than me, don't have classical gdn which I want, unleveled crows nest so it's just a waiting game until I can get more production going.
Of course, being behind means I might not get the most out of the fall event, we will see. :rolleyes:
There is a danger of taking this game too casually if you like to keep ahead.

Powe you are doing ok as a noob especially if you don't use the cash shop.
Out of curiosity what do you think about all the veterans who say stay at a low age and develop GB's?

Powe

Brigadier-General
Powe you are doing ok as a noob especially if you don't use the cash shop.
Out of curiosity what do you think about all the veterans who say stay at a low age and develop GB's?
That's what I'm doing in Colonial Age. I recently got The Arc, but you shouldn't do that till your FP production is at least 50 a day (Mine is 58). And yes, I will happily chat about this. I'm currently at 350000 points thanks to the Arc.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
i messed up a few times

Better than me, don't have classical gdn which I want, unleveled crows nest so it's just a waiting game until I can get more production going.
Of course, being behind means I might not get the most out of the fall event, we will see. :rolleyes:
There is a danger of taking this game too casually if you like to keep ahead.
If your production can't keep up with demands, then that's a giant sign you need to slow down/outright stop your tech tree advancement and focus on building up your economy.

As for guilds not longer taking on new players because of SC costs in GBG's...
My own guild is more than happy to take a season or two of less farming and/or even dropping to Platinum League for a season if it means we can help young cities grow and become strong cities.
It's only 3fps/5 diamonds difference between Plat vs. Dia leagues, and the odd time we do drop down, we end up being more than strong enough to dominate the map and require less SC's anyways since we can always hold the center of the map effectively and keep plenty of provinces open for encounters.

Sometimes it's well worth it to pass on a few extra personal rewards, when the overall team rewards will be a greater gain. ;)

that's a giant sign you need to slow down/outright stop your tech tree advancement and focus on building up your economy.

As for guilds not longer taking on new players because of SC costs in GBG's...
My own guild is more than happy to take a season or two of less farming and/or even dropping to Platinum League for a season if it means we can help young cities grow and become strong cities.
It's only 3fps/5 diamonds difference between Plat vs. Dia leagues, and the odd time we do drop down, we end up being more than strong enough to dominate the map and require less SC's anyways since we can always hold the center of the map effectively and keep plenty of provinces open for encounters.

Sometimes it's well worth it to pass on a few extra personal rewards, when the overall team rewards will be a greater gain. ;)

You are correct my tech tree has gone too far ahead mainly to fulfil quests like today's daily that want me to acquire two sectors on the campaign map.
My guild are very helpful to obtain the goods I need so I feel obliged to do them.especially as the reward is fall event ingredients so its not entirely my fault.

Please don't do daily's that ask you to do continent map. That is how you get too far ahead
It's the devs responsibility not to mix them with the current event ingredients as rewards.
Also bear in mind that the event quests themselves need you to capture sectors so not doing them means you won't finish the event.

Last edited:

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
It's the devs responsibility not to mix them with the current event ingredients as rewards.
Also bear in mind that the event quests themselves need you to capture sectors so not doing them means you won't finish the event.
If you have no open provinces, then you will NEVER get any "acquire X sectors" quests in the Daily Challenges. <.<

As well, you DO NOT! require the daily challenge fall ingredients to complete the event - they are simply a bonus and will only help potentially push you into silver vs. staying in bronze leagues.
...which is also further blurred by how many incidents gave out ingredients, AND, how well you use said ingredients.

League finish in this event is easily the least RNG-affected, since gaining a higher total is down more to how well you keep your 5 ingredients balanced vs. just blindly picking recipes based on say, daily special % vs. no. of stars, etc...
And again, diamonds are only required if you really, really want that gold league finish.

Last edited:
As well, you DO NOT! require the daily challenge fall ingredients to complete the event
I don't recall saying that you did, I was only wrong about event quests themselves.
If you select a daily quest for event ingredients that requires you to acquire sectors you have to do it to complete the quest.

Thanks for the tip about keeping no open provinces to prevent it from happening.

It seems like the daily challenges with the event ingredients are a little harder than the daily challenges usually are. For me, yesterday, one of them was 36x 4h productions.

Knight of ICE

It seems like the daily challenges with the event ingredients are a little harder than the daily challenges usually are. For me, yesterday, one of them was 36x 4h productions.

I get those regulary. It depends on the quest you select. If those are rare to you, you must pick different quests than I do.