• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Guild Forum Removal - Feedback

MarcelMerk

Private
I saw the notification about the removal of the Guild Forum. We use and I know also others use this to explain tactics, rules, guidelines etc to the guild and for new members. As this is removed we loose this way of informing our members.

We would likea way to maintain this way of communciation but maybe the way forward is to move this to teh Message Center. Make a for instance an extra Tab for this type of internal communication that can be maintained. But then that section needs to be out side of teh 60 days removal rule, I understand that this costs storage (but text is mimimal in capacity) so maybe limit the the amount of each uild to xx MB which should be sufficient.

Removing this now on such a short notice is not very customer friendly.

MarcelMerk

Private
Why? barely anyone uses it from what I've seen since it's only available on pc

That is more an argument to make it available on the mobiles then removing it entirly. Prefer to fix it within the System Center instead like suggested

Last edited:

MarcelMerk

Private
Copy everything from your guild forum in 1 thread. That leaves you 4 for other stuff.

Alternative, don't lock them and bump them every 1st of the month.

This isn't the end of the world. Plenty alternatives available.

That is no alternative at all. Bump them . Really. All rules, guidleine, comms in one thread. Sure nice way to organize all your info. Try finding something. Of in just a short notice your customers tell you it is a bad descion you might want to listen to the ones who pay the bill

MarcelMerk

Private
Not if you mark the thread as important.

There are noway that there enough to mark them all. There is a limit you know that. Stop defending and let Inno come uup with a proper ingame alternative by investegating the need of the forum or improvement of the MEssage Center in a way it would fit the community. Then once it is in place think of removing the Forum then.

Knight of ICE

That is no alternative at all. Bump them . Really. All rules, guidleine, comms in one thread. Sure nice way to organize all your info. Try finding something. Of in just a short notice your customers tell you it is a bad descion you might want to listen to the ones who pay the bill

The game was introduced in 2012. September 2014 it became available for mobile players. Those players have never been able to access the guild forum. That now means close to 6 year of no way for them to see rules, guidelines, comms, or anything. In all those 6 years, what was your solution to that?

MarcelMerk

Private
The game was introduced in 2012. September 2014 it became available for mobile players. Those players have never been able to access the guild forum. That now means close to 6 year of no way for them to see rules, guidelines, comms, or anything. In all those 6 years, what was your solution to that?

Some people play on more then one platform. I play on mobile, ipad and PC. Besides that I can access it from my mobile using a browser.

joesoap

Major-General
my solution to that was that we kept all the info on the guild forum, when new players joined (whether they were app or browser) we opened the forum & copied & pasted the basic guild info/rules to them
if players asked questions about other game things then again some1 opened the forum & copied & pasted the info they needed

as you say the game has been about since 2012 & it has seen a lot of changes since then so the forum has been brilliant as topics there could be edited to include new info, its a great place to keep links to videos about various aspects of the game without having to go & look for them everytime a player might ask
the game has been here for 8 years, some guilds have been about for nearly as long & the fact that they are still here means that leaders/founders have adapted to app players & found a way to keep their guilds going & happy

its unfortunate that the forum was never made available to app players but instead of removing it just tell app players tough its not available to them, thats such a better alternative than telling them that if they cant have something then no1 can

Last edited:

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel

In all those years, naturally, they did not play on mobile exclusively. Surely once in a while, mobile players have access to a computer.
Same with the still more years to come...

And just like that, guild posts have long-lasting value (hence quote "the hidden treasure"), and remain relevant for decades.

Their "shelf-life" (in a literal sense) can be long. Their content can be longer than messages, too.

Messages are also known as "Instant Messages". And the validity period is an instant. And short validity suits short content, too.

Sometimes you write a post in the forum and provide a pointer in the message center. And people can find them whenever they have the time, non-intrusively... Or they don't read them, ever, but it does not keep the writer from writing them. Just like books, sometimes books are not to be read but to be collected.

--
So basically, forum posts are books (whereas messages are letters). Fewer and fewer people are reading books, but a neatly-arranged shelf-full of books can be and often are used as a background when people make a video, and a pile of books can be used a bench to sit on.

Last edited:

Groovy Prof

Corporal
I appreciate the need to stream line data or programming.
However the person who has come up with this idea obviously is unaware of the different concept and format of the guild forum and guild chat.
To streamline why not simply move guild forum to the guild chat retaining it's completely different format.
The usage of guild forum is completely different to that of chat. The two are incompatible due to the aspects posed by each of them.
One has editing and tab creation with protocols set by guild founder and moderators. This enables a degree of control and security.
The other has no editing functionality, no tab creation and no control or security. Plus is deleted after however long.
The purpose of (or at least the guilds I've known) the guild forum is more of a notice board and record keeper.

A long time ago I used to be able to write programmes, back when size and space were an issue. We were taught to find ways of utilising the minimum programming. We were also taught the concept of redundancy, modular and object orientated. I say this as I suspect the removal of the forum will have a knock on effect that will see the conversation become a far weightier and top heavy programming nightmare than the space it is intended to free up.

I would urge caution on all the changes suggested for fear of changing the game and the risk of programming errors.
The guild forum is not redundant by any means, and especially utilised by more seasoned players/guilds.
I would also suggest you finish the changes to guild chat/message centre before you even consider removal of guild forum.
Make sure there is the ability to transfer the forum to the message centre first with all it's functionality. (Best to put the horse before the cart.)

But I fear this will not be possible and will result in a U turn (like PvP) with the difference of a vast amount of disgruntled players, ill will and negative feedback.
This may have a serious impact on the profitability and reputation of the game and with players who will vote with their feet.

To streamline and remove redundancy, far better to remove the duplicated chat. There is the world chat, neighbourhood chat and guild chat. The last two are redundant as no one uses them.
Chat.jpg
There is also redundancy in the two ways of viewing expedition, now that the docks take you to guild expedition, no need to have a button for it, maybe transfer the guild forum to the redundant button currently occupied by expedition!
expedition.jpg

Last edited:

r21r

Major-General
I have seen many app players ask how that can be done. I know it is kind of late now, but can you share how you do that?
there is a browser for mobiles that lets you navigate on PC data.
once my pc was broken i used an old phone to login and collect, and i ended up playing GvG xD

Knight of ICE

my solution to that was that we kept all the info on the guild forum, when new players joined (whether they were app or browser) we opened the forum & copied & pasted the basic guild info/rules to them
if players asked questions about other game things then again some1 opened the forum & copied & pasted the info they needed

as you say the game has been about since 2012 & it has seen a lot of changes since then so the forum has been brilliant as topics there could be edited to include new info, its a great place to keep links to videos about various aspects of the game without having to go & look for them everytime a player might ask
the game has been here for 8 years, some guilds have been about for nearly as long & the fact that they are still here means that leaders/founders have adapted to app players & found a way to keep their guilds going & happy

its unfortunate that the forum was never made available to app players but instead of removing it just tell app players tough its not available to them, thats such a better alternative than telling them that if they cant have something then no1 can

What is stopping you to do the same thing now?

I have always had a back up of our guild forum, so the info would not get lost. I can still share that in the way you described.

I am not defending this, buut I am realistic about it. Majority of players plays opn the app. I am sur Inno has the activity numbers for the guild forums. I am sure that's having influence on the decission.

there is a browser for mobiles that lets you navigate on PC data.
once my pc was broken i used an old phone to login and collect, and i ended up playing GvG xD

Thanks. Makes you wonder why this info was never publically shared by players who knew. Still could be a way for app players to participate in GvG.