• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Guild Forum Removal - Feedback

This is a bizarre decision! The 'Guild' tab in message centre can't replace the forums, it doesn't offer the same functionality. It's not designed for permanent guidline-type posts that people used the forum for. In addition to serious restrictions on formatting and text length, these permanent posts will be deleted for inactivity anyway. This much should be really obvious to those who made the decision, but even if it wasn't (which is concerning), it was pointed out on Beta several times!

Knight of ICE

Yeah, right, it is a strategy game after all ... the message center should be a challenge, of course ...

So tell me, how many "important" threads do you have in your guild that need to be marked as important, cause there will be not 1 new message in that thread in 60 days?

So tell me, how many "important" threads do you have in your guild that need to be marked as important, cause there will be not 1 new message in that thread in 60 days?
Zero at the moment in my guild. But I guess that some guilds, if they copy the "important" threads with guild rules, guidelines etc. from the guild forum to the message center, will need to mark more than 5(?) threads as important. Those threads will most likely be "locked" threads with no new comments added (for 60 days).
For me and "my guild" most of the things in the guild forum are outdated long ago, and no one has used the forum for ages. Personally, i don't care if it's removed. Some of the things in the guild forum might have "historical value" though and may be worth archiving for nostalgic reasons.

Last edited:

Knight of ICE

Zero at the moment in my guild. But I guess that some guilds, if they copy the "important" threads with guild rules, guidelines etc. from the guild forum to the message center, will need to mark more than 5(?) threads as important. Those threads will most likely be "locked" threads with no new comments added (for 60 days).

Copy everything from your guild forum in 1 thread. That leaves you 4 for other stuff.

Alternative, don't lock them and bump them every 1st of the month.

This isn't the end of the world. Plenty alternatives available.

Kray Karen

Private
I am amazed at how many people are saying that they do not use the guild forum. Our forum uses it. A lot. Not having it will cause vast amounts of work for me. Not just in saving everything on it, but in the future.

Seriously Inno. I get getting sick and tired of the "improvements" you are making. Whose bloody stupid idea was this?

While the improvements to the message centre are improvements, there is no way that the message centre could possibly hold all the guild information that we have on the forum. This is not out-dated information or information that we want to archive. I have set it up in a way that it is the information we use all the time.

Yep. Keep on pushing away the people who do not play the game the way that you do. Soon you will have a nice polite inclusive little club

Kray Karen

Private

I cannot be precise but certainly over 20. Just because you do not use the guild forum, does not mean that others do not. Your comments just make you appear selfish and uncaring

Knight of ICE

I cannot be precise but certainly over 20. Just because you do not use the guild forum, does not mean that others do not. Your comments just make you appear selfish and uncaring

And in those over 20 threads nothing ever happens in 60 days? They are all locked?

btw, that comment was made about guild threads and not the forum

Hijiri

Private
Guild Forum will be removed on October 5th, 2020. Read all about it here. Any feedback regarding this change should be left on this thread.
There seems to be 2 distinct groups here, one in favour (UK English) and one against retaining the old guild forum.
I only play on Laptop so I like the forum the way it is and my guild does use it, although I suspect only those really socially active players in the guild.
It holds a raft of information and data which we would like to keep but transferring it to the guild message centre (UK) is not possible as the line length and number of characters are almost always too great.
Like others I have great difficulty in understanding Inno's rationale for this step and that of PvP.
I appreciate more and more players are using mobile devices to access the game but it would have been a good idea to consult/think about those of us who like the guild forum.
Surely it must be possible to set up a tab in the guild message centre headed Old Guild Forum and allow all the information to be transferred across to that.
This could even be done by Inno themselves automatically, if you put your minds to it!
Try thinking about all your players and thinking through the actions you are taking, you may end up with less players if you ignore those of us who have stuck with you from the beginning.
regards
klikiss

Groovy Prof

Corporal
Finally managed to log on!
Who came up with this idea?
Seriously guild forum and guild chat are 2 totally different formats.
Not sure how others use guild forum, but I've only ever seen it for guild rules, guild information and instructional purposes, due to the edit nature of the guild forum format. It is not a chat room but a notice board. With important notices on what is expected, instruction manuals on how best to do certain aspects of game and guild rules (if any).
Yes I know there are many game play manuals online, but nothing in game, which is why the guild forum is used.
Plus the aspect that limitations as to who can post is set by guild founders and moderators, so as to prevent misuse.
None of which would be suitable in the chat/conversation proposal which is limited to 5 important notices and then deleted after 60 days"!!!
chat is used for FP threads and trades which are transitory and constantly changing. Forum is for more permanent notices.

Oh and biggest joke, sorry, stupidest idea, is "please transfer details you wish to save to conversation"...Really? How?
The formats are completely different! Layouts completely different! Concept is completely different! (see attached images)
forum1.jpg
forum2.jpg

If anything is to be removed get rid of the local and guild chats attached to world chat (top right hand side of screen). Seeing as how they are never used!

Last edited by a moderator: