• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Cold: Adding Player's Age to the Global Ranking screen

Would this improve your Social Interaction, friend selection, or enhance your game-play?

• Yes

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RichinZhills

Corporal
Proposal:
Add a Player's Age column to the Global Ranking with a grouping option according to that Age.

Reason:
With the neighborhoods being balanced according to Age, access to bp's when aiding neighbors is fairly limited to your age or below. Adding friends from the neighborhood are also those in your Age or within +/- Age.
-Since random BP selection might be based on the building you aid, you're limited on the GB BP's you can receive.
-Being able to see which players in Global are in the Age of the GB your seeking, you can try to send them friend invitations to increase your chances of getting BP's from that Age when you aid them as friends.
-Allows you to know who in your Age is actually #1

Details:
It's just adding another column in the Global Ranking system to display the player's Age that they're in. Additionally, since it's Global, allow sub-ranking by the player's Age. Much like how the GB's are displayed. A further step may be to implement a sort feature like the Army Management (UI) where you can choose which Age you'd like to see, and all the players in that Age show up ranked accordingly.
Visual Aids:
foeAllAges.jpg

foeBronzeAge.jpg

Balance:
Other than just enhance the UI of the Global Ranking screen, no other game interaction is necessary. Other than possibly adding a blue/red button that allows a player to specify whether they're open to a friend invitation or not.
Abuse Prevention:
Other than displaying an additional field from the user's information, there's no ability for abuse. Unless the player feels that by revealing their Age, it shows how overbalanced they may be in that Age.

Summary:
Players need to find new ways to identify friends who may be able to assist in their growth. Most players from new ages are not necessarily able to assist as they're trying to progress themselves.

Last edited:

Knight of ICE

Poll needs to be adjusted to yes/no. Only 2 options allowed.

I do not see any use for this. Maybe it comes in handy once, when you start inviting friends. In the current system to invite new friends you need to delete all above 80 to invite new friends. Nobody is going to delete 45 friends to invite 5 new ones. You don't use your friends to find BP's.

RichinZhills

Corporal
It doesn't give me a choice to remove the 3rd option.

I haven't been fortunate enough to have more than 92 friends yet in one of my worlds. And when I prune my list (non-aiders) I do find that I sometimes lose 10 or more. Your last sentence should be clarified. Of course you use your friends to find BP's, that's why you have friends, so you can contribute to their GB. Players may not use Guilds, but threads are even harder to obtain BP's since the entire guild may add fps to it.
So again, this will give players who are looking for specific BP's (The Arc), to load their friend's list with players from "The Future" and when they aid them, and a building in that Age gets polished, and they roll their chance to get a bp, they have a 50/50 shot of getting an Arc BP for free.

Knight of ICE

I haven't been fortunate enough to have more than 92 friends yet in one of my worlds. And when I prune my list (non-aiders) I do find that I sometimes lose 10 or more. Your last sentence should be clarified. Of course you use your friends to find BP's, that's why you have friends, so you can contribute to their GB. Players may not use Guilds, but threads are even harder to obtain BP's since the entire guild may add fps to it.

If that is the case, why do you prune your list and remover non-aiders? They still give you a BP chance. Aiding has nothing to do with that.

RichinZhills

Corporal
I'd rather have active players aiding my buildings than a "Chance" at blueprints from inactive friends. Inactive friends hit you twice, they don't aid and they don't visit your Tavern, you should know this. Also "Aiding" has everything to do with your random blueprints. From the foe Fandom wiki:
"Note: The Great Building blueprint that is received from a building that was recently polished, motivated or plundered will be from the same age as that building."

So I may be a new player (about 6 months), but I play in 10 worlds so I have over 2,000 friends, guildmates, and neighbors. So when I lose those friends from the Bronze, Iron, or EMA ages who have just quit playing, I want to replace them with higher aged friends who are capable of assisting me, even passively. Not same age players who will compete with me for those higher Age blueprints or still be working on their level 9 Oracle.

legend9182

Major-General
First of all
Getting bps by aiding can only help to build.
After you reach level 10 arc you need to take them directly through gb.
Because bps needed are so much that 1 or 2 per day bps won't make any difference

Poll needs to be adjusted to yes/no. Only 2 options allowed.

I do not see any use for this. Maybe it comes in handy once, when you start inviting friends. In the current system to invite new friends you need to delete all above 80 to invite new friends. Nobody is going to delete 45 friends to invite 5 new ones. You don't use your friends to find BP's.

What about when you recruit players? Don't you think it would be useful in in that case as well?

r21r

Major-General
It is a yes from me, reason is :
It takes me far less time to see in what era a player is with this idea than clicking and entering into cities to see the townhall..
i am recruiting mostly Iron Age so this would be really helpfull to me

It is a yes from me, reason is :
It takes me far less time to see in what era a player is with this idea than clicking and entering into cities to see the townhall..
i am recruiting mostly Iron Age so this would be really helpfull to me
Of course it's helpful. Those who actually play the game and participate in all of its aspects can clearly see that.

This idea deserves more support and recognition. I already voted in favor.

Knight of ICE

This idea does not have enough Community support. Closed and archived.

Status
Not open for further replies.