• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[Feedback] Message Center Changes

• Thread starter DeletedUser104881
  • Start date
Yes, all guild members are in the guild threads. New members get added automatically. Outsiders can't be added.
Guild members can't leave the threads, and no one can kick them from the threads. All we can do is hide the conversations.

Last edited:

eee45

Private
New message center UI formating is not well thoutgh through (saying it politly!).
Problem: very hard to read for any semiactive thread. Good only for peoples who has no messages at all.

Specificly:
1. prominently displayed is
1.1. when looking at thread: icon that never changes and has no meaning AND unread count (that has alos no practical meaning)
1.2 when looking inside thread: post date (irelevant) and username (must be small under avatar, so you can see who posted it)

Actual use cases for threads are (and neither of those is fulfiled in new ui) (listed in no particular order):
1 : 1.9 thread
2: swap threads
3: trade thread
4: general chat

Actualy it would be good if game designers would have looked into the use cases, Because right now seeing you have implemented new buton "leave all threads"- it suspiciosly looks like game designers have implemented interface for their managers and testers to test the UI quickly and display mock data in nice way. It is not for users or actual data that is there. I cant NEVER imagine anyone using button "leave all threads". Maybe you can have inspiration from long established succesfull email UI or forums, and not to develop unique (not so clever) ideas. Maybe even for change look at this conventionaly designed forum, hmm?

To keep it short most important changes would be (in order of importance):
1. in bold display only thread name
2. move poster name, date in very small font somewhere out of the way, Definetly not above message. On forums it is usaly under avatar (like here).
(inclusion into message view of the date is beyound idiotism - the mesages are in date order. While users sometimes need to know when single specific message was done, in 99% perceent case it does not matter at all - newest one is on bottom. It definetly does not matter to see date prominently for all messages - except maybe if your testers are testing if your message system is delivering the messages. We users expect it to work (and therefore dont need the date)!
3. increase number of both posts AND threads per screen (now rediculosly low).
4. For thread view, print 3 lines from messsage, not just one (first one is usaly least relevant one)
5. Decrease huge margins around posts, now screen has only space for 3 short posts at best. It is imposible to see conversation without scroling.
6. Smaler pictures of buildings and goods. Maybe if post margins is smaller the size could be ok. But as it is right now: trade threads are unusable. Would probably see most 1.9 to switch into no building posting mode, too. Guess why some of the threads were using building posting before, the answer: it was NOT easy to find buildings if they are not posted. But now - when buildings take 3rd of message screen - hahhah, it is uneasy in both ways! Now having only text in messages is even marginaly better (just to clear misunderstanding - it is still much worse than previosly).
7. less prominent unread count (very important), and eiher make thread pictures relevant (such as displaying last poster) or lose them (best), or make them not to stand out. YES, in not testing environment all the pictures are the same - that of the thread (ok, except for private messages).

For reference: I am active across several worlds and i am talking from expierience.
Just in case: talking about PC interface - no idea about mobile - maybe everything is ok there.

Last edited:

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
BUG PC: When you sea or write any message, then in top it shows "time/date and your name", this is incorrect.

On mobile is correct and shows: "name and then time/date"

This on PC is very anoying.

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
GUILD tab need option to "auto add" all guild members to specific thread, or "not".
Now guild related messages need to stay on Social tab because there are guild related threads where you not want to add all your guild members.

So what is the purpose to have Guild tab, when we cant use it in proper way?

Agane, if Inno have staff who knows how bigger FOE guilds are working, why did so many mistakes in this new Message Center? I still think, that they not playing the game...you cant be good at your job, if you not know your product. With all that profit what they made from us, should have no problem to have top staff right?

- Ellie -

Sergeant
you can but very inconveniently it has to be in social that is what we have done and very inconvenient to keep swapping between two tabs

Yes, done that but like you say, inconvenient and just a silly mistake?

GUILD tab need option to "auto add" all guild members to specific thread, or "not".
Now guild related messages need to stay on Social tab because there are guild related threads where you not want to add all your guild members.

So what is the purpose to have Guild tab, when we cant use it in proper way?

Agane, if Inno have staff who knows how bigger FOE guilds are working, why did so many mistakes in this new Message Center? I still think, that they not playing the game...you cant be good at your job, if you not know your product. With all that profit what they made from us, should have no problem to have top staff right?

Exactly as mentioned, it's a farce with all due respect.

rjs66

Lieutenant
the 3 line "enter message" box is a pain too, 5 or 6 should be the minimum size at least
just try copy and paste a list which needs amending and scrolling through it, or writing a message of several lines and having it all scroll out of sight, makes proof reading anything before hitting send a real pain

The amount of characters you can write in the heading has been decreased.
Is that because there now has to be space for a silly time stamp in the heading?

the 3 line "enter message" box is a pain too, 5 or 6 should be the minimum size at least
just try copy and paste a list which needs amending and scrolling through it, or writing a message of several lines and having it all scroll out of sight, makes proof reading anything before hitting send a real pain
Needs an "expand message box" option, so you can view the whole message.

Green Sky

Private
Haven't checked all messages, so apologies if that has been said before: please revert back from full screen on mobile to part screen. Not only can't I see quickly now if a quest has been fulfilled with the centre open, the soft buttons on my phone also overlay the text field, making editing text ie in a 1.9 thread more of a pain than it was before.

I've noticed, that one of the most annoying issues with the old message center hasn't been fixed.
It's when you try to read back in a thread, while someone is having a chat in the thread, you get bumped back to the top, every time a new message is posted. Impossible to scroll back 10-20-50 messages, if the thread is active.
Fix that, please...

Last edited:

Anthony Quinn

Corporal
I don't like the new interface. Now when you post trades the actual post is so large you can only see 2 trade items and before you could see at least 4 or 5. That's only mentioning one thing lol. But I get the game needs to evolve and appreciate the effort and hard work they all put into it. FOE fan

I don't like the new interface. Now when you post trades the actual post is so large you can only see 2 trade items and before you could see at least 4 or 5. That's only mentioning one thing lol. But I get the game needs to evolve and appreciate the effort and hard work they all put into it. FOE fan
I can see 3 trades. But too big, yes, much too big. Same with the GB attachments.

PomPoms

Sergeant
Needs an "expand message box" option, so you can view the whole message.

Yes!

I've noticed, that one of the most annoying issues with the old message center hasn't been fixed.
It's when you try to read back in a thread, while someone is having a chat in the thread, you get bumped back to the top, every time a new message is posted. Impossible to scroll back 10-20-50 messages, if the thread is active.
Fix that, please...

And double Yes!
And when taking trades from a thread, it should remain where you are in that thread when you have taken the trade rather than travelling you back to the bottom. It's irritating.