• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

PvP Arena Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulf13

Private
There is still no answer as to how the global ranking points are now calculated, as there are no more fighting points awarded in GBG,GE & worldmap
so how does fighting now make sense with regards to world ranking????
Also the forum shows only negative feedback...so where is your overwhelming positive feedback coming from????

r21r

Major-General
well,you can see that I have arround 450%att/200%def in InA in beta server but I can asociate as a PMA player for the PMA unit's possession and their could reach only the 6-700 ranking....only the FE players or who have FE units at least can reach the x<500 ranking...
then i suppose it is a feature slightly centered for the higher era players, that we might have to feed them a bit so they feel positive, because if we all quit, then i suppose we will make them lose more units as they will have to fight each other...
I’m just under the 400 Ranking and I’m in TE :P
you have OF troops ! you count as OF city :P
There is still no answer as to how the global ranking points are now calculated, as there are no more fighting points awarded in GBG,GE & worldmap
so how does fighting now make sense with regards to world ranking????
Also the forum shows only negative feedback...so where is your overwhelming positive feedback coming from????
The Ranking Points still increase the same way - only the Winning Points window has been removed.

as for the feedback idk, can't answer, probably from the guys who supported this..

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
All SAAB and SAM players please place only 1 unit as defence and give low-age players a chance to win the Hard opponent.

1 real unit is OK.

1 Rogue is too fake.

Wulf13

Private
That is ridiculous...how can anyone know now the calculations?????
Why replace the victory points window with just "Victory"??? We know if we have won or lost!!!!!
Also in the PvP Towergame we could accumulate various eras at the same time, especially when you need the medals....
The ridiculous "prizes" don't make up for all the other downgrading changes.
I seriously consider leaving this game after 5 years....

Why replace the victory points window with just "Victory"??? We know if we have won or lost!!!!!
Also in the PvP Towergame we could accumulate various eras at the same time, especially when you need the medals....
The ridiculous "prizes" don't make up for all the other downgrading changes.
I seriously consider leaving this game after 5 years....

You are not alone - many need only a small nudge to be driven from the game after wasting away many years - and for what - nothing

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
All SAAB and SAM players please place only 1 unit as defence and give low-age players a chance to win the Hard opponent.

1 real unit is OK.

1 Rogue is too fake.

I said this because I encountered a player who placed 1 rogue as defence and I find it very interesting.

What a good angel that guy is, to spread the joy!

Now when I think about it, I have a good idea for a different kind of PvP based upon that encounter.

The idea is a little complicated and need to be broken down to the following steps:

1) A dedicated army of 1-8 units should be selected as the attacking army and cannot be changed afterwards;

2) That army when fighting in the PvP tower and win, gain experience, and at some point (experience threshold), level up;

3) The dedicated attacking army when leveled up have higher attack and defence becomes different from the ordinary army, it becomes the "hero army";

4) It might be wise to select only 1 unit as your attacking army because the experience from winning is attributed to that unit in a concentrated manner so that the unit levels up faster;

5) Now the lower-age hero army when leveled up high enough, will have a chance to win against defence army of way-higher ages;

6) The defence army will still be ordinary armies, because if the hero army is used as defence, we would be back into the loop where lower-age army has no chance against way-higher age armies.

We can call this RPG based PvP. It will be much more interesting. Players should hurry up and train their "hero army" or "hero unit" in the PvP tower. You may spend diamonds to train some super-heroes even, which will make the developers happy (and rich), too!

r21r

Major-General
if you have checked in the past what points you actual get with a particular Defence Army - win one again , go to your guild menu and you will see the same points being added..
the ranking points didn't changed , at least yet !
(Global ranking doesn't refresh instantly but your guild members list does)

Hans1968

Private
It's never ignored. Giving feedback does not mean you will get the result you want. That does not mean it is ignored. It means the person/company you give feedback to appreciates your feedback, but does not see it like you.

Giving feedback also does not mean that the more you repeat it the more you are right and are likely to be heard. It does not give more meaning or power to the feedback if you repeat it 100 times. It remains the same feedback.
if 29 pages here and about 100 pages of negative feedback doesn't tell enough then i don't know anymore, It is a poorly designed feature,, it is unfair, unbalanced and a real shame that it was put up, and then telling us they spend months thinking of this and after 8 weeks on beta it is still unfair, unbalanced and even the prices are rubbish.

r21r

Major-General
As for the unbalance for the match making, if they had a formula like ->
under 5.000cp max win/lose = 50/50cp
5000~6000cp max win/lose = 75~50/75~50cp (depending on also on your oppenent's cp)
6000~7000cp max win/lose = 100~50/100~50 etc

this way the higher era players will start going after higher era ones, chasing more points, and the lower point ones, won't be able to be in a worthy amount of CP's to be attacked by higher ones.
But as @TheKingOfKool said, maybe dividing the whole thing into leagues is inevitable

Also, if this Arena , would be a "Register" only and every 1m it would accept and randomize 10 Participants, i think this would give another perspective to this feature. But maybe for this to work, would need to be available ~2h a day, making it overcrowded

Been fighting (and beating) the same two 200p players for the last 25 battles or so, They are on top of the rank list and either of them pops up on top of the battle list all the time.
Rather easy for me to beat them, not losing many troops. Why would I harass a lower era player for 50 points. when I can get 200 points from winning a "hard" battle?

Last edited:

quelconque

Private
I don't understand why the old PvP Towers couldn't have been left alone to carry on as they were. After all, we have GvG Battlegrounds, but the Guild Expedition and the Guild Continent weren't removed. Just make the PvP Arena for the high-powered players who can take advantage of the paltry prize chests, and let the rest of us carry on in the towers. Just give a little more thought to an algorithm that will make the hoods more tightly focused so that the poor starters don't get plundered all the time.

Did I mention ---- This has got to be the worst, most boring feature yet -- Zero, Absolutely, Zero FUN

We get Zero feedback on how our defenses are doing when defending - except of course the 1st 5. No indication if the troops we have up are any good.
No indication of who is attacking us. NOTHING. I want to know ALL of the results from every attack against my army - whether I lose the points or not - give us a little fun.

Did I mention ----- Zero, Absolutely, Zero FUN

At least give us a "Replay" option of the last attack win or lose so we can have a little fun - Gee Whiz

Last edited:

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
OK so my Grand Idea (the "RPG PvP") got closed, and archived. -- It doesn't matter. I'll think of another Grand Idea.

In fact, I got it now. The new Grand Idea applies to not only PvP but also ALL aspects of the game as well, such as GBG.

And the idea is for the players and it is called "Accept Reality".

PVP is a part of the reality now. And the reality does not change according to people's subjective mind.

What you have to do, is "do with what you have". You deal with whatever hand of cards you are dealt with.

The PVP obviously is here to stay and won't be reverted, why? Because people (I have seen several) have built up the Saint Basil because of the feature, which they did not normally do.

That's all, about the new Grand Idea. It's shorter than the old Grand Idea and everybody likes my new idea (according to reliable other sources).

dorocill

Corporal
I’m in FE for the first time I got & won over a weak SAM army (no. 1-5 rank in my world) at lvl 1. This could mean someone is listening.

"Reliable Other Sources" --- That's a Laugh --- Sounds like CNN or MSNBC -- you can make sources like that say what ever you want to say --- It can't be proven --- It can't be unproven --- It can't be disputed..

I think I have it properly obscured

Try a battle like this one; The only enjoyment out of this battle was a good laugh. They keep coming up though - somebody thinks I'm a lot stronger than I was 5 seconds earlier - that's even more of a good laugh.

1599213535218.png

I'll need a year before I can attempt this one again (1st or 2nd) -- Attempted it - didn't even put more than a mere scratch on their defense-- needless to say I was wiped out

r21r

Major-General
I am at a lost to know how someone can amass such a high defense and still amass a high offense also.
i've seen a city in OF with 2k or 3k defence, and 1k attack...
100+ rituals 10~15 checkmates etc...
low fp production city, but makes wonders on battlegrounds
and probably at arena :P

Status
Not open for further replies.