• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

PvP Arena Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
On a positve note beat no2 in my World

Attachments

• E8D43BFB-0885-436F-BE0F-CE8D364D71F0.png
    E8D43BFB-0885-436F-BE0F-CE8D364D71F0.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 82

DeletedUser98483

The introduction of GvG with GvG battle points brought into the Towers was the start of less players doing PvP. This will kill PvP for good. This new idea is NOT PvP. No competitive edge...used to love the final hours as a chance to beat others in the hood to get to the Top of the Towers. If Inno really wanted PvP to work, keep battles to the 70-80 players in the hood, and count points in the Towers only for hood battles. Then have separate league tables for GvG battle points and GBG battle points in each Era. The rewards are not important as one gets to SAM/SAAB but with this new messy arena, those in lower Eras will never manage to get the medals they need for expansions. The most single thing Inno has done to change the game for the worse.

Ev4ma

Captain
The introduction of GvG with GvG battle points brought into the Towers was the start of less players doing PvP. This will kill PvP for good. This new idea is NOT PvP. No competitive edge...used to love the final hours as a chance to beat others in the hood to get to the Top of the Towers. If Inno really wanted PvP to work, keep battles to the 70-80 players in the hood, and count points in the Towers only for hood battles. Then have separate league tables for GvG battle points and GBG battle points in each Era. The rewards are not important as one gets to SAM/SAAB but with this new messy arena, those in lower Eras will never manage to get the medals they need for expansions. The most single thing Inno has done to change the game for the worse.
I AM IN FULL AGREE MENT

Deleted member 109369

We're going to be removing some posts that are off topic or personally insulting. I get people are not happy about this and you're welcome to vent - within the rules. More productive would be to start suggesting things that you would like to see improved or changes. While it is not in my power to make those improvements or changes, I will be making sure everything gets passed along .

r21r

Major-General
Guys as for the Towers, i just did my daily GvG, at least now people can't auto like crazy since there are no towers and the 2nd window is shorter so the "ok" option is a bit higher...
Ok must be a little bit annoying but at least it is not as abusive it was before, with people lining up 3~4 options "sector-view-fight-ok" and fighting like crazy lol.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
We're going to be removing some posts that are off topic or personally insulting. I get people are not happy about this and you're welcome to vent - within the rules. More productive would be to start suggesting things that you would like to see improved or changes. While it is not in my power to make those improvements or changes, I will be making sure everything gets passed along .

To make sure I follow the rules and don't get my post deleted....

1 My suggested change is to change it back to the old towers and abandon this nonsense.

2 Please pass along that people on the en server are just as annoyed as those on beta, and do not reflect the positive views of the mysterious "other source" (if it exists).

Deleted member 109369

To make sure I follow the rules and don't get my post deleted....

1 My suggested change is to change it back to the old towers and abandon this nonsense.

2 Please pass along that people on the en server are just as annoyed as those on beta, and do not reflect the positive views of the mysterious "other source" if it exists.

Thank you

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
The game is not completely killed - because there are a few players like myself who do not care in the least about PvP - joined this game to immerse in the City building idea - and that (so far as I can tell) has not been damaged yet.
well lucky you, for 8 years the pvp towers have been a feature in the game and at the start of the game they were the only rewards on offer, to be the champion in the pvp tower was an honour and a great attchivement for fighters, to beat all the other players in your hood in the pvp was a great way to end the week, what a buzz it used to give players, you could see them posting up there excitement at even coming 2nd or 3rd, what has gone so badly wrong that this simple feature has had to be removed ? greed i guess, players just want huge prizes, instead of boasting there rank in the pvp they now boast about how many diamonds they won or whatever, they should now rename this game BINGO, not forge or empires and there is certainly no skill left anymore as the brain dead just want to click away at getting goodies. well its a sad day today to see the pvp go, after all these years, i wonder who remembers winning there first ever bronze era tower ?

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
I still remember the 1st nasty gram you sent for being plundered - LOL - and then the harassment afterwards
i first remembered how big you thought you were and i guess you still do think highly of yourself, if i remember right you ran off to report to the mods lol i think i called you chicken for that, still good to see you are still playing the game to your high standards. anyway this is off topic but you know that

well lucky you, for 8 years the pvp towers have been a feature in the game and at the start of the game they were the only rewards on offer, to be the champion in the pvp tower was an honour and a great attchivement for fighters, to beat all the other players in your hood in the pvp was a great way to end the week, what a buzz it used to give players, you could see them posting up there excitement at even coming 2nd or 3rd, what has gone so badly wrong that this simple feature has had to be removed ? greed i guess, players just want huge prizes, instead of boasting there rank in the pvp they now boast about how many diamonds they won or whatever, they should now rename this game BINGO, not forge or empires and there is certainly no skill left anymore as the brain dead just want to click away at getting goodies. well its a sad day today to see the pvp go, after all these years, i wonder who remembers winning there first ever bronze era tower ?
Yes, we want prizes, rewards, goodies. Not because we're greedy, but because they help us progress in the game. PvP rank can mostly be used to boast and show off and make you feel better than other players. Well, some players find value in that, I guess.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Unfortunately - or not - there are thousand, tens of thousand of games that have various forms of player vs player fighting. Not that many games that are involved in creating and building - and FoE (forging into each new era), provides a relatively decent building experience, designed to be done over a lengthy amount of time. Could this part of the game be improved? Sure, but it is relatively good the way it is. The PvP is really a side effect, which far too many people turn into a primary part of the game (again duplicated similar to thousands and thousand of other games) - so if a portion of the PvP dies off, that is no real loss, as all those players will be able to find something else relatively similar in probably dozens or hundreds of other games.
The only real part of this game I would remove, if possible, are the diamond farms, as that alone has zero skill, just time, and makes players more powerful for no reason, other than their life revolves around a monitor.
You may not like it, and that is okay - but there are a number (and neither you nor I have any real idea how many) of people who play this game to relax and enjoy the building part of the game, not the PvP. Please do not try to say what %age of players are PvP - because unless some developer within the game actually releases the stats, you really have no idea - you only know from the handful of individuals that say something, you cannot know anything from the majority of silent players.

LA - Free UA

Sergeant

not in any way having a go at you or any mod but plenty of idea's have been thrown about in the beta forum and ALL to no avail all we got in 89 pages of feedback was this and I quote

This is not new information, the forum feedback is not consistent with the other feedback we are receiving.

I continue to feedback all of your comments and suggestions for improvements. This feature is still being tested.

so do please tell us what if ANY feedback the developers ARE willing to look at

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
Unfortunately - or not - there are thousand, tens of thousand of games that have various forms of player vs player fighting. Not that many games that are involved in creating and building - and FoE (forging into each new era), provides a relatively decent building experience, designed to be done over a lengthy amount of time. Could this part of the game be improved? Sure, but it is relatively good the way it is. The PvP is really a side effect, which far too many people turn into a primary part of the game (again duplicated similar to thousands and thousand of other games) - so if a portion of the PvP dies off, that is no real loss, as all those players will be able to find something else relatively similar in probably dozens or hundreds of other games.
The only real part of this game I would remove, if possible, are the diamond farms, as that alone has zero skill, just time, and makes players more powerful for no reason, other than their life revolves around a monitor.
You may not like it, and that is okay - but there are a number (and neither you nor I have any real idea how many) of people who play this game to relax and enjoy the building part of the game, not the PvP. Please do not try to say what %age of players are PvP - because unless some developer within the game actually releases the stats, you really have no idea - you only know from the handful of individuals that say something, you cannot know anything from the majority of silent players.
its been the old battle of pvp or fighters v farmers, farmers love the boring side of the game while the fighters love the thrill of the game and i take your point this game has catered for both sets of players, but now its tipped more for the bingo players who just want to win prizes, i guess they have taken a gamble as maybe after 8 years the game is coming to an end which all games do, this might be there last throw of the dice to make some big bucks fast with this new game and gbg giving out so much, i am sure games like sim city you could of tried as there is no war side to that and you could of enjoyed peaceful city building as i dont care at all about the city building like most fighters we only want space to build more att / def boosts but like i said the game tried to cater for both sets of players

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
I did nothing accept fight back - you couldn't handle it very well - and it's obvious you still can't
i hope the mods can read your post and see it as baiting as the only thing that is clear is you keep showing up saying the same thing over and over which has nothing to do with the topic lol somthing must be eating you up : )

Deleted member 109369

not in any way having a go at you or any mod but plenty of idea's have been thrown about in the beta forum and ALL to no avail all we got in 89 pages of feedback was this and I quote

This is not new information, the forum feedback is not consistent with the other feedback we are receiving.

I continue to feedback all of your comments and suggestions for improvements. This feature is still being tested.

so do please tell us what if ANY feedback the developers ARE willing to look at

I can't tell you that. It is our job to give the feedback. What the developers decide to do with is up to them. Feedback is one piece of what they use when they decide on features, items or other things to keep or not keep or to change. All we can do is keep providing the feedback from the players point of view. part of why it is now running on EN and not the other servers is this is a larger community than the beta community so there is an opportunity for not only broader feedback, but the ability to gather data from a larger group of participants.

r21r

Major-General
I can't tell you that. It is our job to give the feedback. What the developers decide to do with is up to them. Feedback is one piece of what they use when they decide on features, items or other things to keep or not keep or to change. All we can do is keep providing the feedback from the players point of view. part of why it is now running on EN and not the other servers is this is a larger community than the beta community so there is an opportunity for not only broader feedback, but the ability to gather data from a larger group of participants.
Yes but since we are kind of doing the "BETA's" work, shouldn't some rewards or easier access to new Features - like today we got medals - be given to EN server aswell ?
Ok - Diamonds could be a dream, but why not easier access to new features for 1 week or month ?

With all my goodwill and kindship :)

its been the old battle of pvp or fighters v farmers, farmers love the boring side of the game while the fighters love the thrill of the game and i take your point this game has catered for both sets of players, but now its tipped more for the bingo players who just want to win prizes, i guess they have taken a gamble as maybe after 8 years the game is coming to an end which all games do, this might be there last throw of the dice to make some big bucks fast with this new game and gbg giving out so much, i am sure games like sim city you could of tried as there is no war side to that and you could of enjoyed peaceful city building as i dont care at all about the city building like most fighters we only want space to build more att / def boosts but like i said the game tried to cater for both sets of players
I love fighting. And I love building. And I love strategy. In this amazing game I can get it all. But I don't fight to get on top of a ranking list. Only if it can make me win some rewards, that will help me progress in the game. I don't attack neighbors for points, I do it to plunder a few resources that will help me grow. I find GvG boring, because it has turned into a points farm (with no rewards).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.