• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Perhaps not a New Idea on Blue Prints

Do you support this idea

• Yes

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • No

Votes: 9 39.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandolyn

Private
Proposal:
In my opinion, there are some Buildings that have an expiry time frame and their Blueprints (Bp’s) are obtained through Guild Expeditions, incidents & aiding Guildies with their GB’s and, thus, tend to build up in the Great Building (GB) Inventory. Selling these excess BP’s of Great Buildings (GB’s) that a player will not be building or has sold due to it no longer being needed e.g. the Colosseum or of those GB’s that a player has taken to the maximum level, that they will take it to and have no desire to level it any higher, as it has no longer become lucrative to do so.

Reason:
I think this would bring another dimension to the game that will allow players to exchange something that they deem useless and acquire items that would be a little more useful in their cities.

Details:
Sell the BP’s at the Antiques Dealer (AD) for a few coins. With looking at the ‘Self-Aids Kits’ going for 140 Trade coins and the ‘Mass Self-Aid Kits’ going for 1220coins plus the possibility of 0 – 1 gemstone, perhaps a similar graded system could be worked out for the BP’s, however, not exceeding more than 1 or 2 gemstones, but offer more coins the more valuable the BP is deemed.

Visual Aids:
BP's.jpg

Balance:
The only impact it should have on the game is making the BP’s sellable at the AD and linking the GB inventory with the AD, as with the other inventory items, they diminish in number and the trader coins and gemstones (should any be exchanged), increase with the transaction.

Abuse Prevention:
There should not be any abuse this way, as it will not allow for augmented play, since the BP’s will be sold at the AD and not to other players.

Summary:
On being able to sell BP’s for trader coins, it would give a player the sense that the seemingly useless BP’s are useful after all, in that they now can obtain articles of value for their cities.

Here I’d like to depict the number of Arc BP’s as an example. In my one world I have enough prints to build an Arc to level 800+, because of the 1.9 system and helping Guildies obtaining their goals. I will never build the Arc to that level because I’d get bored at some stage and would abandon the levelling thereof. It would be more useful to me to sell those and use the coin to buy sought after articles at the Antiques Dealer off the shelf or through auctions, that will enhance my city to my style of playing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shad23

Emperor
or add an other area in AD where you can sell BP's for a new coin that can only be used to buy a BP you need that would be on shelf in that area and like in normal AD there is only a limited amount of BP's available so can't realy be abused

Last edited:

legend9182

Major-General
or add an other area in AD where you can sell BP's for a new coin that can only be used to buy a BP you need that would be on shelf in that area and like in normal AD there is only a limited amount of BP's available so can't realy be abused
It could be nice deal for new players
+ for new gbs

Epic Builder x1000

Second Lieutenant
Honestly, there really is no point in doing so. You're not getting much out of it, wasting your time and in the end, it's just a poor investment, unless, the trade price is fairly high (which is highly abusive)...

Mandolyn

Private
Thanks for all the links but no thank you, I don't need any more. Some of those I have found and read, before I posted. None that I read, mentioned selling them to the Antiques Dealer. Hence, my caption states 'Perhaps not a New Idea on Blue Prints'...I didn't think selling them was a new idea.
The whole idea is for the blue prints to be of some 'use' instead of them sitting in an inventory gathering dust, once a player has no need for them and, therefore, selling them at the Antiques Dealer converting them into some form of use.

When I originally posted the idea, the thought was to sell them at the Antiques Dealer and not to individual players at the market or otherwise, as per the provided links, to prevent abuse or augmented play.

Ati2

Legend
RFP lets you get blueprints for pretty much any GB. (Except for the no-age GBs, but you can get those from elsewhere.) You don't even have to sell anything to get them, only aid your friends, neighbors, or guildmates. If you build that, and level it enough, then other than prints for brand new GBs, you'll never have blueprint problems ever again. And to get prints for brand new GBs, all you need is a couple thousand FPs.

And, of course, you can get a million more prints by helping out your fellow players: in a guild 1.9 thread or inter-guild 1.9 threads.

The only time blueprints are a problem, is at the beginning of the game, but that's also when you don't yet have access to AD. By the time you can access AD, you should either have all the prints you'll ever need, or the system in place for you to get all the prints within a couple of months.

Mandolyn

Private
The idea for selling blueprints at the AD, not buying them, is to turn unwanted prints into something a little more useful. Seriously, to what level will I take my GB's:? ...definitely no higher than 200 -300 or the like because it is then no longer lucrative to do so. I'd rather sell the excess BP's and turn get something a little more useful.:)

Ati2

Legend
The idea for selling blueprints at the AD, not buying them, is to turn unwanted prints into something a little more useful. Seriously, to what level will I take my GB's:? ...definitely no higher than 200 -300 or the like because it is then no longer lucrative to do so. I'd rather sell the excess BP's and turn get something a little more useful.:)
While I would love this, since I have millions of extra blueprints that I'll never use, I'm against it, as once again, this would give a huge advantage to people who have been playing for a long time.

Mandolyn

Private
Maybe I don't understand the advantage a long term player would have, in selling the blueprints at the AD for a few trader coins. To me, it's like selling unwanted stuff in your inventory, so how does that give anyone an advantage in game-play?

Epic Builder x1000

Second Lieutenant
Maybe I don't understand the advantage a long term player would have, in selling the blueprints at the AD for a few trader coins. To me, it's like selling unwanted stuff in your inventory, so how does that give anyone an advantage in game-play?

First, how much is a few trade coins?
Second, they would have thousands of excess BP's

Ati2

Legend
A new player can sell five prints, a long-time player can sell a million.

I already think they (we) have a huge advantage just by selling all the accumulated stuff. If there's ever anything I want to buy in the auction, I win that auction. The price doesn't matter at all.

Mandolyn

Private
Logic has it that the more advanced a person is in game-play, the more advantages you have over someone starting out in game-play in all areas of the game and not just the stuff sellable at the AD, so IMHO, it negates the 'huge advantage' as it is a game-play process, the higher you go up in the game. I still fail to see how selling prints at the AD can augment game-play or give a player unprecedented advantage.

r21r

Major-General
I still fail to see how selling prints at the AD can augment game-play or give a player unprecedented advantage.
Well , if you could sell 1 Blueprint/per item-sell slot, then it's not abusive at all, as Test Ament said , 50 Coins x5 Blueprints = 250 Coins... Not abusive at all !
Other than that, you can already buy prints on the Dealer - i don't think you can buy Relics Temple prints - just 5 random of your Era ! (?)
So i think your Idea has a point, as people end up with way more prints than they need but still the proposal you gave, (the solution) is not the best as, ok, if you sell 5-5 prints with 50 or even 500 price, it will take eternity and the prints in your inventory will still be increasing..
if this helped ^^

Ati2

Legend
Logic has it that the more advanced a person is in game-play, the more advantages you have over someone starting out in game-play in all areas of the game

Unfortunately, this logic leads to very few new players in the long run, because why would anyone start a game if they can never achieve any meaningful ranking?

Status
Not open for further replies.