• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Military Questions

DeletedUser

I tried to look through FAQ's but I couldn't seem to find the answer. What I am looking for, is what is defense, what is attack means, movement, range, speed. How do you calculate on the map what is the last block it will travel, or the closes block where you can use your archer, without coming too close, etc....

DeletedUser

I think I figured out one issue, how to place the units a block away from the enemy, without getting attacked on their turn, is if you place your mouse over the enemy, the blocks around will be highlighted as to how far he can move. Correct?

DeletedUser

I think I figured out one issue, how to place the units a block away from the enemy, without getting attacked on their turn, is if you place your mouse over the enemy, the blocks around will be highlighted as to how far he can move. Correct?
This is correct.

- Attack and Defense don't really give you very much information on what the actual numbers say though, I think.. Just that high Attack and high Defense is good lol.

- Range: This only applies to Ranged units. The number that is shown is how many blocks far that unit can shoot. Note, this can also be diagonal, not just straight forward.
So an Archer with Range 6 can shoot up to 6 blocks far. This is counting from the first block in front of it (depending which direction you shoot).
It can shoot 6 blocks straight, or 5 blocks straight and 1 diagonal, 4 blocks straight and 2 diagonal, etc.

- Movement: This is how many blocks a unit can walk. Swamp, Hills and Rocks need extra movement points, so they will make your unit move less far if you have to cross these. Normal Grassland uses 2 movement points.

- Speed: I believe the units initial turn set up is determined in this order: Cavalry, Light Infantry, Short Ranged, Heavy Infantry, Long Ranged.

Hope that helps. :)

- L

DeletedUser

Regarding Attack/Defense, this is as much as I will reveal on that topic:

- If attack (of the attacking unit) and defense (of the defending unit) are equal, the attacker will deal around 5 damage.
- If attack is 10 times greater, the attacker may score "instant kills" (10 damage).
- If defense is 10 times greater than attack, the unit doesn't take any damage.

All cases in between are, well, in between those extremes.
One final note: If your unit get's an attack bonus from terrain but the damage range doesn't increase, it will still have a higher average within that range.

Everything else is for you to figure out from experience. :)

Initiative is actually based on Movement (highest move first) but I think the order given is still correct.

Regards,

Anwar

DeletedUser2511

This is correct.

- Attack and Defense don't really give you very much information on what the actual numbers say though, I think.. Just that high Attack and high Defense is good lol.

- Range: This only applies to Ranged units. The number that is shown is how many blocks far that unit can shoot. Note, this can also be diagonal, not just straight forward.
So an Archer with Range 6 can shoot up to 6 blocks far. This is counting from the first block in front of it (depending which direction you shoot).
It can shoot 6 blocks straight, or 5 blocks straight and 1 diagonal, 4 blocks straight and 2 diagonal, etc.

- Movement: This is how many blocks a unit can walk. Swamp, Hills and Rocks need extra movement points, so they will make your unit move less far if you have to cross these. Normal Grassland uses 2 movement points.

- Speed: I believe the units initial turn set up is determined in this order: Cavalry, Light Infantry, Short Ranged, Heavy Infantry, Long Ranged.

- L

Hi Lodrot,

On Continent Map / Sector Options / Grey gadget with the info about:
Unit Bonus "vs. 10 range", not all are the same any way, what this mean, please?

Thanks & Cheers

DeletedUser

Hey ViPirate,
I'm not sure if I understand you, did you mean this?

f2j0co.png

If so: Every unit has it's own specific bonus VS another unit. The higher Age a unit a is, the bigger the bonus becomes.

- L

DeletedUser2511

Yes main. But this make me more questions, sorry about.

like you see is not our units, is it? so...could be: ourUnit vs MapUnit+the 'short range' ?
...are wining that bonus with the advance on maps?

Cheers
ViPirate

DeletedUser

These are the units that are in the game: Cavalry, Light Infantry, Short Ranged, Heavy Infantry, Long Ranged.
All of these units have a specific 'enemy' to which they do more damage and have higher defense against.

Cavalry has extra damage and defense VS Short Ranged
Light Infantry has extra damage and defense VS Cavalry
Short Ranged has extra damage and defense VS Heavy Infantry
Heavy Infantry has extra damage and defense VS Light Infantry
Long Ranged has extra damage and defense VS Heavy Infantry

You can get even further stat boosts depending on certain areas on the map:
Rocks give an attack boost to Short Ranged.
Hills give an attack boost to Long Ranged
Grass gives an DEFENSE boost to Heavy Infantry
Forest/Bush give a DEFENSE boost to Light Infantry

Take a look at this chart, it might help too: Click me

- L

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2511

Oh.....
Very good in did, I was looking for this since Iron age, thanks.

And now I understood, fighting different units we get different bonus in our ones, but they shouldn't get bonus to make this a bit more easy. alright, thanks for your time Lodroth

Cheers

DeletedUser653

- If attack (of the attacking unit) and defense (of the defending unit) are equal, the attacker will deal around 5 damage.
- If attack is 10 times greater, the attacker may score "instant kills" (10 damage).

One final note: If your unit get's an attack bonus from terrain but the damage range doesn't increase, it will still have a higher average within that range.

Everything else is for you to figure out from experience. :)

Initiative is actually based on Movement (highest move first) but I think the order given is still correct.

Regards,

Anwar

Anwar, many thanks for that, we have had plenty of debates but none lead to your notes, so many thanks - Mark

DeletedUser

Grass gives an attack boost to Heavy Infantry

Have to correct you there Lodroth. Grasslands give a DEFENSE boost to Heavy Infantry (I believe that was changed in the last update). ;)

Cheers,
Bloodwyn

DeletedUser6965

[...]
Regards,

Anwar

Hi Anwar, this is not true. If I understood u right: A unit with 10 more attack than defence of the other unit, kills this lower unit with one hit? Right?

If this should be the case, the whole damage in battle is bugged!

-A grenadier (attack 28) is not able to kill a stone thrower (def 2) -> damage "9-9".
-A archer deals mostly 1damage to a grenadier, but archer (attack 11 + 4bonus) and grenadier (40 + 10 Terrain)!! The archer can't make any damage, if u were right, anwar.

DeletedUser1094

Not 10 more attack points... but 10 times as many attack points.

DeletedUser

Hi Anwar, this is not true. If I understood u right: A unit with 10 more attack than defence of the other unit, kills this lower unit with one hit? Right?

If this should be the case, the whole damage in battle is bugged!

-A grenadier (attack 28) is not able to kill a stone thrower (def 2) -> damage "9-9".
-A archer deals mostly 1damage to a grenadier, but archer (attack 11 + 4bonus) and grenadier (40 + 10 Terrain)!! The archer can't make any damage, if u were right, anwar.

As King Dael said, and I said in the other thread where you respond to this exact quote too.. it's 10 times, not 10 more.
An archer will always deal 0-1 damage to a Grenadier, because it takes 110 defense to take absolutely 0 damage from an Archer.

Keep in mind that damage output has a range and as Anwar said, this range doesn't necessarily have to be increased by a Field Bonus. The bonus can also simply increase the avarage within the displayed range.

- L

DeletedUser6965

As King Dael said, and I said in the other thread where you respond to this exact quote too.. it's 10 times, not 10 more.
An archer will always deal 0-1 damage to a Grenadier, because it takes 110 defense to take absolutely 0 damage from an Archer.

Keep in mind that damage output has a range and as Anwar said, this range doesn't necessarily have to be increased by a Field Bonus. The bonus can also simply increase the avarage within the displayed range.

- L

Uh, sry thanks for marking this.
BUT then it's not less rubbish than before (correct use of then/than??).

Because it's like u say "It's 1000000 times the attack power compared to defense" that would be right, but senseless.

A spearfighter(att7) is not able to deal damage to a grenadier(def40), that's not 10times greater.
So "10" is not the right number...

(anyone can close this or my other thread, because of double posting?)

DeletedUser

It is correct, if I understand it right.
A Spearfigher will do 0-1 damage vs a Grenadier, with a very low avarage of it being 1 damage, ergo, resulting into 0 damage most of the time.
But there should be a chance for it to deal 1 damage (however minimum that chance is).

- L

DeletedUser6965

It is correct, if I understand it right.
A Spearfigher will do 0-1 damage vs a Grenadier, with a very low avarage of it being 1 damage, ergo, resulting into 0 damage most of the time.
But there should be a chance for it to deal 1 damage (however minimum that chance is).

- L

so u want to say, if there is written "0-1"damage, then it's not a 50:50chance?? hm, that would be against all my experiences and i don't think that's right...

btw. archers have "0-2" damage and deals therefore mostly 1 damage to grenadier. (here it's not 33,3% for each, but 50%for 1 and 25% for 0 or 2 damage)
Soon I will attack with spearfighters a grenadier and test, if theres written "0-1" oder "0-0" ...

DeletedUser

That's right, there's not an equal chance for each variable of damage in the damage range.
ie: 0-2 ≠ 33% for 0, 33% for 1 and 33% 2. It's probably something like 60% for 0, 35% for 1, 5% for 2. (purely speculating + depending on what you face)
Standing on a Field Bonus, this might shift the % up a bit, if I understand Anwar's response.

- L