• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Inequality in Guild Battlegrounds

pharl

Corporal
The more inactive members you have, the more it drags you down.

That's a different discussion regarding inactive vs active guild members. Focus here is on the inequalities that exist within GBG due to large guilds dominating GBG through member numbers as compared to smaller guilds who are matched up in the same arena.

The title of this thread says it all - so - kids - you know what time it is? - it's time for Our Sing-A-Long Song.

I have a song for that: I will sing it for me & you (follow the bouncing little wee wee piggy):

GE is getting harder & harder.
Oh woes wits me, oh woes wits me - How will I go on? How will I live? - Oh woes wits me, oh woes wits me.

My Guild has been unfairly matched in GbG.
Oh woes wits me, oh woes wits me - How will I go on? How will I live? - Oh woes wits me, oh woes wits me.

My city has been plundered.

The day is getting longer & life is sooo much harder.

Are we home yet? Cries the little piggy as he asks

Powe

Brigadier-General
That's a different discussion regarding inactive vs active guild members. Focus here is on the inequalities that exist within GBG due to large guilds dominating GBG through member numbers as compared to smaller guilds who are matched up in the same arena.
So you're just going to ignore the gaping flaw in your plan.

DeletedUser100647

In Houndsmoor a few guilds in the diamond league have started to agree 1st to 3rd slot and are swapping centre sectors with no dropping of SCs. This means they get super low attrition and make it impossible for other guilds to fight from the outer rim.
I believe to keep the game fun all SCs must be dropped by the system when a sector is captured, this means that other guilds will have a fair playing field. Guilds swapping sectors with full SCs like this to rig the match would be counted as cheating in real life. Basically the same poison that ruined GvG has now been brought to diamond league in GbG

pharl

Corporal
So Kool and Powe, once again you come to criticise but don't offer anything up as a good idea. Explain the gaping flaw. Now I know the suggestion isn't perfect, but I"m happy to take your ideas if you have some.

Barnius, what you describe is the situation pharl is pointing too, if it has started in H world it will be "normal" soon. Good post, better than making up childish songs.

Yes - Childish songs for the little children - and their sibling babies - if you or your guild were ACTUALLY strong enough to be in the diamond league - And Stay There - you would not be crying about it. -

How about you ask the strong guild if you can join them? Or - Maybe - recruit some power hitters - what do you think - diamond league or any league for that matter - should be a handout.

Like I said - only the little children & the babies want a trophy for Losing - Your Teachers have messed you up to deal with Anything - forget about the misfortunes of playing this game.

So Kool and Powe, once again you come to criticise but don't offer anything up as a good idea. Explain the gaping flaw. Now I know the suggestion isn't perfect, but I"m happy to take your ideas if you have some.

Here's a suggestion - Join a strong Guild - you too can have all the good stuff - You come here and whine - do what needs to be done - Get stronger - Recruit Stronger - or Go Join Stronger -

Does that spell it out for you so that you can now grasp it?

The Fact is this - If INNO dropped Every Building in GbG - it would not help you or your guild - Why - Pray tell - would you think that it would - You & your guild would STILL be as weak as you are right now - That might hurt - but it's the truth - you need to be able to understand that - if you are as adult as you think you are

pharl

Corporal
The Fact is this - If INNO dropped Every Building in GbG - it would not help you or your guild - Why - Pray tell - would you think that it would - You & your guild would STILL be as weak as you are right now - That might hurt - but it's the truth - you need to be able to understand that - if you are as adult as you think you are
I haven't said anything about dropping buildings. Not sure where you got that from. Anyway, I like the way you keep trying, but your inferiority complex is fully justified.

I haven't said anything about dropping buildings. Not sure where you got that from. Anyway, I like the way you keep trying, but your inferiority complex is fully justified.

I know what you are asking for - but the fact remains - no matter how they change GbG - whether they drop bldgs. when a sector is taken - whether it's specific bldgs.

Last edited by a moderator:

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
and what would be your solution to this problem ?
those 2 teams get removed from GBG because they outsmart all other
i love how you think that is called out smarting others ? if everyone knows about it how can it be out smarting ? its not like its rocket science, but it will not work unless you have the players in the guilds who spend enough time to make it happen, hence the big guilds have the edge and i know a few guilds who do this practice, but then they also take sectors in gvg and fill them up and release them each day to retake them again, which is what you call smart but others call cheating, but you always come down and the side of this kind of game play, the idea you can fight on your own and try to win seems unreal to you, or for that matter a guild proving there champs not by using another guild but by doing so on there own, which is the whole idea of the game to win and be the best guild out there, so you call it smart while the rest of us just know these guilds who do it do so as they know they can not win any other way. fair competion doesnt seem to count

Powe

Brigadier-General
The gaping flaw has been explained enough. If your guild can't handle this, drop to a lower league or make alliances with another guild.

pharl

Corporal
Please keep this thread on topic and refrain from insulting one another, otherwise I will need to lock the thread.

Noted.

So back to the original post. (Shot down terribly and I'm not surprised they haven't returned to the discussion). There are a few problems with the current GBG game in terms of smaller guilds being squeezed out and unable to battle. There have been a couple of suggestions in the above discussion and it would be great if more experienced players had a say or gave some thought to this. First of all there has to be a recognition that there is a problem, but that's difficult without taking a subjective view. An objective view should be taken in order to understand the viewpoint of smaller guilds. I like the suggestion regarding a formula that includes guild size - might be worth looking at. I"ve suggested something around guild size as well. Not perfect I know, but if would be good if others had any thoughts/positive ideas that they could put them in here.

There can be Only one solution to this - If you want a place to play in for just smaller guilds - it's this

A sand box just for the kiddie (small guilds), a somewhat large pool for the pre-teens, an even deeper pool for the teens and finally the level we have now for the Big boys & girls to play in - sounds reasonable - But -

All prizes Must be reduced - there should not be equal prizes for an area designed just for smaller guild - that would make No sense.

In other words: There is desired Levels of GbG - such that prizes are rated as they are in GE.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
how about setting a limit on the amount of fights a guild can have ? a bit like there planning to do with this new pvp idea ? or getting rid of sc ? as the sc are a great gift for players like myself who can do lots of fights over as many sectors as i can and i earn huge fps etc for the effort but not everyone can do that. so may be if they got rid of sc it certainly would stop me from playing 1000s of fights and bring me down to a more relisitic level of just 60 - 70 a day ? maybe that wold bring about more balence ? of course you will have the guys who are greedy moaning its unfair because of there losses they make but at least it would bring us down to a level the other players can live with and make a fair fight of it ?