• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content [Feedback] Guild Expedition Changes

Forwandert

Major-General
Speaking as a "noob", I'd be happy to get through to level 2 of a guild expedition! Indeed if things get any harder I might just unpack my dominoes and say goodbye to FoE.

If you keep playing and building up attack boosts/Def for attack boosts after a while the hardest decision in GE will be how many medals you want to spend on the extra attempts without waiting for them to appear.

It's not an overnight success game though, the longer you play the easier things get throughout the game as your goals change. (and they will change quite a lot)

DeletedUser

I really want to do GE :( but the Guild T is empty so only level 3 unlocked

I just looked at your city of Korch...OF - L13 Arc L20 Zeus L12 Traz L9 ToR, lots and lots of houses, production buildings, decorations...No one should ever ask you for advice on anything game related. I have Iron Age members that can easily destroy you on auto. I consider your city a complete and utter loss. Have you ever made it to L2 in GE? No need to answer, we already know.

You funny - try using your GPS - you got lost looking for power in the wrong places - most of us have far more than you'll ever accomplish in this game - Why? Because we actually play the game - deal with the changes - and over come them.

You - on the other hand - come here to b,b,b - whine, whine, whine - and blame others for your inability to grasp the game.

And now it's time for our Sing-A-Long - feel free to hum it although I think you know the words by heart - lol

I have a song for that: I will sing it for me & you (follow the bouncing little wee wee piggy):

GE is getting harder & harder.
Oh woes wits me, oh woes wits me - How will I go on? How will I live? - Oh woes wits me, oh woes wits me.

My Guild has been unfairly matched in GbG.
Oh woes wits me, oh woes wits me - How will I go on? How will I live? - Oh woes wits me, oh woes wits me.

My city has been plundered.

The day is getting longer & life is sooo much harder.

Are we home yet? Cries the little piggy as he asks

I'm loving this so far.

Since release I've had 3 fountain of youth shrink kits on my diamond farm.

The lack of WW and WW shrinks in recent events is no longer a problem, can just fill everything with FoY instead 8-)

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Speaking as a "noob", I'd be happy to get through to level 2 of a guild expedition! Indeed if things get any harder I might just unpack my dominoes and say goodbye to FoE.
You simply need to be patient and build up your city's power - whether you choose to fight, negotiate, or hybridise, it simply takes time to build your various boosts.

But really, just look at getting the following foundation down as quickly as you can:
1. Zeus + CoA + CdM
- this is your military basics. Other boosts, such as Sentinel Towers and atk boosting buildings will drip down over time as you play through the 8-9 main events/year.

2. Chateaux Frontenac
- the single most underrated GB in the entire game! This building makes you self sufficient in not only goods, but also coins/supplies and will also become a secondary fp generator to boot.
Oh, and the occasional diamond boost too, because what self-respecting girl doesn't want a heap of extra shinies?!;)

3. Arc
- work on this in stages, as it's typically a 7/8+ month project to get it to Lv80.
The initial 20 levels or so can be painful, especially for an early era city to manage, but once you hit Lv31, it will level at light speed through Lv60/61 if you find your a good guild with a 1.9 leveling thread.
Once it eventually hits Lv80, the entire dynamic of the game changes as you can print fps + medals at will.

Remember: this game is a long haul marathon, not a sprint!
You'll get there eventually, but event getting these few basics down & leveled up to Lv10 each is a massive game-altering boost... and from there, the higher you take even just CF + Arc, the more the game opens up.

While searching for a new Guild to join I have encountered so many "one-man" and few member Guilds which don't actually do anything. That said, I have also seen small Guilds who are romping away, because each member is a dedicated, experienced and serious player.
Just search through the top 25-30 guilds in your world, as those will be the most active.
Typically, there's always at least 2-3 of those top guilds who will happily take on new/early era players, and are full of active members who will provide you with plenty of help, such as 'free' goods to build advanced GB's, 1.9 leveling threads, etc...

DeletedUser

All good advice for new players, but may I make an observation? And this is directed at ALL experienced players. Please do not use abbreviations when aiming at new players. We don't know what you're talking about!

So, where you say "CoA", I shall now do some research and deduce you mean "Cathedral of Aachen" ?
yes

DeletedUser

Overall it was nice to see some changes to buildings that are slowly becoming redundant because of all of the newer buildings and content that is coming out. Personally speaking…

* I feel Inno missed the mark deciding to keep any FP rewards 10 and under to make newer players want to give the rest of the content a try and it’s downright silly when you consider you can get 2 fp off of a 24 hour production with a good portion of the buildings that are 2x2 now. Give players more of an incentive to navigate further if it isn’t required to them of their guild

* I would have loved to have seen a Terrace Farm shrink kit vs upgrading what it gave and would have loved to have seen actual stats for the building instead of what was posted

Otherwise the rest is pretty much good for the antiques dealer only when you factor in that most special event and cultural settlement buildings are better than what is given for the era and because the game is so dependent on players having high level and certain great buildings (Innovation Tower, Arc, CDM, Star Gazer, Terracotta Army etc.) and land being hard to come by (well at least for those players who era sit and get everything easily through their friends and/or guild) there isn’t a whole lot of incentive to build a lot of these buildings anymore.

Personally I thought increasing the difficulty equalized things out when you factor in how quickly people can level their attack buildings and the buffs a lot of the special buildings give now to attack power. So for someone who already knows how to fight both manually (as I was playing the game before rogues came out) and with the auto button it isn’t much of a challenge now that there is a negotiating feature and coupled with the free extra 4th turn and there really isn’t much of a challenge there for me.

Mandelynn

Corporal
While searching for a new Guild to join I have encountered so many "one-man" and few member Guilds which don't actually do anything. That said, I have also seen small Guilds who are romping away, because each member is a dedicated, experienced and serious player.

Keep in mind you need 3 or more players to be competitive with other guilds so a one person member can only play GE levels but not compete with other guilds in there. Unless you ask them directly, you have no way of knowing if they open up all levels in GE or even play at all.

suethegreat

Captain
Being a one man band Guild it is useful for GE and I used to do all 4 levels but only 3 now since changes (maybe the start of 4 if boosts left) The other advantage is in events with guild related quests. Not everyone however is interested in rankings, GVG or other battlegrounds and with a good friends list help is also available without guild drama and stress.