• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Inequality in Guild Battlegrounds

JenLeC

Private
Posting on behalf of the many - using the words of the few.... interested in viewpoints and feedback
The new GBG does not make any allowance for the size of the guilds drawn together in the different leagues. Being promoted to diamond league is actually a punishment for the smaller guilds whereby they cannot use their full potential because they are penned in by a big guild, therefore LOSING ONE WEEKS WORTH OF GROWTH for every week they are in that league, so the stronger get stronger and gap gets bigger and there is no way for newer players to catch them!
If Inno look at the stats ALL the big guilds (high level players and a large number of members) are always in the top league, everyone else falls in and out of it, which proves the system is floored.
The only way to get through this is to increase the number of players and higher level of players in ones guild, but this too is floored because there is only a certain number of players within each world. If all guilds effectively merge, then no one will be able to move on the campaign map and no one will be able to earn points, but in the meantime the big boys are getting bigger and the up and comings are having their future limited and DICTATED to by the larger guilds, and not the designers of this game! This is in effect ripping the heart out of the fun of the game for anyone who is mid table or lower, and suffocating the newcomers, which in turn will kill the game for everyone, since its designed to evolve and grow!

Have they looked at using the points of the guild to measure who they should be competing against?
If the points of each player in a guild are added together and THEN put in to the appropriate league it would mean "like v like" giving the newer players a real chance to grow in and amongst like-levelled guilds.
Currently the chatter is to merge guilds just so they have a chance to compete, that will rip out the heart and sole of this game, if the calculation is based on points within a guild then it would encourage smaller guilds and more battles, near equal or more level playing field for all, isn't that what Inno is about?

By achieving a mmr high enough to get into diamond league your guild has proved that it is good enough, otherwise you wouldn't be there in the first place.

The number of people in a guild would only be relevant if you could guaranteed that everyone played.

My guild (originally 7 players but now 15 strong) regularly beats guilds of 70-80 players, other times we get smashed up. We currently have a mmr of 1000 :)

DeletedUser

You aren't posting for the many at all, you're posting for yourself, pomposity and self-righteousness included, as with all these "set the world aright" Posts.
I started alone and would be content to continue alone with no thoughts of merger or joining a big Guild so other Players could build my City for me. That's what it means when you take the easy road-others doing the graft for you because it's too hard alone.
Well now there're 3 of us {my consummate skill attracting others who understand how to play the damned Game}, we're yo-yoing between Gold and Plat against Guilds far better staffed than ours. They aren't better manned though and that's all that matters. Never mind about having a level playing field, just be better than the rest. I often see Guilds of 1 but never a word of complaint, no whingeing, no whining, just getting on with the job of taking Sector after Sector. The way it should be done.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser96901

good point

solution would be very simple
points considered for league matching = league points * guild size / 80

By achieving a mmr high enough to get into diamond league your guild has proved that it is good enough, otherwise you wouldn't be there in the first place.
no they aren't good enough to be in diamond league
they can only beat other guilds which are also not good enough for diamond

it is like real life sports: a guild is best in 2nd league. moves up. no chance there. move down last. then going up. in german those teams are called Fahrstuhlmannschaft (translated: elevator team). because it goes up and down and up and down

if the formula above would be used they can avoid diamond league by keeping the guild small enough

pharl

Corporal
Here's an example of what's happening right now - we're in Diamond, 2 big teams have joined forces and are blocking everyone else out of the game. How? Directly in front of our base sector, one of the 2 big teams holds it. It's been attacked by the other big team, but sits at 159/60. The sectors to the left and right of that are the same. The row of sectors in front of those are also the same. There are currently 17 sectors like this and counting - all over the middle and down to the edges which block any other guild doing anything. So note, it's not me have a moan on behalf of our guild - it's all the other guilds as well. Shortly they'll do swaps, where the 2 teams finish off the sectors they've targeted as swaps. When they have swapped, then they'll wait the required amount of time and again put 159/160 on each others. If anyone else attack (can't until unlocked), then they'll just take one early. Result? Only 2 of the teams can do any real attacking. No other guild is able to do anything - This is why it's killing the game and guilds just give up in GBG.

DeletedUser96901

Here's an example of what's happening right now - we're in Diamond, 2 big teams have joined forces and are blocking everyone else out of the game. How? Directly in front of our base sector, one of the 2 big teams holds it. It's been attacked by the other big team, but sits at 159/60. The sectors to the left and right of that are the same. The row of sectors in front of those are also the same. There are currently 17 sectors like this - all over the middle and down to the edges which block any other guild doing anything. So note, it's not me have a moan on behalf of our guild - it's all the other guilds as well. Shortly they'll do swaps, where the 2 teams finish off the sectors they've targeted as swaps. When they have swapped, then they'll wait the required amount of time and again put 159/160 on each others. If anyone else attack (can't until unlocked), then they'll just take one early. Result? Only 2 of the teams can do any real attacking. No other guild is able to do anything - This is why it's killing the game and guilds just give up in GBG.
and what would be your solution to this problem ?
those 2 teams get removed from GBG because they outsmart all other

pharl

Corporal
and what would be your solution to this problem ?
those 2 teams get removed from GBG because they outsmart all other

No, not at all. We all want to play. In GE the size of the guild is irrelevant - it comes down to how many battles you can do. In GBG it's about size and quantity of active players in the larger guilds. They're not smarter, just bigger and able to take more sectors. What currently happens is the ranking system pits guild v guild regardless of guild size - THIS is the element that should be taken in to account.

pharl

Corporal
Look at the state of this current map - by the way, the green team are mates with one of the larger teams. What hope does anyone else have?

Attachments

• GBG.PNG
    GBG.PNG
    4.1 MB · Views: 125
This round is worse than normal, usually we can hold a few sectors but this one is pointless. We have written off the whole round and are just doing minimal attacks for personal rewards

pharl

Corporal
It's happning more and more though. Surely it's not beyond the ability of FOE to see that if larger guilds were lumped together, e.g. with player numbers of 50 to 80, then guilds with 30 to 49, then another at say 15 to 29, then a group for lower amounts together, things would be more even. Not perfect and there'll still be collusion, but at least you've a fighting chance to take sectors.

Powe

Brigadier-General
It's happning more and more though. Surely it's not beyond the ability of FOE to see that if larger guilds were lumped together, e.g. with player numbers of 50 to 80, then guilds with 30 to 49, then another at say 15 to 29, then a group for lower amounts together, things would be more even. Not perfect and there'll still be collusion, but at least you've a fighting chance to take sectors.
So every inactive member must be removed. I am sure that would be extremely well received by most guilds.

I didn't say that. How about something constructive to add?
That would probably be the consequence of your suggestion. Just because a guild has 80 members it doesn't mean all 80 play gbg. By stripping non-gbg players from a guild the the big fighters would be in an easier grouping

pharl

Corporal
That would probably be the consequence of your suggestion. Just because a guild has 80 members it doesn't mean all 80 play gbg. By stripping non-gbg players from a guild the the big fighters would be in an easier grouping

Yep, completely understand. I"m just trying to 1) point out the inequalities, 2) suggest a possible solution. I'm not saying that the solution is terrific, but just suggesting something that may address some of the inequaity of the GBG element. Forums are notorious for, and seem to be a magnet for criticising and it's all too easy to do that. It's far better to come up with some ideas that can be knocked around. I'm happy for any possible solutions to be put forward, even if they're knocked out because of sound reasoning and debate, but at least we've thought about them.