• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Soccer Event 2020 Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

FLKMAMS

Sergeant
MAIN CITY-> 3k diamonds average each DS (winners plaza) (training)
DIAMOND FARM CITY-> I found 13 tickes in incidentes (oh yeah mama) +1 (mission) +3 (bar) = 4 winners plaza kits... (tournament)

If I said what i really think, I would be banned forever.

dorocill

Corporal
Thanks foe for small mercies re the R track. I can now happily rate the event as fun, interesting & rewarding.

Mike57

Private
I am hoping that I have enough diamonds in stock to buy my way to one of the two final upgrades I need provided that I can keep my Bronze status for the other upgrade.....I see that the Daily Specials for Training (Rousioi Track) and Tournament (Winner Plaza Selection Kit) end in just over 16 hours from now. The event itself will go for more than 9 hours after that. Is anyone able to tell me if there are further energy drinks likely for the final day? As well will there be Daily Specials for the final period?

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Nice last day dailies at least :)

Even if the dailies sometimes either drop a lot, or have a 0% drop rate for some.
Would have liked another plaza kit, but not gonna chase a chance combined with another chance haha

Rogues are now pretty much useless - the AI has changed enough to make rogues good for sieging only - just one more deception now - and don't go after the elusion of attack boost power - that's a deception now too!

DeletedUser16126

Just discovered that the motivation of the tracks giving you just extra happiness is rated higher than motivating a SoK, which makes the FP tracks quite useless.
Basically you get an extra FP, but it's taken back by a bad priority choice.
Very disappointing. Sure after discovering that this event can only be finished until the last level-up of the building after spending diamonds. No more fun playing, FoE is just milking the cash-cow.

FLKMAMS

Sergeant
I think 40+% hard matches are a jocke xD. 10 tickets, I lost 4 with a 40%, I win the 5th... then I lost 4 with a 43%, and I win the 5th....
Yes, you think.... "OH, +40%, perhaps I lost the first one, but it´s high enough to with the second match.... or third one!!".. but it´s not...

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
I'm starting to believe the percentages to win a Tournament match are in no way real as with 70-80 % l still lose regularly this is rubbish. The developers are rigging it (not random) to ensure they can chew up all the tournament tickets we collect.
That's still a 20-30% chance to lose, which isn't a small chance by any means, especially when dealing with RNG's...
At least here you're only "losing out" on a few free resources - try most other strategy battle games like Fire Emblem when a 95-98% hit chance fails, and your unit you've sunk hours of level grinding & resources into gets perma-killed. :rolleyes:
(...or more likely, you end up having to go back and replay the map over again.)

While the players cards are a joke same for the main event buildings they need so much space the prizes are rubbish in the lower levels as it is near impossible to get them high enough level to make them worthwhile.
Player levels overall were rather pointless. The biggest factor in raising the win % was choosing the right line-up of players, which was as difficult as rubbing a few brain cells together, and picking the 4-5 players who were the least disadvantaged. (ie: vs. say Attacker - Attacker - Midfielder - Midfielder - Defender line-up, just throw 5x Attackers at it for the highest %)

Only time levels became a bigger factor was in the 'Hard' level matches and going up against a team that's 10-12+ Lv's beyond all of your players.

l particularly don't want population as part of the prize as it then means l need to waste more space to build cultural buildings.
What the?! Is this even for real?
HMA: Lv6 Carceres = 585 pop + 800 culture. Lv6 Sphendone = 815 pop + 1230 culture

I mean, it's only a positive gain of 630 culture beyond what they provide in pop, plus whatever gets added in by the various tracks... How much more culture do we need?
Regardless of it's level, this building more than covers it's own population with it's built-in culture!! (unlike most evolving buildings & the Celtic set which DO require additional culture investment)

Wake up developers you did a really lousey job with St Patrick's day event and this is coming a close 2nd worst event. Space is scarse enough in this game we don't need to lose more with the events. l have put most of my racetrack buildings in the Antiques dealer for sale. The only ones l have built are a few Leukoi pieces for happiness (no road required) Now l feel much better having got this off my chest. l hope the developers will take the hint to consider what they are doing before they create another event.
Way to prove you have no clue how to play the game - enjoy being bottom of the pack. :P

This event, yeah, the Tournament side is kinda a lesson in RNGesus frustration... (and being a long-time Fire Embelm player, this DIDN'T peeve me off at all, since the Weapon Triangle system is kiddies play, and I fully expected to get ganked often by the RNG 'matches'.)

But the Training side was no different from previous years, and the Hippodrome itself is stupidly OP!
Even without diamonds, just finish in Amateur league, plus finishing the full event + picking up daily incidents, and it should still be readily doable to clear the Carceres to Lv6, with the Sphendone being Lv4 (if you're really unlucky with incidents), or Lv5.
6 added Tracks isn't a huge space investment, and gives solid bonuses! (1.5% Def/tile, 1.5 goods/tile, .5 fps/tile)

This event was stupidly good - better than Football, St. Patty's & Archy in terms of prizes, but will likely fall behind Summer since that one can be gamed the hardest.

Forwandert

Major-General
Player levels overall were rather pointless. The biggest factor in raising the win % was choosing the right line-up of players, which was as difficult as rubbing a few brain cells together, and picking the 4-5 players who were the least disadvantaged. (ie: vs. say Attacker - Attacker - Midfielder - Midfielder - Defender line-up, just throw 5x Attackers at it for the highest %)

Only time levels became a bigger factor was in the 'Hard' level matches and going up against a team that's 10-12+ Lv's beyond all of your players.

Think you are severely over thinking it.
This is just tapping the hardest match, moving no players and hitting play. No diamond spend.

Screenshot_20200713-162256_Forge of Empires.jpg

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
I'm a broken man :(

For the first time in over 4 years I've spent diamonds to finish an event, that final upgrade was never going to happen :mad:

You did it! :O I didn't think you would, next year I can see many completing this set x3
This selection kit as a daily is going to be epic.

Inno got you.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Just discovered that the motivation of the tracks giving you just extra happiness is rated higher than motivating a SoK, which makes the FP tracks quite useless.
Basically you get an extra FP, but it's taken back by a bad priority choice.
Very disappointing. Sure after discovering that this event can only be finished until the last level-up of the building after spending diamonds. No more fun playing, FoE is just milking the cash-cow.

Its the same for the train cars, best thing to do is get them at a lower age then age up, keep them ages lower and they are always Polivated last

I am not even mad at this one. Was a good fun watching how people actually believe their team strength matter a tiny bit against their opponents even though I've warned many not to fall for it .

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
1594695663676.png

To be honest, I feel really bad for the people who got suckered into spending diamonds on cards, or people who won cards from dailies. Someone with a team power of 262 coming second to 179, lol. And a 84 total team power in 4th.

Was all about the ticket buying, anyone who spent on cards literally wasted everything spent on nothing.