• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

COMPLETELY ELIMINATE YOUR CHANCE OF BEING PLUNDERED- IT CAN BE DONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galladhorn

Monarch
I don't recall ever activating the city shield. There was one or two hoods where someone plundered me regularly, but it hasn't really been enough to warrant putting a shield up outside of when a world is fairly new.

Hi Emberguard, sorry by what does it matter if players use it or not? – this thread is named "completely elliminate plundering".
I am just stating that eliminating a lot of plundering can be done by having a lot of Silver to spend, by running a city that does not rely on Tavern boosts.

I get plundered form time to time, but overall it was never much. But it just happens that now I am often in hoods with top ranked plunder players – if 7-10 of those are hungry the plundering can amount to something over a few weeks. If I set 72H city wall, and they dont get the message, then I just run another one and they usually get the message, I can do it no sweat till the hood is changed.

What do it get for it – no stress about collecting on time, control of my resoruce income, especially in times were a lot of goods are needed like in SAAB era, thus denying plundering players getting anything from me. – it is just an option, never the less an option for severely reducing plundering.

Some players I have come across will seel you goods, have a decent conversation meanwhile, then immidately after plunder you – it like you just sold some hardware to a store, and the day after it has a burglery. I am happy to be able to put up the shield, those players should get nothing, they are nothign more than leaches, even that this is just a game.

Everybody can write – I never used it, never had to use it, I just attack back, I don´t care etc. - fact is that some players experience to get plundred a lot and it often happens in times where they are trying to establish a decent city with income to get into the game – continued plundering can become a rather annoying experience and there are mainly only soft counters available if you do not want to build plunder free city. If you want to be good at attacking, then you still need to get to that point where you can build up your attack stats so that it can combat the hoods you encounter, and that is not set in stone with camping players aorund (I am camping too in one city). If you are one of those players getting plundered to the point of total annoyment you will need a breathing room and that is what the City Wal/shieldl can provide.

One thing I completely disagree with is that players are allowed to pop a 72hr shield and continue attacking their hood from behind it.. I’m ok with the city shield’s existence but if you want to use one you should be locked out of attacking other players while using one or have to burn that shield (and not be able to use another one for 24hrs) so the player your attacking has a chance to attack back..

DeletedUser

One thing I completely disagree with is that players are allowed to pop a 72hr shield and continue attacking their hood from behind it.. I’m ok with the city shield’s existence but if you want to use one you should be locked out of attacking other players while using one or have to burn that shield (and not be able to use another one for 24hrs) so the player your attacking has a chance to attack back..
No way that should be altered, you been getting ideas from other games perhaps? Don't interfere for the sake of interfering.

No way that should be altered, you been getting ideas from other games perhaps? Don't interfere for the sake of interfering.
So you think it’s ok to sit behind a city shield and attack people?.. I think it’s bad form personally “you can’t attack me but I’m gonna attack you..” I’d rather be plundered every day by the whole neighbourhood than resort to such tactics

DeletedUser653

2393 da.JPG

This helps with 99% of players :)

City shield can be used for a period of time you have mega plunderers in the hood, but its expensive and not sure possible to do much more than 50% of the time protected each year, but DA defence and DA attack boosts always help

DeletedUser

So you think it’s ok to sit behind a city shield and attack people?.. I think it’s bad form personally “you can’t attack me but I’m gonna attack you..” I’d rather be plundered every day by the whole neighbourhood than resort to such tactics
Never done it myself but, I have no issue with it being employed by other Players. It could well be used for the last couple of days before Hood change by Players who have suffered Plunder for the full duration until then. I don't actually care how others play the Game I simply adapt to my surroundings and do my own thing.

Leafbiter

Corporal
Unlinking you Town Hall is a stupid idea, I know as I tried it!

An unforeseen consequence is that no one can add FP's to your GB's!

Unlinking you Town Hall is a stupid idea, I know as I tried it!

An unforeseen consequence is that no one can add FP's to your GB's!
Haha, yeah, that is truly the most stupid way to avoid plundering. No one can add to your GB's, no one can aid you and your collections get halted. Just to avoid losing a few fps or goods to a plunderer.

A monastery and a strong defence army (perhaps enhanced by appropriate Great Buildings or city shields) will surely deter casual attackers (like me!) ???
This is right in theory but in practice there are 3 problems.

1. Attack boost is far easier to accumulate than defence, so even with GBs, watchfires, ritual flames and all the rest you will probably still lose.

2. Defensive GBs take up a lot of space that could be better used for other stuff

3. The cost of building GBs high enough to make a difference far outweighs what you save in list coins/supplies/productions.

Usually just putting a defensive army stops casual attackers, it's amazing how many people retreat as soon as they see more than 2 spearmen

And that's the difference between someone who knows what they're doing, and ME!

So basically, don't worry about defences, just allocate a half-way decent army, and COLLECT YOUR ITEMS PROMPTLY!

Am I getting it now?
Works for me :)

You get some defence from event buildings etc but basically most people don't bother.

If something is aided then it can't be plundered anyway which between active friends and guild shouldn't leave many buildings. Collecting on time solves all other issues

Status
Not open for further replies.