• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Suggestion for Guild Battlegrounds

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters

DeletedUser113278

Both SAM and SAAB maps have ore sites that you can fight or negotiate, no problems there. :D

If you've built it in an earlier age then you'll just have to suck it up for 3 days every fortnight

Agree with what your saying, but it’s only actually one day off (between now - end of GBG, until tomorrows GE start).

WinnerGR

Captain
Agree with what your saying, but it’s only actually one day off (between now - end of GBG, until tomorrows GE start).
If you time it right you should be able to negotiate every day, just means taking it slow in ge for a few days and not finishing it in 15 minutes
Oh yeah doh... easily haha
That's what I do
I was not saying it was not possible I was saying that it can't last for ever in all ages bellow SAM.

DeletedUser653

........................... For some reasons, negotiations are much easier right after attrition resets - e.g. midnight GMT. If you can afford playing midnight and 1 am .. 3 am time - you can dominate the map, by taking sectors, when everybody is asleep....................
Antiduck, Attrition affects both fighting and negotiating, so doing either after midnight becomes easier as attrition clock is reset for both.
Personally i save negotiations till i am about done with fighting and thats around 1000-1400 attrition and then do negotiations because thats easier than fighting, but slower.
Top guilds today tend to be based on a global selection of players, so most top guilds can do fighting 24/7.

AntiDuck

Corporal
Antiduck, Attrition affects both fighting and negotiating, so doing either after midnight becomes easier as attrition clock is reset for both.
Personally i save negotiations till i am about done with fighting and thats around 1000-1400 attrition and then do negotiations because thats easier than fighting, but slower.
Top guilds today tend to be based on a global selection of players, so most top guilds can do fighting 24/7.
I believe I wasn't clear enough. Of course I know you either put 1 good in 1 slot in negotiations - or you put 4 goods in 1 slot. Fight either against 0% attack/defence bonus troops, or versus 45% powered beasts, depending on attrition level.

What I've meant was the level of luck in negotiations. I find negotiations started right after midnigt _very easy_ and with _higher level of luck_. You see, you can storm any negotiations (1 good per 1 slot) for up to 10 attempts, without any luck. Or, on the contrary, you can solve it at once, and proceed to 2nd, 3rd, 4th negotiaions - making progress in amount of minutes and with minimum investment of goods.

It's just "luck", which doesn't depend on player ability to guess/think/choose wisely. Level of luck defnitely resets close to attirtion level switching - you may easily make up to 5 level attrition (5 negotiations in row), but 6th step is usually harder, requiring much more attempts.

When I start negotiations right after midnight, I got progress from 0 to 6 (or 8) attrition, usually in 10 minutes, with maybe just 14-20 attempts.
If, however, I start negotiations in the afternoon or even later - I can go from 0 to 6 attirtion in 30 minutes, and make up to 30 attempts.

That's what I've meant.

legend9182

Major-General
I believe I wasn't clear enough. Of course I know you either put 1 good in 1 slot in negotiations - or you put 4 goods in 1 slot. Fight either against 0% attack/defence bonus troops, or versus 45% powered beasts, depending on attrition level.

What I've meant was the level of luck in negotiations. I find negotiations started right after midnigt _very easy_ and with _higher level of luck_. You see, you can storm any negotiations (1 good per 1 slot) for up to 10 attempts, without any luck. Or, on the contrary, you can solve it at once, and proceed to 2nd, 3rd, 4th negotiaions - making progress in amount of minutes and with minimum investment of goods.

It's just "luck", which doesn't depend on player ability to guess/think/choose wisely. Level of luck defnitely resets close to attirtion level switching - you may easily make up to 5 level attrition (5 negotiations in row), but 6th step is usually harder, requiring much more attempts.

When I start negotiations right after midnight, I got progress from 0 to 6 (or 8) attrition, usually in 10 minutes, with maybe just 14-20 attempts.
If, however, I start negotiations in the afternoon or even later - I can go from 0 to 6 attirtion in 30 minutes, and make up to 30 attempts.

That's what I've meant.
As you said,
It's showing a pattern. Please don't make it luck

AntiDuck

Corporal
Just tell me. What will you get with winning against those who kills you internally when you are trying to kill them.
Plus if you want to negotiate you really don't have to depend on good production. You need to do rqs for it
Even with level 10 Cf in 100 rqs you will get that much goods. Plus you don't need to put your extra time. Just do rqs with collection, 1.9 thread and your own gbs
I'm all lost in these RQS, CF, GBS. I put "Forge of Empires" + those acronymcs, and get lots of various answers. Recurring quests? Château Frontenac? And then Great Buildings, I guess. Or Guild Battlegrounds?
I understand there are wiser ways to get more goods, I'm just surprised their involve learning so much about specific connections between game components. In a world, where 90% of Great Buildings offer nonsense like gold or resources, and occasionally FPs. Or only war bonuses.
Yes, you may hope on their 10th level they also will give something else :)

What will you get with winning
We just won Guild Battleground. Went to Platinum league. Now we will be presented with harder oponents and go back to Golden League. You question is very good. I'm not getting anything, it was funny in the beginning. Now, it's not.

I guess, I need to quit FoE - 9 months was enough. I know there are many FoE things I've never tried / used, but level of excitement is much lower than in old good Counter Strike 1.6, or some other browser / mobile games I was playing before.

I won't call those game names, but in old good times I was rushing to wake up at 1 am, 4 am, 8 am - just to protect against raids. And I still remember loosing my town, due to 40 minutes visit to a grocery store - someone was really monitoring my online status and made quick attack when I was away. That was cool, you know :)

In FoE, on the contrary, I see hundreds of various buildings, who differ by names and graphic representation, but no real reason to explore this world is offered.
(my personal opinion, just answering your little question)

AntiDuck

Corporal
As you said,
It's showing a pattern. Please don't make it luck
I don't know exactly what is it. I just call it luck (I can't make it luck).
But, I can do some random actions, and when I see a pattern - try to use it and talk about it in chat and on the forum.

I especially love very strange game policy about diamonds - which is surely programmed, but in very complicate way.
It's like very complicate tree of conditions ... where best recipe is never spend any diamonds at all. Once your spend 10 diamonds - your trades for next 2 weeks become harder and harder, but then drop to easy level again.

It's just funny, but probably it's working for most players.

You see, I was taught to enjoy the gameplay or just don't play the game. And never make easy moves, like cheat codes (which later on transformed into donations). I donate when I want to support specific game author / project only. Seeing how game algorithms sooner or later "understand" this, is also nice.

legend9182

Major-General
The game is pretty easy and good to play.
As you said, it feels to me that you ain't in much favour of simulation strategy in this game

AntiDuck

Corporal
The game is pretty easy and good to play.
As you said, it feels to me that you ain't in much favour of simulation strategy in this game
I kindly ask you to use Reply button, otherwise I can't see you reply to me, I can only guess.
I play FoE for 9 months, and I'm a bit bored.
My experience of related browser games includes Travian (2010?) and TimeZero (2007-2008). Travian was simple world with gameplay forcing you to look for and find good friends. You can't survive there without friends, being a cannon fodder for all others teamed up players.
Also, Clash of Clans (2010-2012?) - I guess no comments required.
TimeZero, on the contrary (I don't know if it still exists) - was Russian Fallout-world browser game with huge world and it allowed (supported) old player clans to use their experience to build virtual production lines (e.g. virtual plants) - to input to game economy, and even sell game currency on bla .. "grey" market. Or sell game accounts. It was not officialy permitted, but newbies and donators existed and played together with very busy and professional production/war clans, making their business in game. In TimeZero, there were clans, where people make a living - real money on virtual production, virtual convoys, virtual raids.

Not just selling unique game weapons, like much later on Steam (C&C).
Not just virtual farming in China for long hours and selling game gold to Europe / USA (like WC world in the start).
Actually build plants, actually supply them with resources, actually care about security of plant / shipments ... world was amazing.

Honestly? I expected rocket science in FoE, just because it's 2020. I expected at least Duke Nukem style easter eggs, even if now world is boring and limited in any expressions of any kind ... nothing like "Shake'em baby" after you click near interesting game character, performing some dance :)

Last edited:
How you manage to conclude that when most of what I wrote was about other players, I don't know. There was only one sentence that was about me personally. Everyone is entitled to express their own preference, and should do so rather than make claims about other people's preferences.

If you can explain your thoughts better on what I said, it might be more constructive.

You have created a post criticizing OPs suggestion and yet you do only "a few encounters a day" which means you don't actually actively participate in GBG. You can easily do your few encounters a day even if GBG round lasts for a year non stop. But other people must do much more and can't keep it going for long except top players, I see you can't understand reasons why just as you don't realize all the implications which GBG brings along.

You call people who do more than you "GBG addicts" since you don't realize most active players will have an ambition and drive to compete in most aspects of this game. Game designers realized that and acknowledged in one of their live Q&A when they were asked how come we can't have several cultural settlements going at once, they said becasue players will feel compelled to them all at once so they don't fall behind and they don't want to make people feel pressured. Same thing is with GBG - people feel compelled to do it.

If this is your main and only account, you're obviously a casual player so I understand why you have such opinion but offering a solution such as "if you can't keep up, then give up" is hardly constructive and helpful to OP and others who are in the same situation and there are many. I'm playing for over 2 and a half years now, never seen so many players quit as in this period after the GBG was introduced. That surely says something about the situation!

DeletedUser653

I don't know exactly what is it. I just call it luck (I can't make it luck).
But, I can do some random actions, and when I see a pattern - try to use it and talk about it in chat and on the forum.

I especially love very strange game policy about diamonds - which is surely programmed, but in very complicate way.
It's like very complicate tree of conditions ... where best recipe is never spend any diamonds at all. Once your spend 10 diamonds - your trades for next 2 weeks become harder and harder, but then drop to easy level again.

It's just funny, but probably it's working for most players.

You see, I was taught to enjoy the gameplay or just don't play the game. And never make easy moves, like cheat codes (which later on transformed into donations). I donate when I want to support specific game author / project only. Seeing how game algorithms sooner or later "understand" this, is also nice.

Its called attrition, its got nothing to do with luck at all. The game programmers have programmed the game to make each negotiation a little bit harder each time, so first is easy for you 10th is harder and you lose a few. Its got nothing to do with luck