• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Archaeology Event Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DeletedUser118370

Understandably what they say is correct about not just lumping everything from beta onto live servers. Got to appreciate they do their homework.
This is my take on it.
1. CMS occurred as daily prize on beta server
2. Players spent their beta diamonds & probably more to maximise this potential
3. Massive increases per player attack has prompted them to assess how this would affect live servers
4. Decision was made to remove the CMS as a daily prize in their view of "balancing"

While not the most ethical choice to omit the removal of it into live, they would also inadvertently shoot themselves in the foot and not make any money from the event at all. Not wise from a business point of view.
Just a simple reply on forum would have been great, that due to technical difficulties they have removed CMS from Daily Specials.

DeletedUser118370

Cheated is properly too strong, but it's at best misleading at worst dishonest.........
Everyone including Inno know that players check beta for the prize list and I wonder how many event lists have actually changed?.....I'd imagine it;s very few......
I think the responses to legends tickets say it all, the mods are as bad as politicians....Why don't they ask themselves why so many people unhappy about this before you continue with their pathetic denials. It seems that they forget who the customers are here.....
yes they have disappointed their players big time... in my view that is not sensible

DeletedUser118370

Honestly, I don't get all the raging butt hurt over this so called "cheating & lying" by Inno...

1. WE ARE NOT OWED ANYTHING!!
The entitlement here is sickening to behold. Am I myself sad that we didn't get the CMS? Sure, a little bit. Do I think it's time to grab our pitchforks and burning brands and set forth in an angry nerd mob to launch the Exterminatus on Inno itself? That attitude is completely childish - stop behaving like a bunch of spoiled 2 year olds! <.<

2. *IF* you're like me and pay attention to Beta and the wiki pages like some here claim they do, then you already knew within the initial 10 days of this event that;
a) While nice, CMS is already going to be outdone by the upcoming Lv.2 Winner's Plaza in the very next event.
b) Carousels are so 2019, and an arguably more efficient use of that space would be to go for a mix of Globe Fountains (better def stats vs. Carousel) + Lv2 Winner's Plazas (better atk% vs. CMS)
Any established player, like those who claim to have been playing for 2-3+ years, probably already have at least a couple WP's from the previous 2 years worth of Forge Bowl & Soccer events, meaning you're already a leg-up on hitting multiple Lv2's in the next event.

3. AD exists.
Sure, we didn't see anything really great this event in terms of daily prizes overall, especially for the late/end game players and/or any of us old grognards who've been around for 5+ years...
but what we did get was an entire event's worth of AD fodder, which can be used to obtain CMS's for those willing to show just tiny bit of patience. :rolleyes:

Now excuse me while I go and finish off my last missing tablet so I can claim the additional museum bonus, and use those freebie tools to get some more AD fodder. :P:P:P

A lot of players are upset because the anticipation was growing for CMS, because for the last 11 months since I started playing FoE, this has never happened. Inno should have been more transparent to their players to avoid disappointment.

DeletedUser

yes they have disappointed their players big time... in my view that is not sensible
they don't care Kind, probably the new owners either don't have any idea about how companies work, or just wanna throw out some players
from the one side they say you "copyrights" and from the other side there are 10 "3rd party" sites ...
like they didn't know that the people will check what where the prizes on BETA so they make their plans ..
And that goes for the average people, probably you and me and the other people in this thread.
i doubt if any <<top>> player didn't had info about what is gonna happen

they don't care Kind, probably the new owners either don't have any idea about how companies work, or just wanna throw out some players
from the one side they say you "copyrights" and from the other side there are 10 "3rd party" sites ...
like they didn't know that the people will check what where the prizes on BETA so they make their plans ..
And that goes for the average people, probably you and me and the other people in this thread.
i doubt if any <<top>> player didn't had info about what is gonna happen
New owners?

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Well if there is new owners, that would make a lot of sense as to why something that has never happened before, just happened in the way that it did.

No communication, no notice, putting the cara out twice but still not telling us to go for it since CS was gone. Least they could have done is put the Cara on last day or something. But if new owners, maybe they have no idea how to run a business and don't care about their players, that will cost this dying game more players over time as more people leave. I saw people spend their time during this event redesigning their entire cities, as you do with event prizes you really want and know is coming (usually). 20 days of their cities being weaker and less useful as empty plots wait forever.

A game of planning ahead now ruined as you can't plan ahead in events. Whats next, quests change from beta to live entirely? That sounds fun, lets go 10 quests back to back of needing 1 day supply production x 40. Wasn't on beta? Haha screw you players.

The best though is the players here actually attacking players, saying the age old (only children use) adage of "salt" or "haters" The kind of people that would have complained about the invention of light or electricity in the past. We are providing feedback here, about many peoples disappointment.

Whats to hope is that the new owners see this thread and our disappointment and not do this again. Here's hoping. Its to the benefit of everyone. Oh well, onto the next event, where if things stay terrible, can't see many staying.

Agent327

Overlord
Did this deep analysis involve checking beta against main server prizes on daily quests over the last year to see if that is normally a good yard stick to go off, or just sticking to the point that Inno don't contractually have to put the same prizes in main server as beta? Nobody has said they had to, the point was just that the daily prizes are normally the same, and by putting cms in beta they put us in a quandary on the main server. Had they not put cms on beta in the first place, with no intent to put it on the main server, everyone would have gone for carousel and everyone would have been happy. Anyone putting cms on beta then not continuing to put it on the main server, as they seem to have done with all the other beta daily prizes, should not be shocked that people are disappointed.

That deep analysis came to the conclusion that prizes from beta have never been a guarantee for the live servers and that is not just over the last year, but over many more years. Same goes for quests. You just never see someone complain if those are different.

It's just for inno
Please if you want to change main daily special like this
Just do one thing never put them on beta
You ruined this event of many players

My main daily special was the Tactician's Tower.
Thank you Inno for not changing a thing.

Don't do this again Inno please. Please do not lie to us and trick us. You put CS on beta knowing that people will wait for it on live. And then pulled it and put it on a 4k diamond Random chance deal. This has not happened before. This is like the Winter event not having sleigh builders. This is like other events not having their special buildings. Imagine if WF was on beta on three days but live was like NOPE HAHA SUCKERS you wanted a world's fair? Nope we removed it and didn't tell you! Haha planning ahead? sif that!

The only way to fix this would be to right now put out an alert, increase the event by a day and give us CS as a daily then. I'm just so disappointed. Why would you do this?

Cause now why would we ever believe what drops on beta ever again? Years and years of events now ruined.

When did they lie to us and trick us. You are lying to yourself and tricking yourself. Checkmate Square has never had anything to do with the Archeology event. It comes from the Albert Einstein historical questline. It is not an Archeology event special building. You can not pull something that was never in!

Loll the players who don't know about beta are just players who don't know better way to play

So the better way to play is to go by info that is in no way guaranteed. That really makes sense.

Between if I am correct.
In my last events from winter to this inno used to give 1 extra day
So why not in this?

Maybe cause you are wrong?

Obviously you cannot grasp the main issue and that is players being misled, it's not about owing. Myself, I had modified my city development, GBG and fighting strategy basing on the expected CMs and that was a 20-day planning, hence there's some considerable effort put there and besides, it can dramatically change the trajectory of your development. CMs were rightly and logically expected as they were on Beta, instead they came as a 'promo' 400 diamonds for 15% chance of getting a CM, that's still okay, but no one told the players that CM was excluded, hence, many missed the other valuable dailies, expecting... frustration.

How were you misled? Were you told that CMS would be a DS and then it did not happen? In that case you would have been misled. Now you only misled yourself.

Just a simple reply on forum would have been great, that due to technical difficulties they have removed CMS from Daily Specials.

Why? There were no technical difficulties. It just never was part of the event. Should they announce that about every building in the game?

A lot of players are upset because the anticipation was growing for CMS, because for the last 11 months since I started playing FoE, this has never happened. Inno should have been more transparent to their players to avoid disappointment.

It has happened before. Should Inno now change the way they do things just because you started playing?

Well if there is new owners, that would make a lot of sense as to why something that has never happened before, just happened in the way that it did.

There are new owners and it has happened before, so there is no relation between the two.

No communication, no notice, putting the cara out twice but still not telling us to go for it since CS was gone.

What a load of bull. Ever seen those notices before? What do you want? A list of all DS before the event starts and the day they will appear?

Least they could have done is put the Cara on last day or something. But if new owners, maybe they have no idea how to run a business and don't care about their players, that will cost this dying game more players over time as more people leave. I saw people spend their time during this event redesigning their entire cities, as you do with event prizes you really want and know is coming (usually). 20 days of their cities being weaker and less useful as empty plots wait forever.

More BS. The crap players always come up with when they do not get whay yhey want.

A game of planning ahead now ruined as you can't plan ahead in events. Whats next, quests change from beta to live entirely? That sounds fun, lets go 10 quests back to back of needing 1 day supply production x 40. Wasn't on beta? Haha screw you players.

No, next events will become exiting again. You can still plan, but now you have to do it the smart way, not by following a list.

Whats to hope is that the new owners see this thread and our disappointment and not do this again. Here's hoping. Its to the benefit of everyone. Oh well, onto the next event, where if things stay terrible, can't see many staying.

Those "new owners" already have done several events, so do not hold your breath. :P

LOVE THIS EVENT> BEST EVER!!!!!

scibuff

Sergeant
LOVE THIS EVENT> BEST EVER!!!!!

You really can't help but to troll in every single thread around here ... The bottom line is, Inno used to publish the list of rewards before the event began but then they realized they were missing $ because players would just save the event currency until their fav daily special was on and thus minimize the use of (and purchase of) diamonds. So Inno reduced the number of WWs (by 100-200%) per event, stopped publishing the daily rewards list, put desirable rewards (ww's, sok's, etc) on day 2 or 3 of the event (never to reappear again) etc. Players hated but you cannot argue with that if the goal is to maximize $ revenue/profits.

But this makes absolutely no sense. Everyone (who plays at any serious level) waited for the checkmate squares and so only negligible amount of diamonds has been used for this event.

Secondly, what a way to reward beta players who've been doing much of Inno's clueless QA/dev team work for years.

Brilliant! What a lovely event indeed.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
You really can't help but to troll in every single thread around here ... The bottom line is, Inno used to publish the list of rewards before the event began but then they realized they were missing $ because players would just save the event currency until their fav daily special was on and thus minimize the use of (and purchase of) diamonds. So Inno reduced the number of WWs (by 100-200%) per event, stopped publishing the daily rewards list, put desirable rewards (ww's, sok's, etc) on day 2 or 3 of the event (never to reappear again) etc. Players hated but you cannot argue with that if the goal is to maximize $ revenue/profits.

But this makes absolutely no sense. Everyone (who plays at any serious level) waited for the checkmate squares and so only negligible amount of diamonds has been used for this event.

Secondly, what a way to reward beta players who've been doing much of Inno's clueless QA/dev team work for years.

Inno have never/almost never published the prizes lists ahead of time - Beta players who take the time & effort to develop the FoE Wiki pages put up all the event info ahead of time.
And that info is ALWAYS subject to change at any time, as Inno can decide if/when they want to re-giggle how an event works and/or what prizes are offered at any time during the run of said event/s.

And really, we're going to cry about lack of WW's all of a sudden?
Between event grand prizes, usually at least once as a daily prize, AD, and daily challenges... plus GE for the alt-skin FoY version, (and soon the FoY shrink kit to boot), there's plenty of ways to keep building diamond mines... it just takes longer than 1-2 events now to do so. :rolleyes:

Overall I killed it this event in my main city, while my junk city easily managed to get all the upgrades needed for an Airship if I ever decide I want it...
After today, my main city managed;
- 3 new portraits from excavating the tomb
- completed the museum bonus prize once, while finishing a total of 29 tablets
- 4x Globe Theaters + 1x Carousel
- 5x Reno Kits
- 2x Marble Gateways from gold tablets
- tons of gak to throw at the AD, including 5x SoK

So, overall a great result, including clearing out 18 total grand prizes.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
well inno have done it again and managed to upset so many players lol, personaly i did ok in the event i opted to spend my lot on the carousels when they were on offer, so at least i got a few of them to boost my attack : ) so i am happy, but i do understand the anger some players are feeling but i guess the players will have to learn a lesson and never trust inno as they are well known for changing things around and to hell with any back lash,

Agent327

Overlord
The bottom line is, Inno used to publish the list of rewards before the event began but then they realized they were missing $ because players would just save the event currency until their fav daily special was on and thus minimize the use of (and purchase of) diamonds. So Inno reduced the number of WWs (by 100-200%) per event, stopped publishing the daily rewards list, put desirable rewards (ww's, sok's, etc) on day 2 or 3 of the event (never to reappear again) etc. Players hated but you cannot argue with that if the goal is to maximize $ revenue/profits.

Can you show where they published that list?

If you know the amount, can you tell us?

Now that is an absolutely stupid remark. Beta players get rewarded with diamonds on beta. A beta on the live servers rewards every player. Noyt just those that play on beta.

Yes it was :)

Ooooh, Agent just outed himself as a bad player. I thought you at least didn't suck at the game with all your trolling.

Just filling in the gaps. Already picked up plenty of CMS in the AD. Got more than enough carrousels in inventory I can not place, so I have other priorities, but nice of you to think I suck at the game. It most likely means you do :P

DeletedUser

What a load of whining about nothing; I want, I expect...you've had your Diamonds, now get on with the Game and look to yourselves not Inno for advantage.

scibuff

Sergeant
Inno have never/almost never published the prizes lists ahead of time - Beta players who take the time & effort to develop the FoE Wiki pages put up all the event info ahead of time.
And that info is ALWAYS subject to change at any time, as Inno can decide if/when they want to re-giggle how an event works and/or what prizes are offered at any time during the run of said event/s.
You just don't know what you're talking about then because >3 years ago either Inno published the rewards list or it was identical to beta.

And really, we're going to cry about lack of WW's all of a sudden?
Between event grand prizes, usually at least once as a daily prize, AD, and daily challenges... plus GE for the alt-skin FoY version, (and soon the FoY shrink kit to boot), there's plenty of ways to keep building diamond mines... it just takes longer than 1-2 events now to do so. :rolleyes:

It used to be possible to get 15 WWs / event easily. Now 5-6 is a considered good.

Overall I killed it this event in my main city, while my junk city easily managed to get all the upgrades needed for an Airship if I ever decide I want it...
After today, my main city managed;
- 3 new portraits from excavating the tomb
- completed the museum bonus prize once, while finishing a total of 29 tablets
- 4x Globe Theaters + 1x Carousel
- 5x Reno Kits
- 2x Marble Gateways from gold tablets
- tons of gak to throw at the AD, including 5x SoK

So, overall a great result, including clearing out 18 total grand prizes.

If that's a good haul it just proves what a noob you are... Globe *Theaters*, roflmao, you are just too funny ...

Last edited:

BhaaluJi

Corporal
unpredictability in the game is good.
this actually shows that devs are constantly modifying the game based on beta feedback.
though, some people will always moan for one or the other thing they didn't get, rather than be happy with what you get.

scibuff

Sergeant
unpredictability in the game is good.
this actually shows that devs are constantly modifying the game based on beta feedback.
though, some people will always moan for one or the other thing they didn't get, rather than be happy with what you get.

Maybe, but without the moaners you might still be in the Tomorrow era without Arcs fighting against Sticks DAs in GVG

legend9182

Major-General
Firstly inno just wanted to troll players
How : they putted so much botanical +chess in AD to just troll us knowing that not all players can get it through AD

legend9182

Major-General
Plus the replies I got from mods were really saying this thing in last 12 hours
But i won't post them because as before they will again delete my posts