• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

CE, FE and battlegrounds,

FLKMAMS

Sergeant
Hi everyone,

This is a question, in some way, because I want to go up into eras. But at the same time, to know a bit more about this two eras, arround battlegrounds. I always read that Contemporary is the best age to fight (AAV/champion + 7 rogues), not far from future (hover, ofc, +7 rogues). I speak about attrition and auto mode. Of course, how much attrition you can resist in auto mode, depends of your off/def bonus. But, to have a fair example, a 500/300 off/def bonus, not too high, not too low for both eras (not mine, but it is an average of figure I normally see). Sohaving the same bonus, which era is the easiest one to fight?.

The reason is simple. For battlegrounds, sometimes it is important how much attrition you can resist, in auto, semi auto, or manual mode. But, the more attrition you can resist in auto mode, the more chances you guild have to conquest a region when you are lifting a flag against another guild. And, ofc, with less casualties than IndA (XDD)

And for those that sometimes complaint about auto, because "FoE is something else than auto fights" (I agree, completely), I just want to say that, in IndA, i fight in auto until 20 attrition (with more.... random casualties after hundreds of battles means a lot), then semi until i consider (normally 30-35 attrition), and then I get 60-70 attrition sith Post Modern units. So i always try to do as much as possible, but sometimes what it matters is how you do the battles, and not how many battles you can do.

THANKS! (btw, I´m not English speaker, so sorry if I had MANY mistakes xD)

EDIT: just in case, my bonus is 440/380, and with the checkmate squares of the event i hope to get, at least 100 off bonus more, apart from the bonus of the rest of building I will era up.

Last edited:

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
If you go up an era you will be battling against different era attack/defence so I’m assuming you will auto fight less and semi auto and manual battle more and most likely more rogue losses, :)

FLKMAMS

Sergeant
Well, I think that is not the case in gbg, where % boost rises in the same way.
My point is, in fighters opinion. what is the best auto option? AAV (or champ, some people prefer that)+rogues in CE, or hover (as standar unit)+rogues in FE.
Yes, then you can do more in semi, and use in both cases oceanic units for that. But I think, if both options are similar respect to maximum possible attrition in auto mode, FE gives more rank, and 8 more expansions that CE.

If somebody tells me, that getting, for example, 40 attrition in auto mode in CE, I can get 35 in FE, well, it´s not a big difference, I can age up, have the rank points/expansions rewards, and get that 5 attrition difference improving my city. But if the difference is from 40 CE to 25 FE... or 50 CE-30 FE...,because people who aged up noticed that, ofc, better to stay in CE and not to loss 40% of auto battles.

Because, at the end of the max attrition, fighting with ocenic troops, i dont think you can fight too many more battles in CE than FE. No more than 5-7?, and that depends, sometimes, that how lucky you are, and if the unis are not very damaged.

DeletedUser653

Just ask the GvG players in your guild, because sectors are taken live and very fast in GvG its 99% auto around reset time and manually maybe at other times so players doing GvG will always find a combination that works 75% of the time and use that or a 2nd choice 8 in all auto fights.
Example CE yes 1 AA and 7 rogues works great but only in manual fights, try it in auto and AA unit rushes down field gets killed and game over, so in GvG we always have to find a solution for auto fights, so in Ce its 1 tank and 7 rogues (some prefer 2 tanks).
TE 1 steath tank +R is dam good
FE 2 RG +R is better than any hoover attack, but going to next age 1 or 2 hoovers +R will work while RG will not.

For example I am using VF or SAM troops (or a combination) in 95% of my SAAB fights.

So talk to your guild GvG fighters and they will fill you in on best auto fight combinations per age.

Regarding going up, always good to go up but sometimes better to hang in an age to use the FP for leveling up GB's, ie on my way up when I got a ARC i stayed in the age i was in for 6 months just leveling up ARC till i got a L80 then put FP back to tech tree. small hint always jump up ages after GE has started and you have done 1 fight as then you get a week fighting your last ages troops giving time to get next age units from tech tree/GbG or GE.

FLKMAMS

Sergeant
thanks @HRC but I ask about guild battlegrounds, not gvg. For that I talk about attrition. About buildings, well, i dont know if i finished my lvl80 arc in IA or EMA, but easy peasy after that. I aged up from EMA to IndA like... 6 weeks ago?, I cant remember. And last thursday I aged up to CE, but I´m thinking in keep on until FE. But I´m worried about battlegrounds only, so it´s almonst the only part of the game i can really play (expe is less than nothing, and GvG depends, if i´m with the computer or not xD).

99% of comments about CE say it´s a great age to figh, but 99% of that 99% is before guild battlegrounds (i just found 1-2 of this year in reddit). But people normally say FE is also quite good, and more or less as easy as CE, BUT all of them before guilds battlegrounds. For that I tray to get some fresh info.

For example (in my experience), i can say EMA is better than IndA for guild battlegrounds (I really hate IndA xD). Or that people with less bonus than me (really much lower), do more auto fights (with more attrition, i mean) than me both in CE and FE. So I could think, CE and FE are better than IndA for fighters. But I dont have much information about the difference between CE and FE in guild battlegrounds itself.

BTW, i also think AAV+7 rogues is a bit risky in guild battlegrounds, at least with some attrition.

Thanks

DeletedUser

I am in Iron Age with level 10 Attack GB's , i am 2nd in the Scoreboard with 1200 Fights.
1st is a Guy from FE with 60lvl GB's and we have another Guy from CE with 60lvl GB's aswell with 800 Fights.
Ofc CE and FE have a lot of Advantages but i think that the Recruitment time with the 2x2 Space needed for units in Iron, makes the difference in the long run.
The only Advantage they have atm, is that they can keep auto without replacing their units till higher Attrition than me, but when we start bleeding, they are outrunned because i produce more units than both their Alcatraz's together..
I think that once i hit 60lvl my Attack GB's and my Traz, they wont be able to chace a guy making 500 units a day ... :P

DeletedUser

If somebody tells me, that getting, for example, 40 attrition in auto mode in CE, I can get 35 in FE, well, it´s not a big difference, I can age up, have the rank points/expansions rewards, and get that 5 attrition difference improving my city. But if the difference is from 40 CE to 25 FE... or 50 CE-30 FE...,because people who aged up noticed that, ofc, better to stay in CE and not to loss 40% of auto battles.
That varies from your Game Style and your Guilds Tactics in Battlegrounds.
For Example : Most Fighters i know, never pass the level of the Attrition that will make them lose Units between Fights , because that will make them Slower !
In FE with 700% Boosts, you fight till 30 Attrition, w/o replacing units so this makes you Fast, multiply this with x3 Siege Camps and you will get like 100 FAST Fights a day..

My point is, I can't reach their Speed on Fighting when x4 Siege Camps are on the Table, because i lose Units and that makes me replace units and lose time, whille they only auto-auto-auto BUT on normal Guilds without Siege Camps the tactics are different..

I Don't know what are the % Standarts for CE, but i hope i gave you some Valluable info !

PS SAM is also a very good Fighting Era

legend9182

Major-General
As you all know very about fighting
Just tell me any combination for lma. As i do around 600 negs 100 fights (wanted to interchange them). And all of my guildees in lower ages do less fights or do negotiations like me. And my guild doesn't do gvg. They used to play it before 1 year

DeletedUser

As you all know very about fighting
Just tell me any combination for lma. As i do around 600 negs 100 fights (wanted to interchange them). And all of my guildees in lower ages do less fights or do negotiations like me. And my guild doesn't do gvg. They used to play it before 1 year
EMA - HMA - LMA are harder Eras as the Recruitment time is x2 than Iron.
I think Cannons with Rogues are good for Low Attrition and Heavy Knights for Higher but you will run out of Units fast.
Negotiations are a 2 sides blade as you spend your Goods instead of having Siege Camps so i think its a dead end unless you have unlimited goods

FLKMAMS

Sergeant
I have never used recruitment buildings. I had been in EMA long time before battlegrounds, and I had my Alcatraz at that moment. So I had thousands of rogues and plenty of the rest (from expedition, daily missions, and God knows where, really, because a didnt). At the end, how many fights you do depends of many factors. I think i got +5k or +7k once, 3k average perhaps, but yeah, with sieges.

But I have the feeling I could do fights with higher attrition and no negs in EMA (or just one from time to time), than later in IndA with a better bonus (no double, but more at the end). And I think it´s just because of some EMA units are melee, and all of IndA units have range. Add cowards rogues to the ecuation, and you have an easy full dead team, if you use only 1 no-rogue unit...... even with 3-4 attrition (oh yes, and at leas 400/300 off/def bonus).
So if somebody ask me about the difference between EMA-IndA, I would say I like EMA more. It´s easier and with less negs, in my opinion.

That is what I am asking about CE-FE. If somebody who was in CE and them aged up to FE, noticed guild battleground was easier, harder, more or less the same...

DeletedUser

That is what I am asking about CE-FE. If somebody who was in CE and them aged up to FE, noticed guild battleground was easier, harder, more or less the same...
I think that your Question is <<What Boosts FE needs to Reach 30 Attrition w/o changing Units>>
and i told you 700% (or 730)
I think you didn't said your Boosts , so you can compare yours with my sample ...

legend9182

Major-General
EMA - HMA - LMA are harder Eras as the Recruitment time is x2 than Iron.
I think Cannons with Rogues are good for Low Attrition and Heavy Knights for Higher but you will run out of Units fast.
Negotiations are a 2 sides blade as you spend your Goods instead of having Siege Camps so i think its a dead end unless you have unlimited goods
Oh okk
But our guild doesn't have any requirement to put goods on treasury

FLKMAMS

Sergeant
I say it, after i wrote the main post. 440/380. But I hope to get 15 checkmates squares if they appears some day (xD), and i have some more sakura rocks that i can set up, but i was waiting to do it in my final age. So i expect, if everything is ok, to get arround 600/390, after set up all my buildngs and age them up to future. Apart from that, i have lvl70 OA.

But I don need to know "how much attrition can I do in auto mode with no negs in CE/FE" (ofc, if you have that info, please share it because that would be totally great haha). I just wanted some... tips? about the difference between CE and FE, through the experience of gbg players how aged up. I have a CE friend how get (he says) ~40 attrition in auto, and another one in FE doing the same with half of my bonus en FE. But I really think the second one just fight in auto until he loss all units, so that means i should stop very earlier.

But i need the general picture, of people who were in CE and aged up to FE, in guild battlegrounds. I got 70 attrition in IndA, because i had PM units. But it was better to stay the no-rogue unit back with +20 attrition..., so that means do the rest of the battles in semiauto, and when you do hundreds of battles along the day.... it´s too much time. Now, in CE, I dont know how much attrition i could get with oceanic units, but it would be more or less the same, i dont know. And in FE, with OF units, it could be a bit less than CE because the difference between CE-OF units is higher than FE-OF units.
For that, i´m more interesting in knowing the auto fight attrition rate in CE/FE, than the maximum possible attrition i can get.

DeletedUser

I say it, after i wrote the main post. 440/380.
i think you can calculate what boosts you will have in CE with the buildings you already have and what you will have in FE aswell.
I told you that 700% boosts in FE are up to 30 Attrition +/- with the same Armies 2-6 HT Rogues and then you will lose units with cap 60.
CE i dont know, i can ask a player, but i think you can aswell :)
Keep in mind that all those info are Friend Quotes that might have small (5-10+/- Attrition Difference because of the Defence you might not have etc..)
Sorry for giving you half the stats , i hope somebody who knows both tells you both, but i only know about FE because i wanna jump there aswell in the Future.
Stay low till you are strong enough , thats my advice - You can never go back an Era after all !
Enjoy

DeletedUser

Really?

I've not come across many guilds or people that prefer to negotiate. It's so time consuming and boring
its good when you want to keep your attrition low on your <<big selfish guns>>
they will run out of siege camps though soon :P

FLKMAMS

Sergeant
yes @r21r , you never can come era back haha. For that i´m trying to get as much info as I can. I will know next thursday how many attrition I can get in auto mode in CE. It could be 20...25...30... more.. i dont know really. But it´s that. If people who played gbg in both eras say they normally lost some auto battles... for example, from 30 in CE to 25 in FE... or from 40 in CE (if they had more bonus) to 35 in FE.... something like that, I can calculate my possible FE max attrition in auto, acording to my max in CE, and decide.

and @Cursedveggie , I always try to do as many negociation as possible. Between 0 and 14-15 attrition. If I use sieges, i will do more, if not, less. But thinking in the guild positioin in ranking, that matters. For that I alwyas have event buildings in the previus age (I get about 400-450 goods from previus age everyday). And that is another reason why I am worried about attrition. It´s not the same get 15 attrition with negociations and them fight in auto until 30...35...... than 20.