• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.176

• Thread starter DeletedUser119613
  • Start date

DeletedUser12400

They do look a lot better. Not sure I feel the same with the GE building changes but the external area is way nicer than before.
I didn't quite like the new look of Fountain of Youth but again it's just me. It doesn't look as good as in picture and next to each other as the old one and didn't fit next to my dark doorway and similar buildings like Mad Scientist's Lab and Abandoned Asylum. I would eventually get rid of them in near future since it's my main city but as soon as I saw this new design I immediately did get rid of them as I didn't like how they overall looked next to each other.
Fountain_of_Youth.png
foy.png
1587557775139.png

DeletedUser

I must admit you're right on that, although it is perhaps more apt in that it is more in keeping with the origin story and locale of the fabled FoY. I miss the little men beating each other with sticks, {Tribal Square} but, overall I wholeheartedly approve.

Orange Tango

Private
It is an appalling update.

Some players have spent years building their cities around the background and animated wildlife.

For players who cared about the cosmetics from the start, you have spoilt their enjoyment of the game.

Disgusted.

DeletedUser

Ahahahaha, you tickle me. My Guildies and I have given the OK to the Designers and Devs to continue in the same vein so we can expect some more improvements. You're welcome, lol.

Orange Tango

Private
Ahahahaha, you tickle me. My Guildies and I have given the OK to the Designers and Devs to continue in the same vein so we can expect some more improvements. You're welcome, lol.

This game is essentially a very simple database of numbers, with your city the visual representation of how well you can combine the desired numbers you feel you most need to enjoy the game the way you choose to play.

Some players value the database values the most... and their cities tend to reflect efficiency more than anything... and their cities tend to look like much of muchness and a blur of repetition as they just copy the ideas first thought up by others... only differenciated by how many diamonds they are prepared to part with.... and more often than not nowadays parked in an era where loopholes in the game design offer the greatest inbalance (usually dominated by RQ's and/or advanced era troops)...

Other players get their fun embracing the artwork... their cities tend to look original... can still be highly efficient, but not to detriment of the cosmetic effect...

Their cities tend to make other players smile...

This update altered the canvas on which our cities have been painted on for years without warning... and because expansions cannot be moved gives the player no opportunity to redesign their city in a way which they find fun.

That makes this a terrible update....

Orange Tango

Private
I think it looks really nice :)

I'm guessing your city looks like a joined up block and you are only able to view the changes on the outskirts of your town... which is the norm... and as such the changes to the middle of the canvas are lost on you ????

Not all cities have been designed that way...

I belong to a guild with some wonderfully designed cities...

Much of the effect of some of them has now been sadly irreversably lost...

And quite a few players are upset because it is not something they can now fix.

Anyway... moan over... nothing that can be done now... but I for one have lost quite a bit of the enjoyment I got from designing my city... and for me, that is a shame and has made me lose a large chunk of the fun I got from the game... for no benefit.

DeletedUser116876

It is an appalling update.

Some players have spent years building their cities around the background and animated wildlife.

For players who cared about the cosmetics from the start, you have spoilt their enjoyment of the game.

Disgusted.
Totally agree.

Orange Tango

Private
I like the wild flowers

I like the wildflowers too.. that was a nice touch...

But I liked the animated wildlife more... I (as well as others) were very careful not to send our animated wildlife to pixel heaven... even though it actually made the game harder...

And then INNO came along... killed or displaced them all... and stuck a splattering of unanimated flowers in their place...

It's almost a crime and was quite unneccessary and shows that INNO are out of touch with a segment of their player base.

Orange Tango

Private
How big would you say that segment actually is?

Bigger than 0%.. and they pay for diamonds too...

So what is the point you are trying to make ??... I'm struggling to follow your train of thought..

But tbf, it would include you to a lesser degree seeing as how your earlier comment was:

I think it looks really nice :)

What you asked me is a bit like asking you what % of players want 3 Mills, 5 Carousels, long trains of dining cars.. and Blacksmiths when they are in the Space Age Mars...??

No money for INNO in that style of play either...

This is the place where players leave feedback on changes... which is all I've done...

You can disagree all you want, makes no difference to me... it's all just feedback for INNO...

Oh I never pay diamonds, that's just silly.

You said Inno are out of touch with a % of their player base, that is obviously true. But my point is that with (no idea how many) players around the world how many are too bothered either way?

Every little change upsets someone somewhere in the game as in real life but if nothing ever moved forward we would all still be living in caves

I like the new scenery but I will miss the wildlife

Edit to add everyone knows blacksmiths are essential!

DeletedUser

I still have wild animals grazing and frolicking {virtually at least}, but as I have no Carousels or Dining Cars or Blacksmiths, I guess they have plenty of room to play. Look on the bright side, wildflowers for the little bunnies and trees amongst which the deer may hide when scared or forage when not.
Luddites abound still in the 21st Century.
Oh and CV, I've lived in a cave and found it quite comfortable indeed but wouldn't do it now unless I owned vast tracts of land to support me. There is something about cave-dwelling which no mere house can match.

Orange Tango

Private
Edit to add everyone knows blacksmiths are essential!

No, they really aren't...

They are just an easy option...

It's a choice for those who elevate efficiency over cosmetics...

I'm afraid I'm a player who is just fundamentally more shallow than you in their game play... even though it makes my game more tricky... I probably value store buildings differently to you... :D

I wouldn't be seen dead with a blacksmith in my town... and I have a lvl 120 Arc etc and complete all the events....

It can be done....

Orange Tango

Private
View attachment 20968
wildlife is abundant in my city

Dude... that's not your city... that's a picture of the outskirts... the wilderness beyond..... not something you can interact with...

and why is your Innovation Centre in front of your Lighthouse like that.... ?????

You need to have a word with your city planners... I wouldn't even plunder a city in that condition ;)

Last edited: