• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Cultural Settlements - Ancient Egypt Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DeletedUser111428

Well...17d 7h 32m left and I only need to unlock 1 last Embassy Advancement (the Pyramid) and complete the last 4 Quests to finish this Settlement...some thoughts:

1) Really not sure why lots of players were complaining a lot about this Settlement: by building 2 X Nubian Archery Range Barracks and by carefully running your Battles within the daily Siege Camps, you can quite easily complete ALL 3 BATTLES with 8 X Nubian Archers are rarely losing more than 3 Units! Even if you lose 3 Nubian Archers, it will cost you 600 Deben to create 3 new Nubian Archers, which you will get from the Embassy anyway every 24H!

2) Deben has NEVER been an issue (over 21k Deben as I write this entry) and, yes, this Settlement takes longer to complete than the Vikings & the Japanese ones...but, man, what a relief it is to not having to collect local currency nearly all the time to cover Cultural Goods Production costs! I remember that I had to go several times a day in my Vikings & the Japanese Settlements each and every day just to get enough Coins to run my Productions...here, you just need to fight properly and you get at least 1100 Loot to run your Productions every 24H :)

3) I only need 3085 Loot to complete this Settlement (meaning 3 X EASY, MEDIUM & HARD Battles to be completed) and I will be all set! Yes, I agree that some players who do not fight in FoE will struggle with this Settlement so I guess that they can skip this...

4) As far as the Bathhouse is concerned, maybe its rewards will get readjusted, such as what happened with the Yggdrasil last year...or maybe not. Regardless, in my opinion 12 Forge Points from a 3X4 Special Building is quite nice and 10 getting 10 Military Units from every Daily Collection is also quite welcome (to get the equivalent from my current Alcatraz I would have to invest THOUSANDS of Forge Points to get 10 Units...

...yes I know that the Units that you get from a fully leveled Bathhouse are RANDOM but, still, this is great for several players out there! If you do not like the Units that you get, you can use them for your Campaign Maps, in GE, in GBG...or even to use them as Defending Units in your Guild's GvG Sectors! :)

5) Finally...the Ancient Obelisk...this is, in my opinion, a nice addition if you manage to complete your Settlement in a fast way (which, as you can see here, will be the case)...seriously! At Level 1, it provides 1 Forge Point AND 2% Defense Bonus for your Attacking Units and, at Level 4, you get 2 Forge Points, 6% Defense Bonus for your Attacking Units as well as 4 Random Goods. Yes, lots of people out there are complaining that they would prefer an Attack Bonus, but any serious fighter out there will tell you that no matter how high you bring your Attack Bonus, without a proper Defense Bonus for your Attacking Units, you will end up losing A LOT of Units sooner or later when fights become more difficult (GBG's High Attrition, GE's Level 4, etc.) so players should ALSO focus on this aspect as well in my opinion ;)

I plan on completing this Settlement 10 times, so that I get a fully Leveled Bathhouse, 2 X Level 4 Ancient Obelisk and 1 X Level 2 Ancient Obelisk (which I will use to replace 3 existing Shrine of Knowledge within my city) and gain an additional 14% Defense Boost for my Attacking Units...of course there are better buildings out there that can provide more Defense Boost for Attacking Units per square (such as the Level 1 Sentinel Post) but, here, you gain this simply by logging into your Egyptian Settlement every now and then and...voilà! :)

E_Settlement_R.png

DeletedUser

Well...17d 7h 32m left and I only need to unlock 1 last Embassy Advancement (the Pyramid) and complete the last 4 Quests to finish this Settlement...some thoughts:

1) Really not sure why lots of players were complaining a lot about this Settlement: by building 2 X Nubian Archery Range Barracks and by carefully running your Battles within the daily Siege Camps, you can quite easily complete ALL 3 BATTLES with 8 X Nubian Archers are rarely losing more than 3 Units! Even if you lose 3 Nubian Archers, it will cost you 600 Deben to create 3 new Nubian Archers, which you will get from the Embassy anyway every 24H!

2) Deben has NEVER been an issue (over 21k Deben as I write this entry) and, yes, this Settlement takes longer to complete than the Vikings & the Japanese ones...but, man, what a relief it is to not having to collect local currency nearly all the time to cover Cultural Goods Production costs! I remember that I had to go several times a day in my Vikings & the Japanese Settlements each and every day just to get enough Coins to run my Productions...here, you just need to fight properly and you get at least 1100 Loot to run your Productions every 24H :)

3) I only need 3085 Loot to complete this Settlement (meaning 3 X EASY, MEDIUM & HARD Battles to be completed) and I will be all set! Yes, I agree that some players who do not fight in FoE will struggle with this Settlement so I guess that they can skip this...

4) As far as the Bathhouse is concerned, maybe its rewards will get readjusted, such as what happened with the Yggdrasil last year...or maybe not. Regardless, in my opinion 12 Forge Points from a 3X4 Special Building is quite nice and 10 getting 10 Military Units from every Daily Collection is also quite welcome (to get the equivalent from my current Alcatraz I would have to invest THOUSANDS of Forge Points to get 10 Units...

...yes I know that the Units that you get from a fully leveled Bathhouse are RANDOM but, still, this is great for several players out there! If you do not like the Units that you get, you can use them for your Campaign Maps, in GE, in GBG...or even to use them as Defending Units in your Guild's GvG Sectors! :)

5) Finally...the Ancient Obelisk...this is, in my opinion, a nice addition if you manage to complete your Settlement in a fast way (which, as you can see here, will be the case)...seriously! At Level 1, it provides 1 Forge Point AND 2% Defense Bonus for your Attacking Units and, at Level 4, you get 2 Forge Points, 6% Defense Bonus for your Attacking Units as well as 4 Random Goods. Yes, lots of people out there are complaining that they would prefer an Attack Bonus, but any serious fighter out there will tell you that no matter how high you bring your Attack Bonus, without a proper Defense Bonus for your Attacking Units, you will end up losing A LOT of Units sooner or later when fights become more difficult (GBG's High Attrition, GE's Level 4, etc.) so players should ALSO focus on this aspect as well in my opinion ;)

I plan on completing this Settlement 10 times, so that I get a fully Leveled Bathhouse, 2 X Level 4 Ancient Obelisk and 1 X Level 2 Ancient Obelisk (which I will use to replace 3 existing Shrine of Knowledge within my city) and gain an additional 14% Defense Boost for my Attacking Units...of course there are better buildings out there that can provide more Defense Boost for Attacking Units per square (such as the Level 1 Sentinel Post) but, here, you gain this simply by logging into your Egyptian Settlement every now and then and...voilà! :)

View attachment 20824
Excellent, many thanks.

DeletedUser

So how could i have collected x20-25 times goods, got 0 x4, whille i have fought like 10-15 and got already 3 x4 ?
lol
(this has happened to me with japan already, is it a bug or just a bad algo ?)

DeletedUser96901

BUG
there is no achievement after finishing the settlement

for the other 2 settlements I got the level 1 achievement after the first finish

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
I've been away from the game for a few weeks because it was just losing all its fun. I've been playing since the game started and it's sad to see how it's been going recently. Firstly the St. Patrick event and now the Egyptians settlement just adds to the monotonous grind. It's not challenging or difficult - it's just tedious. Thank goodness the rewards aren't spectacular. Much more content like this and I'll be off for good.

Agent327

Overlord
I've been away from the game for a few weeks because it was just losing all its fun. I've been playing since the game started and it's sad to see how it's been going recently. Firstly the St. Patrick event and now the Egyptians settlement just adds to the monotonous grind. It's not challenging or difficult - it's just tedious. Thank goodness the rewards aren't spectacular. Much more content like this and I'll be off for good.

Might as well leave right now, cause this is where it is going.

DeletedUser117350

Have to agree with the many adverse comments on Egyptian settlement. The reward is not worth it if you already have Alcatraz and it is tedious Once you get past a few quests, the impediments are a difficult work around. I have abandoned mine as do not want to spend diamonds to resolve these.

DeletedUser96901

I only make it for the more FP which the buildings will give :lol:
(the other 2 nations are already completed)

I already have too much units but most times it even doesn't matter because it won't give those units anyways
(it is at the end of the motivation list)

pitesh

Private
this new era has too much dificulties , you need to remove obsticales and for that you need diamonds and it is too time costing .

DeletedUser117815

Well I have given the New Egyptian settlement a really good go, my thoughts, INNo you got this so wrong, Vikings and Japan are worthwhile, not too easy but are enjoyable and the rewards reasonable. The Egyptians are not, they are too involved, take too long, are not enjoyable, more like hard work and take one away from main game for too long. I am sure some will find this to their liking. I find it is a complete waste of time, the graphics are not clear enough, blending into each other due to the palette used, I keep getting eye strain. There are too many variables, too many buildings and the inability of boosting the army is quite simply a mistake. I shall not be trying this again and am advising others to read up very carefully before committing themselves. This is worse than the St Patricks day event, and that was bad, boring and poorly concieved. Without some major alterations, including removal of at least 60% of the impediments, I will not consider even looking at this again and will content my self with the other two settlements. It would of been better to extend them instead. This is of course only my opinion, I am sure others will feel differently.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Why when motivated only give troops? Essentially if it doesn't get motivated the building is even worse. The building needs some buffs really to make this settlement worth the effort. They have buffed these before, so here's hoping

DeletedUser116493

I don't like the Egyptian settlement either, but I recommend completing at least 2 of them. Opening another emissary slot in your town hall seems worth that effort. I don't even care about the time limit.

suethegreat

Captain
I am about to finish this thing for the first and only time. Yes FOE is about fighting but there are some players that only auto fight and or are relatively new and this settlement could make them quit the game. If you only auto fight it will be nigh impossible to complete in the time limit and you will spend your day waiting for troops to heal and the next pyramid army to appear. 8 hours for a chariot is ridiculous, 4 hours for a unit ditto. I didn't find money a problem but rearranging and moving vegetation of differing sizes and angles around impediments annoying. I didnt use many extensions nor need to use many pick axes but expected more free in the quests so did buy 1. The only reason i am even finishing is the inexplicable fact that my last 2 fights before getting the pyramid earned a x4 bonus so i was 2k+ loot rich. Given in all the goods productions the x4 bonus only appeared once this was welcome.

On auto the first 2 fights are usually doable with a wait for recovery but even winning the first fight in the hardest the second wave defeats you. Generally the camel and chariot builds are no real help in the first 2 fights let alone bother with elephants. Anyone not checking forums before this game would also assume the pyramid is the end and get a nasty surprise to build it and then have room for all the productions and Deben producers, more fighting, more waiting......

As it stands the settlement is a challenge and an achievement to complete but no warm feeling regardless of prize and heavily weighted in favour of skilled fighters who will love it...maybe.

Dead-Eye

General
Sue, if you read this thread instead of coming on at the end and moaning you will find more than enough hints on how to make these settlements rather easy.