• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Cultural Settlements - Ancient Egypt Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DeletedUser111428

All the Egyptians are in quarantine
lol

...but, then again, this is what happens when a release is being announced without a "projected" time (at least, for the Events, you get a Timer that lets you know when it will go live) ;)

DeletedUser111428

Hi; I want to report the following "bug" (which also occurs on BETA); when you hover your mouse cursor on the Deben icon, you get this text:

Deben.png

HOWEVER, Deben ARE NOT USED to produce Cultural Goods in the Egyptian Settlement! Only Loot is used to produce Goods (Deben Coins are needed for the recruitment of Egyptian military units AND to build roads in the settlement)

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
I hover over an impediment whilst in build mode and it shows '1 free and 6 purchasable removals' but how do I actually use a pickaxe?

Is ok, After placing an expansion the option to use/buy pickaxes becomes available.

Last edited:

DeletedUser96901

thank you for this much easier settlement

no need to collect the settlement coins every hour
only a few times in the game needed to make goods

and 3 fights are no problem:
Nubian Archers and almost no losses

but getting diplomacy is still as annoying as in the other settlements
build, wait, delete

would be nice if the next settlement comes without diplomacy ;)

This is really funny. Vikings and Japanese settlements had great reward (building) this one not so. And this one has weird features, they add impediment removal but every expansion now has impediments.
Roads costing so much coins? Manual fights in every settlement? :lol::lol::lol:

Who even comes up with this?

Ahyco

Private
A couple of items for feedback:
  • Impediments are a terrible concept. Not only are they unfair as they differ between people, but they seriously hinder ability to structure the city, especially since the road costs Debens
  • Roads costing Debens just doesn't make sense, especially when there are so many impediments
  • Heavy units have attack and defense bonus against artillery, and artillery has attack and defense bonus against heavy. It seems like a flaw in game design to me as counter units shouldn't be countered by their counter themselves.
Hopefully, there will be some iterations on Egypt settlement, otherwise I think I'll skip that one. Quite a disappointing settlement so far.

DeletedUser111428

• Impediments are a terrible concept. Not only are they unfair as they differ between people, but they seriously hinder ability to structure the city, especially since the road costs Debens
  • Roads costing Debens just doesn't make sense, especially when there are so many impediments
  • Heavy units have attack and defense bonus against artillery, and artillery has attack and defense bonus against heavy. It seems like a flaw in game design to me as counter units shouldn't be countered by their counter themselves.
Hopefully, there will be some iterations on Egypt settlement, otherwise I think I'll skip that one. Quite a disappointing settlement so far.
Well I have ran the Egypt Settlement 2 times on BETA and I can say that:

1) Roads costing Deben is, in my opinion, not a big deal...why? Well you get 600 of those anyway every 24 H from your Embassy and, for this Settlement, you only need Deben to build Roads and for your Military Units (hire a Unit/Unlock a Unit)

2) In my Guild, most of us running this very 1st Settlement on Arvahall are using 2 X Nubian Archery Range and we are able to complete ALL Battles with only few losses, so even if we need to hire Replacement Archers we never struggle with Deben (and you can easily get some extra using Divine Statues for instance)

3) Being able to complete ALL 3 Battles from Siege Camps will shed A LOT of times from your Settlement completion time ;)

...and what about those Impediments? Well to me they were positioned in ALL possible Expansion Terrains so that it would force players to rearrange their Settlements more often AND would also increase the completion time for a Settlement...then again, you get 5 Pickaxes from Quests and if you carefully select which Impediments you remove with those (and move Residential buildings in/near those "less preferred" sectors then players should be overall fine :)

Dead-Eye

General
I will do mine but not a top priority. The main prize is nice enough but the secondary prize aint worth the effort. If after all is said and done and I end up with a lv 2 I will be happy with that. Way to much to do and I am way to busy.

DeletedUser

Just get on with it. Learn how it works, make use of that knowledge along with the sage advice given by Test Ament and jesuismoti and...stop whining.

Last edited by a moderator: