• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event St. Patrick's Event Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DeletedUser100832

and I take it the rewards in the chests don't improve with how many cities you completed either?

Dead-Eye

General
Got a full set and upgraded the one with the most fp. Will likely get 2 more kits,3 if I spend a few diamonds but doubt I will. It does look nice though and a full lv 2 would have been nice just to busy these days. Oh well.

DeletedUser100832

Yes, I know they change. But is it worth to save gold pots for later cities in hope of something better?

Yes, I know they change. But is it worth to save gold pots for later cities in hope of something better?
Define "better". What's good for you may be useless for others. To me - so far - most of the chests have contained useless crap, so I haven't wasted gold on opening any of them.

It's the same rewards over and over and over again for all the events. Don't need more of all those WWs or SoKs or whatnot. The "best" rewards are now defined by how much the Antique Dealer will pay for it.

Last edited:

DeletedUser12400

The big difference with this event is that it seems to be a massive chore rather than a challenge. Where's the fun in that?
I personally can't find any fun in events, just benefit. The only thing that I find fun is spinning summer wheel especially when some else is involved and don't care that rewards are not random. I personally think that events actually would be fun if they would involve other players of course it might sparkle some whining and rage - depends on the design.

Last edited by a moderator:

Any Empire

Sergeant
Ignore the whiners, they're just Reevers floating around in the emptiness of space, an unfortunate side effect of the Pax Agent Orange vapours released into the atmosphere by jet aircraft which was intended to calm the population. All they know how to do is bite and gnaw and scream and whine. Let them gnaw their own bones in their dark corners by themselves and go and play what is an absolutely excellent top notch Event.

Nope; that’s just your opinion. Others disagree that this is a good event. Here is why I do:

1) Lots of folks spent days and hours working on the game in Beta. The majority of complaints do not come from a lack of effort, and it is insulting to imply that. They represent largely honest feedback.

2) There’s no strategic thinking involved in trying to find a solution when the instructions from Inno are misleading and incomplete. Especially given that the cost of even a small mistake at the beginning can mean you lose out on a fully upgraded event building. It is one thing to be penalized for a lazy approach to an event. It is quite another to be penalized for poorly thought out game mechanics and poorly written guidelines. Saying players need to reviewBeat testing results to figure out an event shifts accountability for sloppy work from INNO to players. It should be ready when realesed on Live. It wasn't.

3) A strategic approach would use tasks such as: "upgrade a manager to level 3", or "upgrade a factory by 50 Levels"; without specifying which manager or factory to use. That allows for creativity and strategic thinking, and (IMHO only) is more fun.

4) Currently, once you find 1 of the 2 main recipes for finishing a city, you repeat it ad nauseum without meaningful change or interesting challenge. Differences across the 3 sets of tasks are insignificant, and involve no strategic decision-making of any kind.

5) A repetitive game, lacking options for creativity or real strategic thickening, is boring IMHO. Not saying other Inno events are always better. But the large amount of negative feedback can’t be legitimately dismissed by calling folks “whiners”

6) The main event building underwhelms. The lack of the daily prizes a big drawback. Purely IMHO, not enough reward to make up for boring game-play.

7) I take 36 hours per city. My aim is only to get 5 selection kits. A majestic fawn and 5 kits give a nice 3-x-3, with decent stats at level 2. I’ll stop playing this event once I get one 3x3 for each city.

DeletedUser12400

I'm quite unlucky this event already 3 worlds like this(good that I can refresh and collect slowly the amount):

1583064788966.png

Okuma

Private
Just like to say I'm enjoying this event, its very tactical and gets the brain cells working. I've only been playing FoE since January so a bit of a newbie but to date I've got a full set plus I have also upgraded two of them, all without spending a single diamond. With 10 days to go (= 2500 PoG) I think getting a fully upgraded set without using diamonds IS possible, although its going to be very, very, very close as I think I will need to do about 23 tasks in a fifth town to get enough selection kits, it's all down to whether 2500 PoG will get me there. But I'm really enjoying the challenge.

DeletedUser110327

Agree Okuma, it's refreshingly use 'your brain and think' for a change. I do now firmly believe that the enjoyment factor is numbers of cities dependent. I only have 3 cities, and I love it, but It think if I had 8 or more cities, it would be a nightmare. Too many cities does turn the game into a boring tedious chore at times, but that's not the game's fault, it's just having too many cities.

DeletedUser12400

Well I used to pay attention to questlines and thought about tactics however not present and you know still manage to complete and get what I want on automatic of course if I would pay attention I might get a little more. The game itself becomes into a boring tedious chore and with one or few cities you will find yourself sooner or later just staring at the game with nothing much to do.

DeletedUser110327

I seem to remember when you could pick up 2 or 3 blueprints every day from aiding. Now it's more like 2 or 3 a week. I don't seem to recall any announcements about this change. You must have seen it Agent, surely?

Agent327

Overlord
I seem to remember when you could pick up 2 or 3 blueprints every day from aiding. Now it's more like 2 or 3 a week. I don't seem to recall any announcements about this change. You must have seen it Agent, surely?

Has nothing to do with this topic George and you can always buy them.