• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Show fp profit in Great Building Reward screen

Show fp profit in Great Building Reward screen

• Yes

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters

DeletedUser117610

Proposal:

The Great Building Reward screen appears (sometimes) when another player levels a GB you have invested on. The proposal is to show the fp profit (or loss) on that screen

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea: yes

Reason:

The information would inform whether a contribution on a GB was profitable. This is particularly useful to know when you invest on an unsecured position to inform whether it was sniped, or when you're sniping to give some feedback about whether you've made a mistake or something unexpected has occurred that you might want to look into. But generally just good to know whether you've winning or losing out on contributions.

Details:

In the attached screenshot I've shown that the + symbol next to the medal and fp reward could be removed, and the profit shown in brackets after the fp reward. The value in brackets would show "+X" or "-X" where X is the difference between the amount contributed and the amount returned. The value could be coloured to indicate profit or loss but this is not essential.

An alternative implementation would be to keep the + sign before the medal and fp reward, and show either "X profit" or "X loss" in brackets after the fp reward. There is plenty of room for this text to fit.

An third alternative would be to have the profit or loss as a separate field under the fp return, but showing the difference in brackets is more succinct.

Visual Aids:

Attached

Balance/Abuse Prevention:

This is a simple convenience feature, no balance/abuse prevention is required.

Summary:

I can't really think of a downside to this idea but look forward to the usual suspects pointing it out to me and linking irrelevant previous suggestions. TIA ;)

Attachments

• IMG_7390.PNG
    IMG_7390.PNG
    629.1 KB · Views: 171
Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Overlord
Doesn't make the gaame any better. Getting help inknowing if you were sniped, or if your snipe was succesfull is totally ridiculous. You need to calculate anyhow so do it right.

DeletedUser653

A good well written proposal and I think this will save a lot of problems within a guild where a player does not notice for some reason he lost FP in a GB, however most top guilds today have a 1.9% boast rate so consider a profit (or loss) as a difference between the investment +the 90% return.
ie your traz L50 needs 2000 FP for first place so i invest 2000 plus the 90% return from a L80 ARC giving a total of 3800 FP and thus i consider a profit if i get more than 3800 back and aloss if its less.

So good idea but I would only support if the profit/loss was calculated on the return plus the standard 90%.

DeletedUser117610

@HRC the idea would be that if you placed 3800fp and got a return of 2000fp then it would show a loss of 1800fp. Does this address your concern?

DeletedUser117610

Show ignored content.. yeah I’ll pass.

The age old question; if a troll spews vitriol in a forest and no one hears, does it still make a sound? A: who cares :)

Agent327

Overlord
@HRC the idea would be that if you placed 3800fp and got a return of 2000fp then it would show a loss of 1800fp. Does this address your concern?

Yes it does. For him it isn't a loss, so what it shows would be wrong in his case.

Problem with ignoring content is that you will miss the full picture. That means you do not learn a thing about your idea, so keep it up!

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
This idea has no meaning what so ever ... calculating a spot is a very easy math and simple to see if a spot is profitable or not ...

DeletedUser117610

Yeah right. It’s trivially easy to calculate the difference between two numbers minus the current highest bid and divide by 2.. And then do it over and over again.

Or maybe you just invest at 85 or 90% regularly and have an arc that gives a higher/lower value, and have to work that out too. Or even if you just pay arc value. Or maybe you just sometimes wonder if everyone you invest on is properly securing slots if you don’t want to check all the time.

The suggestion is to add a simple label to the already existing screen to simply inform if an investment was profitable. The suggestion can’t harm anything, and it won’t make the screen cluttered. For anyone who invests a lot I would think it would be a useful confirmation, or at the very least just nice to know how much profit you’re making generally.

If you wouldn’t use the feature that’s fine, but to say it has no value when I and others would like it is not a thoughtful response.

DeletedUser117610

I still want this enhancement. To most of us that invest in GBs it would be useful info that would easily fit into the existing screen.

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
I still want this enhancement. To most of us that invest in GBs it would be useful info that would easily fit into the existing screen.
There is nothing extra needed... in gb window before you snip it you have base reward + your bonus from arc... so already there you know what are you getting....
Just use calculator ...
Step1: base reward + your bonus = all fps ypu will get
Step2: full gb level - what is in = fps left to level
fps left to level / 2 = what you pay
(if only owner has placed fps)
Step2a: if there is someone on a spot you want to snip -
full gb level - what is in = fps left to level
fps to level - fps from a spot you want to snip = X
(X/2) + fps from a spot you want to snip = your investment
Step3 : all fps you will get - your investment = profit or a loss

So as i say there is no need for anything else , except your understanding of a simple math!!

DeletedUser117610

@ntnete0 you missed the point entirely. I invest regularly and calculate in my head, there is nothing wrong with my maths thx. You should reread the OP and reconsider what I’m requesting here which has nothing to do with the investment screen.

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
@ntnete0 you missed the point entirely. I invest regularly and calculate in my head, there is nothing wrong with my maths thx. You should reread the OP and reconsider what I’m requesting here which has nothing to do with the investment screen.
i do fully understand what you want ...and that is to have fps profits visible on pop up window when someone levels a gb ... but for developers to do that would be a vaste of time as half of these screens sometimes do not even appear or if they do 90% of people don't even look at all .... if you play game seriously enough you would calculate your profits before you invest any fps so you would do it with available data on investment screen ... and if you think about part you invested in fps swap ... don't make me start about that ... as that dose not garantie that you will get any more back then the next person adds to you .... so i really don't need to reconsider anything now as i still come to a conclusion that there is no need for anything new .....