• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Best defending army

Fumito

Private
Hi, I wanna know what is your best defending army. I see some using artillery units+ rogues. Mine is mixed. What about yours and why? :D

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
It massively depends on age though. Like in CE a full defence of champions is king, and sometimes just going full artillery means yes, your defence will lose, but high chance something of theirs dies if they don't know ;)

Also EMA is Mounted archers, nothing like killing something before they get to retreat.

But you will mostly always lose on defence. The goal is to kill at least one unit before losing, that sometimes stops people entirely.

DeletedUser118860

It massively depends on age though. Like in CE a full defence of champions is king, and sometimes just going full artillery means yes, your defence will lose, but high chance something of theirs dies if they don't know ;)

Also EMA is Mounted archers, nothing like killing something before they get to retreat.

But you will mostly always lose on defence. The goal is to kill at least one unit before losing, that sometimes stops people entirely.
Do the defence boosts help in any way? But then you'd have to use them every day unless you knew when you were going to be attacked. Also what about the city defence boost?

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Tavern defence boosts/ defence boost items are something I've never personally used. And the Tavern shield is a total waste.

No matter how good your timing is with them, people still just plunder around them if they have to :) And the thing is, replacing most of your city with defence boost buildings just means that if you collect n time, your collecting so much less then you would get otherwise.

But that's why I said based on age, in later ages no matter how many boosts your gonna lose, and in newer ages boosts just means you might help kill one or two more, but your still gonna pretty much lose on defence, way to easy for attackers to beat the AI.

Were used to fighting 2 armies back to back with higher boosts then you get on defence.

In the end, the best defence is to just collect on time :)

DeletedUser653

Best defence is to put up a decent force so player can collect points and hopefully decline to plunder, but if they plunder then attack and plunder them daily for a week or two while collecting on time and then offer to stop if they agree a no plunder rule. Always talk nicely and never make threats - just pisses some player off and they hit you more
I always plunder a spear or crap drfence.

Roches

Private
1 rogue is eaven beter it gives 0 ranking pts
And eight rogues is the very worst, since they’ll all die instantly... It’s usually not a good idea to use rogues at all because a player can attack them last and kill them with one shot. I didn’t know about 1 rogue before, though.