• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GBG strategy flags

Do you support this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 15 88.2%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Not in its current form

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

Vesiger

Monarch
Proposal: Movable flags on the Guild Battlegrounds map to direct strategy

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea
A similar idea was mentioned in https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/delete-siege-option-on-gbg.38398/ but the main topic was locked.

Reason:
Communication in GBG using the existing messaging system is difficult since strategy threads are rapidly pushed out of sight by Great Building swaps etc. What is needed is a simple visual indication of agreed strategy on the map.

Details: I would suggest a fairly basic system of up to four numbered and possibly coloured-coded flags which can be placed on map sectors by any guild member with the appropriate permissions. They don't update in priority or expire as sectors are taken or become inaccessible - it's up to the guild leadership to keep them up to date and/or remove them, and up to the guild members to decide whether they can or should be obeyed at any given moment in time. They simply represent an onscreen visual equivalent of instructions such as "C3X followed by C2B", removing the need to bring up the message centre and scroll through multiple screens of message threads to find out what was last discussed.

Visual Aids:
None, sorry.

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
This would reduce the advantage currently held by guilds which run an external real-time messaging system (e.g. Discord or Skype) in order to coordinate strategy, although it's not really a substitute for that - more of a means to make sure that the goals decided upon continue to be visible.
It would help guilds with 'casual' players who just pop in and stick down a few attacks anywhere they can see activity, without searching through all the past messages to find out what they are supposed to be doing. Some people might feel that such guilds don't deserve any help, as they ought to be kicking out anyone who isn't a dedicated GBG player :P

DeletedUser

Yeah the Devs are already informed about that, anyway starting a soccer match without a referree is kinda a troll but if people are still playing and enjoying themselves then why would inno bother lol

DeletedUser

This isn't about rules or a log - it's about pinning information so that it doesn't get lost amongst other messages.
loool sorry mate i totally missunderstood - maybe i got confused with another idea (thought it was about to remove Advances from sectors)
*yeah i just clicked the link from the similar one and my replies was to that idea sorry

As for the current , a single Cross in Circle could do the job for the start so
+1 from me but with easier Target symbols

DeletedUser

it's about pinning information so that it doesn't get lost amongst other messages.
Jpeg.jpg
lazy edit but you can use it if you like !

DeletedUser

I was thinking four numbered flags because it would give more scope for attempts at advance planning, but just one indicator would be a help.
Well im not a developer , IMPO a click-to pop window with 1,2,3 priority targets would be more practical BUT yours is more easy-fun !
if people give it an + i will try make 1-2 pictures but im not an editor !! haha

As long as these are only seen by your own guild, this could be helpful. Some one would have to tell me is that doable- because I can see several guilds possibly marking the same places. Already show more than one flag--one big, one small shield depending who has more points-- can there only be 2 fighting for a sector? or marking a sector? Have not noticed more than that as it stands now.

Vesiger

Monarch
As long as these are only seen by your own guild, this could be helpful. Some one would have to tell me is that doable- because I can see several guilds possibly marking the same places. Already show more than one flag--one big, one small shield depending who has more points-- can there only be 2 fighting for a sector? or marking a sector? Have not noticed more than that as it stands now.
It would definitely have to be visible only to your own guild -- I assume that's possible, since every guild gets a different view on the same battleground as it is. (We all see ourselves as the grey guild in different positions on the map.)
I think I've seen three guilds with sieges on the same sector, but I'm not certain of it.

Vesiger

Monarch
Any guild holding a sector adjacent to a target sector can attack it - for the sectors on the 2 and 3 rings there are 5 adjacent sectors so it is possible to have 5 guilds attacking the 6th who currently hold it!
How is that displayed? Lots of little shields?