• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Winter Train Road Connection

Te train needs to be connected to a road. The add-on cars do not. My question is...if I have a train with one or more add-on cars, is having one of the cars adjacent to a road good to make the whole train connected?

DeletedUser109379

I really don't get how to do dailies to add cars... Inside the event interface clicking on the daily button brings up a window where to add cars but there is nothing clickable inside of that....

DeletedUser109379

Thanks SirFrancis I had eventually figured it out with guildies - and smh at the same old gaming no luck :P

DeletedUser118860

no. Doesn't matter how many roads touch the cars. If it's not touching the main train it's not connected
So just to make certain, the main train MUST touch a road. Do the coaches ALL have to touch a road as well?

If that is true, how come people ask if they can put the coaches in front of the train?
Isn't that what was originally announced on Beta? I'm sure I read it somewhere

Edit: just checked beta and it only says on the back but I'm sure it was said at some point

Emberguard

Legend
Once the main engine is built the coaches can only be placed behind the engine
If that is true, how come people ask if they can put the coaches in front of the train?
Well, you can physically place it in front, it just won’t be connected to anything and won’t produce anything

Because people are generally not very intelligent? It has never been said anywhere, at any point, that you could do that.
thats not in any way a lack of intelligence. That’s a inquiring mind.

Trains in real life do have the ability to ability to push carriages in front of them. It’s more common for them to be pulled from the back but not exclusively the case. So it’s not that far fetched to make the connection of train + carriage having the possibility of functioning one of two ways prior to finding out how it works ingame

there is a description on the train specifying to connect to the back of the train. But if people had tried it already to see if something works they wouldn't be asking, so itd also be likely they haven’t read the description yet (or skimmed over it)

Last edited:

DeletedUser118860

I think the clue is in the statement that the train is "idiot proof". I guess we just have to work out what that means. :lol:

DeletedUser118860

The main engine needs a road connection the coaches do not
The train is pretty much idiot proof
Once the main engine is built the coaches can only be placed behind the engine
Thanks Andrew and that bit of information is going to get me to re-arrange my buildings, train, etc to make more space, so it was a great help. I'm the idiot who had my whole train, coaches, etc on a road which could have been doing something more useful.