• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Expansions

DeletedUser110180

When are we getting more Expansions ?
you‘re introducing all these event buildings to the game, and they are getting bigger each event....but still no space...some of us that actually pay to play..ie, diamond purchases....are screaming for more space...otherwise the game becomes bogged down and mundane

Agent327

Overlord
you‘re introducing all these event buildings to the game, and they are getting bigger each event....but still no space...some of us that actually pay to play..ie, diamond purchases....are screaming for more space...otherwise the game becomes bogged down and mundane

So you pay to play and you are clueless about what you are paying for????

You get new expansions when you enter a new age. When there is no new age to enter anymore, you have to wait till there will be a new age again. Victory expansion you usually get before that. Event buildings have nothing to do with available space.

Got it now?

DeletedUser110131

You're far from the first asking for more expansions. It's not going to happen, though, apart from with new ages added. Space is the most valuable commodity in the game, and it's by design, not accident. Here are a few factors that will have gone into it:
  • Limited space creates a challenge. Challenges are what (most) players want.
  • The rarity of space makes diamond expansions so attractive that even the worst skinflints will part with their diamonds.
  • Introducing more diamond expansions will skew the balance against the free players, who are actually important to Inno's business model.
  • Introducing more non-diamond expansions will reduce the value of expansions.
  • Where an extra expansion only results in players getting one or two more buildings, cramped conditions make them replace all their buildings with better ones.
There are more reasons, both that I'm aware of, and, I'm sure, that I'm unaware of. The main point is that this is something Inno has considered very carefully, and come to a very well founded decision on. It'll take a lot for them to change their minds.

Hoping is allowed, of course. You'll be in plentiful company. Just don't hold your breath; that would not have a good outcome.

DeletedUser111359

And since when are events "pay to play"? You can get a maxed out prize every time w/o paying anything, unless you're just incompetent.

The rarity of space makes diamond expansions so attractive that even the worst skinflints will part with their diamonds.
I take issue with this!

My VF city (currently camping) still has 27 diamond and 9 reward expansions to use, not completed most of the map yet so there could be another 1 or 2 there.

I never understood how people run out of space.

BTW I am so tight with my diamonds that I squeak

DeletedUser12400

You can't expect to fit all possible buildings in your city. Sooner or later you will have to make a choice.
Everyone has their own play style but my suggestion is to sacrifice the buildings below and you will have enough space for few buildings.

1575187771749.png

iExchange

Private
Well there was a time in which i also struggled with Space but i got myself a tip from my guild leader. Do not construct useless buildings.
By that he referred to Event Buildings, if you don't have it maxed out to get the full benefits, or 1-2 levels below max, don't build it.

I currently have, from Spring Event 2019, the Pagoda Level 1 and 2 upgrades and it is a waste of space as at level 3 it gives me Medals and Supplies which are extremely low. That also, i can say in regards to the Halloween Event with the Abandoned Asylum :rolleyes:

Also, i can get an additional of 12 Diamond Expansions ( the next costs 600 ) and 12 Victory Expansion ( the next costs 200k ), but on the Map I am in Future Era and in maybe 2 weeks i will be in Arctic Future ;)

Furthermore, in the future ( most probably next year ) i will get rid of Royal Albert Hall and Lighthouse of Alexandria and maybe.. Hagia Sophia as currently all the event buildings that are coming are begging to be more powerful than previous years - so most likely I will be able to place something better in their place.

zvM4VE3.jpg

DeletedUser111359

LoA I can understand giving yup. You only need so many obsolete goods. But Hagia is worth keeping to me. You can get a lot of FP from one, and when your other GB's are high enough level adding FP production w/ a hagia can be cheaper too.

DeletedUser110180

So you pay to play and you are clueless about what you are paying for????

You get new expansions when you enter a new age. When there is no new age to enter anymore, you have to wait till there will be a new age again. Victory expansion you usually get before that. Event buildings have nothing to do with available space.

Got it now?
Get over yourself...I know how the bloody game works...I’ve been playing long enough...I just want to know why we are not getting more space when they keep bringing all these event buildings out that are just getting bigger

DeletedUser110180

You can't expect to fit all possible buildings in your city. Sooner or later you will have to make a choice.
Everyone has their own play style but my suggestion is to sacrifice the buildings below and you will have enough space for few buildings.

View attachment 20092
I’ve considered that...but I like my attack and defence where they are...attack bonus just short of +1200%, defence bonus over +2100%...maybe an upgrade to RFs, as opposed to WFs could be introduced ?...I’m looking at dropping palace sets at present

DeletedUser110180

LoA I can understand giving yup. You only need so many obsolete goods. But Hagia is worth keeping to me. You can get a lot of FP from one, and when your other GB's are high enough level adding FP production w/ a hagia can be cheaper too.
Most of my GBs are lvl 80 to 100, I get plenty of fps from them

DeletedUser110180

You're far from the first asking for more expansions. It's not going to happen, though, apart from with new ages added. Space is the most valuable commodity in the game, and it's by design, not accident. Here are a few factors that will have gone into it:
  • Limited space creates a challenge. Challenges are what (most) players want.
  • The rarity of space makes diamond expansions so attractive that even the worst skinflints will part with their diamonds.
  • Introducing more diamond expansions will skew the balance against the free players, who are actually important to Inno's business model.
  • Introducing more non-diamond expansions will reduce the value of expansions.
  • Where an extra expansion only results in players getting one or two more buildings, cramped conditions make them replace all their buildings with better ones.
There are more reasons, both that I'm aware of, and, I'm sure, that I'm unaware of. The main point is that this is something Inno has considered very carefully, and come to a very well founded decision on. It'll take a lot for them to change their minds.

Hoping is allowed, of course. You'll be in plentiful company. Just don't hold your breath; that would not have a good outcome.
I don’t mind using diamonds for expansions....that is really not a problem

DeletedUser12400

1575187771749.png
I’ve considered that...but I like my attack and defence where they are...attack bonus just short of +1200%, defence bonus over +2100%...maybe an upgrade to RFs, as opposed to WFs could be introduced ?...I’m looking at dropping palace sets at present
Well then you made your choice. You see you keep building same buildings over and over and then it's no wonder you are running out of space. It's up to developers and of course you can make a suggestion. You also mentioned that you 'pay to play' and you already have huge advantage of 44 premium expansions. I've seen and have in my guild players without diamond expansions or few and their city looks small but somehow they are managing and we are helping to organize their cities and make the decision if necessary. I also have friends that run out of space and are struggling with doing unskippable quests and events and with each new buildings they have to make decision whats better or worth it and they manage. Of course it would be nice to have extra expansions and feel free to make suggestions but in my view it's not quite correct to write 'pay to play or ready to pay' or when you have multiple of the same buildings in your city to provide more expansions. I think it's important to keep a balance. Yeah, balance, that's the right word.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emberguard

Legend
Get over yourself...I know how the bloody game works...I’ve been playing long enough...I just want to know why we are not getting more space when they keep bringing all these event buildings out that are just getting bigger
There’s a limited amount of motivations you have per 24 hrs.

Let’s assume you have 80 neighbours, 80 guild members and 140 friends. Assuming everyone aids that’s a hard cap of 300 buildings motivated.

In reality you’re not going to get everyone aiding every day from your friends list (not unless you’re individually contacting 140 friends daily), your guild is unlikely to have 80 members and your neighbours may be more like 70.

The reason players requested for bigger buildings is because with more space for every age released the same motivations have to stretch further due to more buildings. If the amount of expansions then increase in how quickly they’re released we go back to the problem bigger buildings sought to solve - allowing each aid to stretch further

Well there was a time in which i also struggled with Space but i got myself a tip from my guild leader. Do not construct useless buildings.
By that he referred to Event Buildings, if you don't have it maxed out to get the full benefits, or 1-2 levels below max, don't build it.

I currently have, from Spring Event 2019, the Pagoda Level 1 and 2 upgrades and it is a waste of space as at level 3 it gives me Medals and Supplies which are extremely low. That also, i can say in regards to the Halloween Event with the Abandoned Asylum :rolleyes:
That first line is great advice. However my definition of a “useless building” would be different from yours. If deleting something to place down the building improves your situation it’s not useless. Even a lvl 1 event building is better then current age techtree. If it has to sit in your inventory for 1-2 years before you can use it then it probably is a useless building because by the time you place it down at max lvl it’s already outdated or close to it

The main thing is are you willing to delete anything that’s in your city if it’s no longer useful? If the answer is no - never delete a event building then the advice of only placing max lvl buildings is good advice. If the answer is yes - delete and replace as needed - then it wouldn’t matter what lvl it is as long as it improves your worst building

DeletedUser111359

Most of my GBs are lvl 80 to 100, I get plenty of fps from them

I have a ton of GB's in that range too. But the thing about FP's is you can always find new ways to spend them, when you get more. I have 2 worlds where I generate over 300 every time I do the 24 hour collects, and spending them all has never, ever been an issue.

DeletedUser111359

You're not out of space because of the event buildings. You're out of space because you spend diamonds and build multiples of many event buildings. Your city is how it is entirely through your decisions dude.

DeletedUser110131

Yeah, balance, that's the right word.
Balance is everything in a game. Most things people wish for are impossible precisely because it would disturb the balance between paying players and free players, between difficulty and attainability, cost and reward, etcetera. It's supposed to be challenging for all, and impossible for none, and achievements are supposed to give a sense of just that: achievement.

Let’s assume you have 80 neighbours, 80 guild members and 140 friends. Assuming everyone aids that’s a hard cap of 300 buildings motivated.
Now, that would be something! Between lazy neighbors, drop-outs on the FL, much smaller guild size, and hardly anyone aiding every single day, I'd be lucky to get 15+20+70=105 per day. I'd say that's a high estimate; it's certainly not more than that. Still, it's more than the number of buildings that need aiding, so no complaints. I'm far from perfect, myself; I'm slightly above average for my FL, at best.