• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Battleground Flag Color

Stargater

Private
Our guild "drew the short straw" when we were allocated a grey flag in Battlegrounds for us to look at from here to eternity.
How can you rally an army behind a grey flag? (perhaps the army of the dead)
Surely Inno could have found sufficient vibrant colors by using a dark & light of selected colors. (eg dark blue, light blue, dark green, light green etc etc)
Inno - please replace the grey!
:(

I don’t care about the grey but on all 4 of my worlds we have a grey flag.

Do all guilds see the same colours on the map or is the flag always grey from a guilds perspective with the enemy guilds given different colours so they can be easily identified?

Stargater

Private
Thank you both for the feedback. I had no idea that all guilds fought under a grey flag.

Having now reviewed the range of BG flags in use, I do note that GREEN is not currently used, so a mid/dark green might be nice addition; though others may disagree (or maybe green is an issue for colour blindness?)

I just think the grey is depressing & utterly uninspiring.

Also, I note that provinces captured by your own guild get a grey border (in line with the flag), however to me there's very little difference between those grey-bordered provinces on screen, compared with provinces which don't yet have an owner. There's little differentiation between the two.

Emberguard

Legend
(@ Stargater)

Green is definitely in use. That likely means your guild is green if you can't see green
1575284051757.png

Also, I note that provinces captured by your own guild get a grey border (in line with the flag), however to me there's very little difference between those grey-bordered provinces on screen, compared with provinces which don't yet have an owner. There's little differentiation between the two.
1575283724873.png

Maybe if the colour itself was less opaque / more solid it'd be clearer? This next image is just me adding a layer of 30% white over the top but would this be sufficient?
1575283988496.png

Stargater

Private
Thanks Emberguard

- Given your explanation that the colour green is in use; I suppose my final comment on the subject would be - why not let Guilds fight under their designated colour, rather than having everyone fight under an uninspiring grey flag each time. I won't say any more on this subject, as I'm just one voice, and perhaps hundreds of other players have alternate views

- In relation to my comment about the border of provinces captured by own guild and showing grey, vs the border of provinces which don't yet have an owner, yes it would be better if provinces which don't yet have an owner were a little clearer / differentiated from those grey bordered provinces which you're own guild has already captured. Though your sample screen shot demonstrates you making the un-attackable Home Province of a Guild clearer, which isn't really necessary. The Guild logo on those un-attackable provinces is already sufficient to differentiate those from other provinces.

I've already taken up too much of your time, so I'll leave my comments at that, and see whether anyone else agrees with my thoughts.

Regards & Thanks.

Emberguard

Legend
I've copied this conversation into the main feedback thread :)

The sample was more about the way the sector is highlighted then whether it can be attacked as taken sectors would be in the same colour.

Because multiple guilds might have the same designated color?
Each colour is assigned at the start of the round and you may not be the same colour from one round to the next.

On L we've faced the same guild in both rounds, they are light blue this time and were green in the first one

DeletedUser111359

Each colour is assigned at the start of the round and you may not be the same colour from one round to the next.

On L we've faced the same guild in both rounds, they are light blue this time and were green in the first one
He was asking for guilds to use their chosen guild color. My response was directed at that, since there would be no way to prevent different guilds from having the same color. The palette just isn't very wide.

He was asking for guilds to use their chosen guild color. My response was directed at that, since there would be no way to prevent different guilds from having the same color. The palette just isn't very wide.
Which is why they are assigned randomly at the start of each round :)

DeletedUser111359

Which is why they are assigned randomly at the start of each round :)

I WAS RESPONDING TO HIS SUGGESTION, AND EXPLAINING WHY IT WOULDN'T WORK!

Try to keep up dude.

Last edited by a moderator:
Frankly- I think of the "gray flag" as SILVER-- because as we overcome and take the section- it turns SILVER- so that works for me.

Stargater

Private

Actually I wasn't. I was suggesting that the color allocated to each guild at the start of each Battleground (the invisible colour they can't them), be the colour banner which the guild fight under for that battleground.