• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds (concept)

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser96901

I would spend my 400k goods on one day and negotiate 2000 times (and 1900 of them with 100% attrition)
:lol:

DeletedUser117595

lol, i would sign this instantly but that would be insanity, i would push it to 600% minimum, do you consider what i would get from it then??? some have bonus even bigger than my.

I would spend my 400k goods on one day and negotiate 2000 times (and 1900 of them with 100% attrition)
:lol:

thank you both for proving my point ;)

DeletedUser96901

thank you both for proving my point ;)
thanks for still not understanding :rolleyes:

your idea is terrible because it is not balanced and overpowered :rolleyes:

if 125 FP a day is not enough for you than you shouldn't do anything and simply ignore GBG

DeletedUser117595

thanks for still not understanding :rolleyes:

your idea is terrible because it is not balanced and overpowered :rolleyes:

if 125 FP a day is not enough for you than you shouldn't do anything and simply ignore GBG
so you would use ~1000 goods (or a couple of 100s goods and some 10s diamonds) for a 100% attrition nego in order to get on average 34.5 goods, 18.5 fps, 0.5 diamonds and 1.4 troops back from each nego, day in day out? and I'm the one with the terrible idea :D
yeah sure the first day you'll have loads of fun, but unless you actually produce the 400k goods you're talking about on a daily basis, it won't last. I am certainly not an expert, but I doubt that anyone can produce enough goods on a daily basis to reach 100% attrition and enjoy it 10 days every 2 weeks.
But if you can prove me wrong, I'll be happy to accept that my idea is indeed terrible, unbalanced and overpowered.

DeletedUser117595

To clarify a bit, I used HC and the attrition% primarily as a principle of how the personal rewards can be made more enticing and motivate players to push every day.
The exact numbers can be of course tweaked if the direct application of the HC and attrition% are too powerful (I am not convinced they are, but this is another part of the discussion).
So there are 2 parts that can be discussed: 1) the principle itself 2) the rewards/% to make it balanced yet still attractive enough so players can consider using goods/troops/diamonds on it

DeletedUser117595

OK, I'll stop spamming soon ;)
one example of % curve could be
%=0 if 0 attrition
%=50*ln(attrition)/ln(100)
the % would go up steeply initially (e.g. would be about 15% at 4 attrition, 25% at 10 attrition, would be about 30% at 17 attrition), still increase as attrition increases (good for those who want a challenge) and ends up at 50% for 100 attrition (might make things more balanced for those who think it is otherwise too powerful to have 100% chance at 100 attrition)

DeletedUser96901

@ElsaJol
congrats your idea (Forge Points, but also Goods, Units, and even Diamonds) as rewards is now implemented

DeletedUser117595

@ElsaJol
congrats your idea (Forge Points, but also Goods, Units, and even Diamonds) as rewards is now implemented
Cool!
but that part is not my idea, a lot of people asked for it (I merely mentioned HC as a model for rewards), but thanks :D
If I proposed one new (I think) idea, it is to link the chance of a reward to attrition.

Agent327

Overlord
Cool!
but that part is not my idea, a lot of people asked for it (I merely mentioned HC as a model for rewards), but thanks :D
If I proposed one new (I think) idea, it is to link the chance of a reward to attrition.

Good thing you understand sarcasm.

Shad23

Emperor
looks to me like this will be the end of GVG when GBG will be released
GBG all players can play GVG only PC
GBG looks like a mix of GVG and GE
in my opinion GBG is a new GVG with the features players were asking to be added to GVG but INNO could not reprogram GVG so they created somthing diferent wich should be a bit beter then GVG
and this coment is coming from a big fan of GVG
i think they already wanted to kill GVG when they created GE but GE was not beter then GVG this new feature will in my opinion be what they needed to create to be able to take away GVG
eaven if they did say that they would not kill GVG my feeling is that with this new feature they could kill it without players going awall and leaving game cause INNO took away their toy

Last edited:
looks to me like this will be the end of GVG when GBG will be released
GBG all players can play GVG only PC
GBG looks like a mix of GVG and GE
in my opinion GBG is a new GVG with the features players were asking to be added to GVG but INNO could not reprogram GVG so they created somthing diferent wich should be a bit beter then GVG
and this coment is coming from a big fan of GVG
i think they already wanted to kill GVG when they created GE but GE was not beter then GVG this new feature will in my opinion be what they needed to create to be able to take away GVG
eaven if they did say that they would not kill GVG my feeling is that with this new feature they could kill it without players going awall and leaving game cause INNO took away their toy

have guessed for some time all PC parts of game will be taken out,i play another game(not browser based) where they have kept the PC side"professionals" while still going for the bread mobile peeps"amateurs" to make money
its all about money,they cant get the neg part into gvg which is sort of free and only open to fighters"professionals"
gbg(farmville) you cant have a proper fighting game if some peeps can use neg can you,this makes it a joke,amateurs only

DeletedUser113142

I have a couple of things to mention.
I'm a colourblind person and I cannot see anything on the map. I have to click on each sector to see who owns it and who's attacking who..
Solution: Make a colourblind mode or mark the sectors with the Logo of the guild.

Attrition is a good idea to stop people from attacking/negotiating nonstop. However, after 20+ successful battles, it becomes impossible to win. So you negotiate and lose a lot of goods. Is that really intended? Since we cannot defend vs the attacking guilds, the sectors will keep changing hands and the higher number of active members, the higher chance of getting more victory points. Is that also intended? Some people may choose to ignore this feature (like GvG not mainly because it's on browser only), but even if I want to get higher rewards, I need other 79 people to be active in fighting/negotiating.. Is this also intended?

Attrition level will also increase because the guilds will be upgrading their province buildings in the sectors. As a result, the successful battle number will decrease through the end of each round. Is this also intended? Again it goes back to the idea that the more numbers, the more points and early days of each round will determine the winner in the end. Is this also intended?
Thanks.
D.

DeletedUser115595

lol some of the comments in here are crazy funny because people simply do not read. Just because people like this concept doesn't mean they don't GVG, I belong to a family of 3 guilds, we all GVG when we can albiet one of the guilds in our fam, GVG's consistently (crazy mad actually), 2nd one is so so, then we have a training guild to learn GVG etc. by GM's who are pro's at GVG but still love this new feature. currently our guild is holding down 17 provinces, so obviously we like it.

My first thought with negotiations, was that could we buy an extra turn like we do in the GE? That would be a good feature to add imho.

Emberguard

Legend
why is there 2 threads for Guild Battlegrounds feedback ?
This one was the initial announcement thread to discuss the idea while it was still a concept. The other one was for GBG release. I've edited the title to differentiate it and am closing this thread as it’s no longer needed.

Any further discussion for GBG can be continued in the other thread which I’ve linked here: GuildBattlegrounds Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.