• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update to 1.165

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DeletedUser116515

Update doesn’t work on iPad air. only a spinning circle of death. I’m sure it’s great if you can get it to work

Clearpockets

Private
I really like that the taverns don't open when doing the "Pub Crawl", it makes it so much easier and quicker.
With the GB Fp donation update - Not a bad thing but it should have been in the Research section where you can only donate 1Fp or all of them. It would have been more use there. In the GB donation window it was possible to give 10 at a time. Perhaps something could be done in the next update.
The locking mechanism in the inventory will be handy.
I'm sorry but the message centre in the cultural settlements window is a real nuisance. I may get used to it but at the moment I wonder why, Why waste the time and resources on such a useless idea, when one generally spends so little time in that window. I don't mind if you take it out again.

Ati2

Legend
With the GB Fp donation update - Not a bad thing but it should have been in the Research section where you can only donate 1Fp or all of them. It would have been more use there. In the GB donation window it was possible to give 10 at a time.

How often do you need to put thousands of FPs into research in a matter of seconds?

DeletedUser111934

This update has not appeared yet but looks great. Looking forward to the GB timers and update to fp bar. Will be very gelpful

Clearpockets

Private
How often do you need to put thousands of FPs into research in a matter of seconds?
No need to put thousands, that's a bizarre comment. It would be useful,for instance, if you have 100 Fp's and want to put 40 on your research, then you have to click the 1 Fp button 40 times.

Ati2

Legend
No need to put thousands, that's a bizarre comment. It would be useful,for instance, if you have 100 Fp's and want to put 40 on your research, then you have to click the 1 Fp button 40 times.
Exactly. With GBs, however, you need to put on thousands of FPs in as little time as possible. Putting on, say 5,000 FPs with the "10 FP" button was 500 clicks. That's insane.

Ati2

Legend
You're right but it would be nice to be able to use fp packs direct from the inventory in the same way as donating to gbs
I can't comment on this. :D I can, however, say with absolute certainty that this was an extremely useful feature in the GBs section.

Boorg

Captain
I fairly regularly take 1st/2nd on 100+ lvl GBs but still haven't really needed more than 20k

These come back in an hour or two (usually in just a couple of minutes), so they're never tied up for too long, even if I take multiple first spots in high-level GBs.

Anyway, if I were to invest in neighbors, I would probably run out of FPs, as I would never know when those come back, or if they come back at all.

Like I said . . . . . .

What may be good for you is not necessarily good for everybody and vice versa.

Emberguard

Legend
I avoid investing in hoodies I don't know. Most of the time, they won't be around a week later, so it's not wise to "invest" in them. I understand that this is different in later eras.
Funny thing about investments. The highest yields tend to be highest risk. This is true in real life as well as FoE

Even a 10 FP button would be useful for research. Further down the research you go the higher the cost per tech. It's not that far in that you start to reach near to a hundred FPs on some of the techs. By Mars you need 300-400 FPs per tech

Update doesn’t work on iPad air. only a spinning circle of death. I’m sure it’s great if you can get it to work
Is that spinning circle in downloading the update from the store or in trying to load the app itself?

This update has not appeared yet but looks great. Looking forward to the GB timers and update to fp bar. Will be very gelpful
I haven't got it yet either but I know Apple releases in batches as sometimes my ipod gets it a day or two before my ipad.

Ati2

Legend
Funny thing about investments. The highest yields tend to be highest risk. This is true in real life as well as FoE

We're talking about level 4 Oracles... So nah, I'll skip... :D

Even a 10 FP button would be useful for research. Further down the research you go the higher the cost per tech. It's not that far in that you start to reach near to a hundred FPs on some of the techs. By Mars you need 300-400 FPs per tech

It's been a while since I've done any research, but can't you use your whole FP bar there?

Emberguard

Legend
Yes you can use your whole FP bar but that then restricts your research times to when you collect and whatever your collection happens to be.

Ati2

Legend
Yes you can use your whole FP bar but that then restricts your research times to when you collect and whatever your collection happens to be.
There. Problem solved. :D Anyway, I don't mind if there is an easier way to fut FPs into the tech tree.

DeletedUser653

It's because if you double-click, the 0 is no longer highlighted, the cursor is placed in front of it, and it will stay there, adding a x10 to everything you type. Of course, the GB might not have that many FPs left, so you carefully type "100," and might end up with "247" in the field. Not a single character of what you actually willingly typed. :D

The solution is simple enough: default the field to an empty string instead of zero.
+1 for me

But over all i think the best update we have ever had !!

DeletedUser107470

Not sure what the fuss is all about, no update released so far, so unable to post a positive remark about the update, 25th December coming so maybe Santa will deliver

Ati2

Legend
It's because if you double-click, the 0 is no longer highlighted, the cursor is placed in front of it, and it will stay there, adding a x10 to everything you type. Of course, the GB might not have that many FPs left, so you carefully type "100," and might end up with "247" in the field. Not a single character of what you actually willingly typed. :D

The solution is simple enough: default the field to an empty string instead of zero.
This is worse in the html5 version. In flash, I got this sometimes; in html5 I get it most (if not all) of the time.

Ati2

Legend
Also, having recently switched to html5, I noticed that incidents are now placed on top of other elements in the map, such as rocks, trees, whatever. This was not happening in the flash version. This may not be related to this release, but to the html5 version in general.

So my app has updated, happy days I have gb timers etc!

However, I still get the tavern popup when visiting? Was this a pc only change?

Forwandert

Major-General
Seems to be a visual issue with the update on android. I have some buildings I never collect or use unless I need to use them for production quests, the Zzzs above disappear and reappear, the ones waiting to collect the icon above does the same. Buildings are working fine and I can collect if needed but the visuals are a little messed up.