• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Moving 'AID' buttons

• Thread starter DeletedUser112085
  • Start date

DeletedUser112085

Proposal: Move the Aid button for friends/neighbours/Guild members

Reason: I play on a PC. The aid buttons are very narrow and right at the bottom of the screen immediately above the task bar. They are millimetres away from the program icons on my taskbar and aiding players in rapid succession invariable leads to my cursor clicking on a program icon.

Details: Move the 'AID' button from the bottom of the avatars to the top.

Visual Aids:

This is how the AID buttons currently sit on the screen

button.JPG

This is how I propose they be re-situated above the avatars

button moved.jpg

Balance/Abuse Prevention: no abuse. Purely for better gameplay.

DeletedUser112085

Move your task bar to the left. Problem solved.

So your suggestion is that players should reconfigure their desktops every time they want to play Forge of Empires? As opposed to the idea of moving the buttons to a more convenient place? I think that's generating problems, not solving them.

Agent327

Overlord
Not every time. Once you move your task bar it stays there.

Or you simply do not fill your task bar with every program on your system. You are causing your own problem. You can fix it yourself. Why should Inno put devs to work on something you can fix yourself?

BTW, you could also use small taskbar buttons to make it easier on you. Also there is something wrong either on your taskbar or browserwindow. I have more space between the aid buttons and the taskbar. I have full aid buttons. On yours a piece of the bottom is cut off.

Last edited:
i like the idea,have just done aiding on east nagach and hit things on bar twice,i like to keep the bar at the bottom for other programs

joesoap

Major-General
i find it perfectly fine where it is & if it moves i will constantly be clicking in the wrong place so -1

Emberguard

Legend
@Babelcolour how do you position your browser window? It shouldn’t be underneath the task bar like that if your browser and bar settings are right even in full screen mode

upload_2019-10-9_12-49-55.png

In windowed mode you can adjust the size to snap to each side of the screen and get even more space

upload_2019-10-9_12-53-4.png

If we went with your proposal you’d then be shifting the problem from aid to tavern which is an even smaller button.