• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Post your top 5 useless GB in FOE

DeletedUser111949

Hi guys. I heard in one FOE video that they have in plan to improve some of the GB which are almost useless and no one builds them anymore. I need your help to understand which should be the priority for the game. Maybe they will keep in mind our suggestions.
My top 5 (I am in Mars age).
1. Atomium (especially after age Arctic it become almost useless).
2. Colosseum (I don't need medals and the space is huge)
3. Gaea Statue (same as Colosseum)
4.Lotus Temple (gives happiness and coins ... useless)
5. Space Needle (same as Lotus).

DeletedUser111949

I think a good idea would be if GB that gives happiness except powerful ones like Alcatraz or Sofia to give an additional bonus (3 in total) this should be good.

Giskler

Legend
Top 5? Way more trash than that in the game

Never ever build ever:
1. Oracle
2. Colosseum
3. Notre dame
4. Gaea Statue
5. Lotus Temple
6. Space Needle
7. Capitol
8. Habitat
9. Virgo Project

Have their uses, but still meh:

10. Deal Castle
11. Stargazer
12. Saint Basil's Cathedral
13. Atomium
14. Frauenkirche of Dresen
15. Tower of Babel

The Mars GBs are especially disappointing. A level 8 Crow's Nest gives the same amount of goods as a level 10 Stargazer AND fps and coins on top. Can you say underwhelming?

Agent327

Overlord
Last edited:

Ceban

Brigadier-General
Hi guys. I heard in one FOE video that they have in plan to improve some of the GB which are almost useless and no one builds them anymore. I need your help to understand which should be the priority for the game. Maybe they will keep in mind our suggestions.
My top 5 (I am in Mars age).
1. Atomium (especially after age Arctic it become almost useless).
2. Colosseum (I don't need medals and the space is huge)
3. Gaea Statue (same as Colosseum)
4.Lotus Temple (gives happiness and coins ... useless)
5. Space Needle (same as Lotus).
5 simply isnt enough when you think how many useless GBs there is. 20 would be about right

DeletedUser111949

Show the video.

facebook.com/ForgeofEmpires/videos/304314516931060/ starting from minute 6:52

Are you a developer?????

No, but doesn't mean our ideas should be posted here

No they will not cause it is DNSL.

I don't know what is DNSL

DeletedUser111949

facebook.com/ForgeofEmpires/videos/304314516931060/ starting from minute 6:52

DeletedUser653

Top 5? Way more trash than that in the game

Never ever build ever:
1. Oracle
2. Colosseum
3. Notre dame
4. Gaea Statue
5. Lotus Temple
6. Space Needle
7. Capitol
8. Habitat
9. Virgo Project

Have their uses, but still meh:

10. Deal Castle
11. Stargazer
13. Atomium
15. Tower of Babel

The Mars GBs are especially disappointing. A level 8 Crow's Nest gives the same amount of goods as a level 10 Stargazer AND fps and coins on top. Can you say underwhelming?

Yep 100% agreed and have none of them. only strange one is that iron age player who gets the quest to build the oracle, should do so since the quest pays out the 40fp it costs to build it, but do not level it as you will be deleting it in 2 ages later.
You missed a few more:
Atlantis - only build if you are hard core plunder and i pretty much stop that stage of the game a few years ago.
Capital - a bit of supply and pop - just a waste of FP to have one of these
Royal Albert Hall- you can build lighthouse earlier and get it up to L10 and then no need for that massive capital
Dynamic tower - just a waste, more goods from sunken treasure and sleigh builders
Rain forest - built it but deleted it as soon as Arc got to Level 80, never be short of BP's with a L80 ARC
Seed vault - really a GB for supplies, much better GB to put fp into
Voyager - supplies again and a never ending leveling up to cover standard supply buildings

Decent guilds will help players to observatory and to ARC's even and completely bypass the need for a Atom.
Deal and Basil are needed if you want to max out Defense but they take up too much room for me.

DeletedUser653

So in summary these are useless to me and are not built
1. Oracle
2. Colosseum
3. Notre dame
4. Gaea Statue
5. Lotus Temple
6. Space Needle
7. Capitol
8. Habitat
9. Virgo Project
10. Deal Castle
11. Stargazer
13. Atomium
15. Tower of Babel
16. Atlantis
17. Capital
18. Royal Albert Hall
19. Dynamic tower
20. Rain forest
21. Seed vault
22. Voyager

Emberguard

Legend
What makes a GB great (or not) is determined by what it's compared against, what it'd be replacing and how long you stay in each age. A GB in Iron Age isn't trying to compete with something in Virtual Future and shouldn't be expected to.

For a player jumping ahead of their age in terms of obtaining GBs there are indeed a lot of GBs that would never be worth building. But for a player who is only going for current age and below some of those GBs still would be worth placing down even if deleted and replaced with something else later on. Sure you might say it's a waste of FPs, but if it gets you from point A to point B more effectively then tech tree + events you've obtained then it did its job though obviously not as effectively as skipping straight to what you'd need the most.

DeletedUser111359

While that's largely true Ember, the Oracle is just trash. It gets eclipsed by regular buildings too fast to be worth investing any FP into.

And the Colosseum is too big, and generates a resource (medals) that eventually becomes completely worthless.

Emberguard

Legend
The oracle was meant to be a learning tool so I don't expect much from it beyond learning the ropes (wouldn't complain if it were super amazing though, got 40+ sets in inventory for it :lol:)

Colosseum totally agree it's not worth touching. By the time you've spent the goods to build it you could already have access to the Hagia Sophia in EMA which would be worth keeping long term. The victory tower greatly outclasses the Colosseum almost straight away for medal production so you'd only really build the Colosseum for happiness

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
The question could have been based on an assumption that all the Great Buildings are equally easy to obtain.
The oracle is free of any input, starting FPs granted, blueprints granted, goods not needed.
And at the start of new age, it could have been upgraded to just worth keeping (small footprint and not bad happiness).

The ob, on the other hand, can help you start your own one man guild when you want to...

Anyhow, the colosseum is without question. Its uselessness should be an unanimous consensus. It makes a person wonder, why? Those who build it must have done so without a thought, without analysis. But the designers who put forward the building in the first place, what were they thinking? There must be a hidden purpose. Personally, I think the colosseum can be used for Trolling the swap threads, because in doing so, swap partners won colosseum blueprints...

Last edited:

Giskler

Legend
Yep 100% agreed and have none of them. only strange one is that iron age player who gets the quest to build the oracle, should do so since the quest pays out the 40fp it costs to build it, but do not level it as you will be deleting it in 2 ages later.
You missed a few more:
Atlantis - only build if you are hard core plunder and i pretty much stop that stage of the game a few years ago.
Capital - a bit of supply and pop - just a waste of FP to have one of these
Royal Albert Hall- you can build lighthouse earlier and get it up to L10 and then no need for that massive capital
Dynamic tower - just a waste, more goods from sunken treasure and sleigh builders
Rain forest - built it but deleted it as soon as Arc got to Level 80, never be short of BP's with a L80 ARC
Seed vault - really a GB for supplies, much better GB to put fp into
Voyager - supplies again and a never ending leveling up to cover standard supply buildings

Decent guilds will help players to observatory and to ARC's even and completely bypass the need for a Atom.
Deal and Basil are needed if you want to max out Defense but they take up too much room for me.
I listed Capitol and disagree on the rest.

DeletedUser116525

The game isn't just about efficiency.
Nothing wrong with building a city to look how you like it with the things you like the look of.
I'll eventually build GB's just for looks, when the need for FP's and whatever dwindle and I have the goods.
I like the lotus, it looks good, gaea is unusual, space needle looks good too.

Now with the auction thing, in time most cities will look the same, there's not going to be buildings won in events that people can't obtain in auctions so there's not going to be anything to see in a city where you think, I wonder where they got that building from, oh 2014 winter event, oh well they deserve it for being in the game for that long.

Now it's just a matter of selling your junk to get anything you want.
It's almost a sign of things coming to an end when the developer goes back in history and letting everything go free style, it's beginning to look like they're fluffing up the game to max out it's peak then sell the whole company to a new owner who will then drop off games like this that may be at it's end time, in need of a whole new thing.

DeletedUser111359

A DT will produce far more goods than a sleigh or sunken treasure, and cannot be pillaged at all. It will produce goods above your current development level. And it will never require a renovation, or One Up.

A capital isn't nearly as good as a Cape. But when you're Cape gets up above 80+, advancing it slows significantly, at which time it's cheaper to level up a Capital twice, than the Cape once.