• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Other Guild Vs Guild Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser99588

You all want too many fricken rules and restrictions which is what got us in this mess in the first place. Just learn to enjoy winning AND losing sectors rather than trying to manipulate the rules to paper over your weaknesses. We need less rules and restrictions to breathe life into it and it was far more active back in the day.

It should never have been easy to hold lots of land but because so many restrictions were added to try and stop ghost guilding, guild hopping, etc we have been left with this ridiculously farce of only being able to play at reset which to the devs credit they are finally attempting to resolve with the proposed changes. Will it be perfect? Of cause not nothing ever is as we all would like something different to each other but it will be a new challenge.

Personally the game was a lot more fun with less restrictions as you had greater amount of strategies to apply when you could move HQ as many times as you liked, delete defence and visit other guilds to help out. There was far greater involvement and yes you still had those that dominated but that will always be the case. There will always be guilds that are stronger and more committed to winning than others and that is the nature of gaming in general. All these changes because of the 'it'snot fair' moaners just led to a restrictive, less interesting game.

Some of the now prime land wasn't so good back when they got attacked daily by NPC and each defence lost a pip if it was next to rocks or NPC sectors at reset. It took some extra effort as you had to replace defence periodically which made it a bit of chore for the top guilds to maintain lower age maps. Doable but not all guilds are that committed and helped free up the lower maps for lower age players.

Rant on pause. Got to go out :)

DeletedUser115340

Guilds should have at least 3 members to participate in GVG.

Good idea, but I would put more than 3. Maybe 5 or even 10 would be a good choice and it would be harder to create ghost guilds.

and a very important rule then must be
only the players from that age are allowed to fight on that age

This has to be the one of the worst ideas that has been brought up here. First, a lot of map would be frozen as just few guilds would be able to fight there. Second, guilds in general might have 1 or 2 fighters who are in some mid ages (ME, PME, CE..). How do you plan people would help train lower era members in GvG if they were forbidden to fight anywhere except in their era?
Third, imagine you had only one map to fight on. It would be done in 5 min and it would get boring really soon. All higer era people would be focused only on AA map and almost all fighting would be going on there. With that happening not only AF/OF/VF/SAM goods in treasury would be useless. With time all lower era goods would become useless without people to fight there.

DeletedUser96901

This has to be the one of the worst ideas that has been brought up here.....
don't forget the context of my posting

so it would be ok for you that a guild must have 3 HMA players to be able to fight in HMA
but then not those 3 HMA players are fighting but mars age players with 500/300 boost ?

I don't get it
why should be guilds without those 3 HMA should be excluded ?
if then other players are fighting and not those 3

Good idea, but I would put more than 3. Maybe 5 or even 10 would be a good choice and it would be harder to create ghost guilds.
why not 40 ?

DeletedUser115340

Maybe I didn't express myself well. I think players age shouldn't impact on which map the guild can fight. I don't see any benefit in that. it's like thanatos said, too many restrictions.

We were all once low HMA players with low A/D boost and worked our way up to get to higher era and have higher boost. I don't see why we should be punished for that. Those HMA players should earn they way up as well. If they want to fight, they will be up against more powerful guilds/players until they do.

But to be honest, do SAM players usually fight such low eras? Not as much as I have see. We jump in to lower eras from time to time to help out the others if it's needed. But we haven't fought there in months beause there generally isn't a lot of interest. We had interest few months ago, helped them out then when they needed and now those players have moved up ages and fight on the other maps. If we weren't able to help them out, they would lose interest in GvG soon because it's too difficult for one or two players with low A/D to take down fully defended sector.

why not 40 ?

Now you are a bit exaggerating. 3 players imo isn't enough becuause it's easy to find another 2 players (or make them if you can't find them) and still have a ghost guild. I said 10 players because it's still a reasonable number and all guilds I see fighting in GvG (except ghost guilds) have more than 10 players.

DeletedUser

You all want too many fricken rules and restrictions which is what got us in this mess in the first place. Just learn to enjoy winning AND losing sectors rather than trying to manipulate the rules to paper over your weaknesses.

Well said, fix the current bugs and leave it alone:)

KronikPillow

Sergeant
I would love to see Inno ban 1 man guilds from GvG, while not applying the min 3 players rule as it is in GE, to prevent ghosting, a guild should have at least I dunno, 15-20 members to be able to play GvG .....

DeletedUser96901

while not applying the min 3 players rule as it is in GE
the rule where you can fully participate but don't get compete in a ranking to get extra percentages

which 1 or 2-player guilds are in the top 3 places of a GvG map to get the percentages there ?

Ceban

Brigadier-General
quoting lady M:
''
Hello Kings and Queens,

We wanted to give you all an update to the progress we've made based on the Community's comments for the GvG changes. The Community Managers have shared your feedback with the development team, and we've started to make some adjustments to our plans to reflect the Community's opinions. The bulk of the changes are still in progress, but we wanted to keep you in the loop on where we are at after taking into consideration your feedback.

For details on what the changes are, please see above for the original post. The changes we will implement as per our original announcement are:

• Camera Focus when returning to the map
  • Changes to the confirmation checkboxes when placing Siege and Defensive Armies
  • Removal of Bronze Age Units from the All Age map
The main reason for going ahead with these changes as they were announced was due to no significant criticisms for these specific proposals were given. With this in mind, the listed changes above will be added to Beta shortly, and then to live markets in the upcoming weeks.

The other topics discussed in the original post, as well as any bugfixes are still in progress, so look out for more information on these, but we are taking community feedback into consideration when shaping these changes further.

As always, thank you for providing us with your invaluable input, as this helps us to shape changes and adjustments to better suit the community's needs.

Your Forge of Empires Team''

So am i noob or for siege nothing changed after all?

DeletedUser653

quoting lady M:''
So am i noob or for siege nothing changed after all?
Big change for top guilds who are used to filling with spears or sieging with spears

Ceban

Brigadier-General
Big change for top guilds who are used to filling with spears or sieging with spears
all that i know, i am asking about siegeing, about spears, its change in favour of big guilds cause now they wont be sieged by boring spear ghost craps anymore, now if they want to ghost they will have to do it with proper troops.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
after update almost all players lost thousands of battles but some didnt lose none or almost none, can we get some explanation wich battle got removed???

DeletedUser653

all that i know, i am asking about siegeing, about spears, its change in favour of big guilds cause now they wont be sieged by boring spear ghost craps anymore, now if they want to ghost they will have to do it with proper troops.

Actually the other way round, real pain for top guilds. Top guilds used spears to add DA to LZ sectors and would release them before reset. If after reset another guild hits one we can normally kill the siege and steal it very quickly, if we get to point where nothing left to fight we hit those released spears to protect our LZ borders. (archers are not so bad little 2x2 building) :lol::lol:8-)

DeletedUser112017

Changes implemented are great, good work!

No more spear fillings by large guilds in AA is just too good, now it's possible to force them to lose hundreds of troops without any personal loss whatsoever :) So if they want to keep that land, make them pay for it :)

However, as already mentioned, even if it was announced, sieges were not changed, placing DAs was.

And another question, what about other crucial changes, can we expect them to be implemented in a proposed or modified form anytime soon?

DeletedUser653

You all want too many fricken rules and restrictions which is what got us in this mess in the first place. Just learn to enjoy winning AND losing sectors rather than trying to manipulate the rules to paper over your weaknesses. We need less rules and restrictions to breathe life into it and it was far more active back in the day.

It should never have been easy to hold lots of land but because so many restrictions were added to try and stop ghost guilding, guild hopping, etc we have been left with this ridiculously farce of only being able to play at reset which to the devs credit they are finally attempting to resolve with the proposed changes. Will it be perfect? Of cause not nothing ever is as we all would like something different to each other but it will be a new challenge.

Personally the game was a lot more fun with less restrictions as you had greater amount of strategies to apply when you could move HQ as many times as you liked, delete defence and visit other guilds to help out. There was far greater involvement and yes you still had those that dominated but that will always be the case. There will always be guilds that are stronger and more committed to winning than others and that is the nature of gaming in general. All these changes because of the 'it'snot fair' moaners just led to a restrictive, less interesting game.

Some of the now prime land wasn't so good back when they got attacked daily by NPC and each defence lost a pip if it was next to rocks or NPC sectors at reset. It took some extra effort as you had to replace defence periodically which made it a bit of chore for the top guilds to maintain lower age maps. Doable but not all guilds are that committed and helped free up the lower maps for lower age players.

Rant on pause. Got to go out :)

in the old days we never had the HQ restricted to one move a night, so if guild broke past you they could take 20 sectors. Now no myu suggestion we should do this as in top guild but it would inject much more life into GvG for all other guilds ;)

DeletedUser653

Changes implemented are great, good work!

No more spear fillings by large guilds in AA is just too good, now it's possible to force them to lose hundreds of troops without any personal loss whatsoever :) So if they want to keep that land, make them pay for it :)

However, as already mentioned, even if it was announced, sieges were not changed, placing DA's was.

And another question, what about other crucial changes, can we expect them to be implemented in a proposed or modified form anytime soon?
Rubbish, we just build spears. top guilds have far more resources so building 200 spears a night is easy across 80 players

Status
Not open for further replies.