• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Cultural Settlements - Feudal Japan

• Thread starter DeletedUser104881
  • Start date

Blitz Epidemic

Warrant Officer
I finished the Vikings settlement, L9 Yggdrasil and 2 L5 Greater Runestones.

I absolutely HATE the feudal Japanese settlement! It is extremely slow to start, pricing for expansions are way, way too much, buildings are too big, too many boulders in the way, you only get 1 expansion per good before prices jump. 1st expansion 8 goods, 2nd expansion 19 goods...Yiou're forcing us to negotiate with the Merchant, which means we lose goods and possible diamonds like GE.

For what? 2 special buildings that are similar to any special building lately in a typical Event. I'm not wasting my time on this one.

DeletedUser107692

It is extremely slow to start, pricing for expansions are way, way too much, buildings are too big, too many boulders in the way, you only get 1 expansion per good before prices jump. 1st expansion 8 goods, 2nd expansion 19 goods...Yiou're forcing us to negotiate with the Merchant, which means we lose goods and possible diamonds like GE.

I agree, it's very slow to start but it's exactly the same as it was with the vikings. But all you have to do is rush to the market and you're golden.
Yeah, expansions are expensive but they have to be otherwise it wouldn't be well balanced with the vendor.
I don't like the negotiating with the vendor much either, I'd rather outright buy the goods.
Yes, the buildings are a bit too big and the rocks seem to be much more annoying than with the vikings but we don't have a lot of data on that yet, might just be bad luck so far.

DeletedUser113402

I find it strange that it goes out of its way to promote a speed run challenge, and then not only is the x4 thing completely random, but the merchant getting favorable (or unneeded) resources can completely change your time... and this compounds with that having the same x4 dice. A single lucky roll of x4 instruments on your first set of trade offers could easily put you 4 expansions ahead, while getting unlucky and not rolling instruments at all until you can craft them normally could put you way behind. The obstacles and the random advancement costs are fine (you can see those the moment you start your settlement, and plan accordingly), but if a building is going to be based entirely on speed running, the RNG shouldn't have that large of a hidden influence on your run. I would suggest changing the x4 to some kind of mechanic where an off-grid building like the merchant controls it, and you click it to activate it as a 1 use buff, which applies to the next collection or negotiation. Give it a short (4 hours?) cooldown, but a maximum number of uses per run, which increases based on the number of completions (similar to how the chance of rolling it increases now) and you could give it the same effective power level, but not rely on dice, especially in those later runs with much shorter gold timers.

I find it strange that it goes out of its way to promote a speed run challenge, and then not only is the x4 thing completely random, but the merchant getting favorable (or unneeded) resources can completely change your time... and this compounds with that having the same x4 dice. A single lucky roll of x4 instruments on your first set of trade offers could easily put you 4 expansions ahead, while getting unlucky and not rolling instruments at all until you can craft them normally could put you way behind. The obstacles and the random advancement costs are fine (you can see those the moment you start your settlement, and plan accordingly), but if a building is going to be based entirely on speed running, the RNG shouldn't have that large of a hidden influence on your run. I would suggest changing the x4 to some kind of mechanic where an off-grid building like the merchant controls it, and you click it to activate it as a 1 use buff, which applies to the next collection or negotiation. Give it a short (4 hours?) cooldown, but a maximum number of uses per run, which increases based on the number of completions (similar to how the chance of rolling it increases now) and you could give it the same effective power level, but not rely on dice, especially in those later runs with much shorter gold timers.
I think the x4 thing is myth, I've certainly not had any :(

DeletedUser96901

the merchant even without x4 has a big influence

it depends on the offers he give
my first run: 3 times soy. ouch. that hurts. the worst possible offers after unlocking the merchant
my second settlement: paintings, armor & instruments. jackpot. 3 expansions for 8 goods each

DeletedUser107692

my first run: 3 times soy. ouch. that hurts. the worst possible offers after unlocking the merchant

3 times soy is undoubtedly the worst possible outcome but even the worst outcome is still a great outcome. Resources other than soy allow you to build expansions immediately and produce more soy, etc. Getting a lot of soy though gets you the armorer quicker and you then get to place your expansions the "normal" way. Whatever you get, it always has a big impact on your game(that's why you should always rush the merchant). The fact that you're already on your second run attests to that.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Honestly I don't find the timer reward worth going after in this one...
The Greater Runestone was awesome because it was basically a double-output SoK that added on a couple medals and an extra nudge of atk% bonus. (arguably the best bonus in the game)
Yet the new Timeless Dojo is bigger, (3x3 vs. 2x2), has worse fp per square production, and gives a random unit vs. a couple pips of extra atk% bonus.

I find the real prize here is the main building - the Shinto Temple, and the 2 extra +fp emissaries.

Hopefully the Egyptians will bring a much better timed prize when they eventually show up?! ;)

DeletedUser104623

For me would be great if merchant has also fighting possibility, same as in GE where you can choose between negotiation and fight.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
At least the Merchant negotiation costs are nice and sane, and in line with GE average costs, unlike the total and utter clusterfeth that are the Daily Challenge negotiating costs. ;)

I haven't been paying enough attention to my settlement and messed up the last quest but the 1st one will be finished in a couple of hours, 2 ½ days inside the time.

Much easier and more enjoyable than Vikings, I may even do it a second time!

DeletedUser107470

Only challenge in this addition is to complete it with out receiving a bonus payout, Well on the way to achieving that goal,

Unklelol

Private
I quite enjoyed it. Found it relatively easy to complete in the 2nd time zone.. Got distracted which is why i didnt do it in the shortest time. compared to Vikings it is easier to compete.
I think the merchant is great and a big bonus. You do not need to spend diamonds. If you gey it wrong try again, simple. Mostly I would solve it 1st time but sometimes would take 2 or 3 turns
A different layout makes it more interesting. You have to think about the impediments but they are workable around
As with vikings you do need to watch what and how much of every thing you produce and be prepared to change buildings. Use the merchant. by the end of the quest you will have a better idea of waht you need to finish. The merchant can also help with the final quest

Hopefully there will be a small little differfence twist in the Egypyian quest

DeletedUser116753

Hello.
Having completed the first level of Feudal Japan, I can say that the graphics are very nice, and the colors much more acceptable, for the eye, compared to the endless white of Viking's terrain.
I have a small objection, about the 5 pcs of Shrine of Knowledge, given as a reward, when a player completes 13 tasks.
I think players who have completed all 15 levels of Vikings, could claim a full-size Greater Runestone Selection Kit + 50 FPs, after each level beyond the first 15.
For these players, the Great Runestone is much more powerful than the Shrine of Knowledge and this reward is without any practical use.
So, please, consider the idea of providing a choice, to players who have completed all 15 levels of Vikings, between Shrine of Knowledge and a Greater Runestone Selection Kit. I think this would be a much more fair reward, for the continuity of their efforts.
If special buildings of cultural settlements provide better rewards than Shrines, as the game develops, maybe it would be a motivation for all players to complete as many levels they can.
Thank you.
Kind regards.
Spinspan

Agent327

Overlord
So, please, consider the idea of providing a choice, to players who have completed all 15 levels of Vikings, between Shrine of Knowledge and a Greater Runestone Selection Kit. I think this would be a much more fair reward, for the continuity of their efforts.
If special buildings of cultural settlements provide better rewards than Shrines, as the game develops, maybe it would be a motivation for all players to complete as many levels they can.
Thank you.
Kind regards.
Spinspan

You get more Greater Runestone Selection Kits if you continue to complete the Viking settlement. No reason to change the prizes for Feudakl Japan.

DeletedUser96901

this 2nd japanese building is better than a greater runestone
:P

a 4 FP building is better than 2 FP building
because you need to do twice the amount of viking settlements to get the same amount of FP

why do you want a SoK
the GRS is better

so why should I chose between SoK and GRS kit for finishing the vikings more often ?

I would suggest player could select between the 50 FP regular reward or a GRS kit
I don't do it for 50 FP

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser116753

What would you like to see?
Hello Dudettas.
Why not some parallel action of cultural settlements, at first place?
Like in real life, with parallel enterprises.
Everything new is acceptable, for sure, but why to put aside a part of the game (and efforts) for it?

What else?
More puzzles.
Maybe some kind of quest or action for a "special good", for each era?
It's a game with references to history.
Imagine people that discovered iron, during the Bronze Age.
Just an idea.

Thank you.
Kind regards.
Spinspan

DeletedUser116753

this 2nd japanese building is better than a greater runestone
:P

a 4 FP building is better than 2 FP building
because you need to do twice the amount of viking settlements to get the same amount of FP

why do you want a SoK
the GRS is better

so why should I chose between SoK and GRS kit for finishing the vikings more often ?

I would suggest player could select between the 50 FP regular reward or a GRS kit
I don't do it for 50 FP
I don't ask of a Shrine of Knowledge.