• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Why people complain about attack and plunder

DeletedUser117971

Maybe there ought to be a tick box: PvP or not????
So players can "Opt Out" of being bullied and attacked by players much further into the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been attacked & plundered 3 times in a week by the same person "Achilles the red 633" They seem to think it's allowed and doesn't care. 3 times in a week is bullying.
Only 3 times in a week? Could be 7 as you can attack every 24 hours.

What are you doing to counter it? Defending army, collecting on time etc etc

Emberguard

Legend
I've been attacked & plundered 3 times in a week by the same person "Achilles the red 633" They seem to think it's allowed and doesn't care. 3 times in a week is bullying.
If 3 times a week is bullying, what would not be bullying? Have you given it any thought as to what counter measures could be taken? Have you tried outproducing plunderers?

Nobody signs up to a game expecting to hold back or play with one hand behind their back without a reason for it. If this were chess for example when I play I’m going to expect the opponent to take out my Queen if it advances their game so I adjust accordingly.

It’s important to know what rules your opponent is playing by when thinking up strategies so I’ll help you out by telling you what those rules are. When a plunderer attacks the following restrictions apply:

- one item upto 24 hrs from the time of a successful attack
- once they attack they cannot aid for that 24hrs
- they can never touch:
Motivated buildings
All Age buildings (buildings that auto upgrade to current age)
Great Buildings
Unfinished or disconnected productions
Unit buildings​

Maybe there ought to be a tick box: PvP or not????
There is - Iron Age technology (the one with the sword) unlocks PvP

If it were done for the rest of the game then beyond other problems it’d create you’d have the issue of how to keep 4 GBs players built up around PvP remotely useable (plunder GBs +defence GBs) and what to do with all the event buildings players spent money on building defence.

DeletedUser117971

We are all struggling to collect goods & coins. I have deleted a city in one world before when I was being attacked & plundered daily by a bully who responded to my messages asking him to stop with "Tough". Recently when there's been new neighbours, all they want to do is attack & delay plunder, probably visiting many times to see what's available no doubt. These are getting knocked off the Polish & Motivate list. Being attacked by someone several levels above is bullying, and needs to be stopped. Attacking is really only required in a quest, and then it doesn't say Plunder too!!! Perhaps it might be polite to ask: " can I attack for a quest?" A bit of respect in the game please.

Emberguard

Legend
@mick9600 when you say attack and delay plundering. Do they actually plunder or just delay? Some players will attack just to get the Himeji Castle rewards for a successful battle.

We are all struggling to collect goods & coins. I have deleted a city in one world before when I was being attacked & plundered daily by a bully who responded to my messages asking him to stop with "Tough". Recently when there's been new neighbours, all they want to do is attack & delay plunder, probably visiting many times to see what's available no doubt. These are getting knocked off the Polish & Motivate list. Being attacked by someone several levels above is bullying, and needs to be stopped. Attacking is really only required in a quest, and then it doesn't say Plunder too!!! Perhaps it might be polite to ask: " can I attack for a quest?" A bit of respect in the game please.

just collect on time and ignore the attacks

DeletedUser

. Attacking is really only required in a quest, and then it doesn't say Plunder too!!! .

plunder quest.jpg

DeletedUser117971

"Or research a technology"...
So Plunder is NOT a requirement????

DeletedUser117971

Only 3 times in a week? Could be 7 as you can attack every 24 hours.

What are you doing to counter it? Defending army, collecting on time etc etc
Shouldn't have to be bullied by players further in the game, with huge armies which can walk over mere mortals.

DeletedUser

Oh yeah, I'll collect at 3.00am then, when I should be asleep. Stuff that.

just use the tavern shield on 24hrs before you go to bed,then collect about an hr before bedtime next day,each time you collect it does get later and later each time you only need to use shield when you want to bring it all back to suit you,,,,same if you want to sync everything to get collections of everything at the same time,,,simples

Galladhorn

Monarch
Hoods have been imballanced for a very long time. With the amount of players it is apparently difficult to level out.
Secondary the option for Camping would also even out the imballances even if the hoods would be more pure Era.

Plundering can be frustrating, especially in the early parts of the game but it is never the less a part of the game – There is even GB´s that enhances the chances of better plundering outputs. So players complaining about it are off the wrong foot – but at times it can be that they jumped to game due to campaigns selling FoE mainly as a city builder game. I have seen some of these campaings both in Germany and Denmark. One can claim that it is up to the player to read the "Start" info and Guides, but with the speed of the internet I am guessing it is often no the case.

I recall when I started playing in 2013, one dude kept plundering me and I hated him for it – never said anything but it was frustrating never the less.
At some point I had progressed above him and took action – it was two year laters or so. After I had gotten my little revenge I just left it by that.
There are a few high ranks around on Arvhall that nearly always plunders, but in SAM I do not really care – it does not affect my game and if to many of them comes to the hood at the same I just press the City Wall and thats it. I do not use boost for my play so I can run the Wall for a very long time if I chose to. Some of those have actually learned that there are no points or anyhting to gain from my city if they plunder for each attack, so a couple of them have stopped doing it.

I would though advice plundering players to be casual about their plundering – plundering the same players every single day is annoying for new players that often do not have a clue how to protect against it. Some will for sure leave the game because of it.

That said plundering is part of the game and that is it – everybody has to learn to deal with it – Collect on Time, Run City Walls, Change Defense Setup if the attacking player is nearly only making the wins, or chose the two spearmen option so that the attacker does not get any points (is asking for plundering) but never the less it is a way.

If on level attack back and plunder accordingly – If a little below level, then put some Boosts together and maximize the attack just letting the other player know that you can actually attack him or her and plunder too – The very few times I did this the plundering stopped.

I also helped freinds beeing completely plundered all the time – Went for the Attacker and and plundered him, leaving a message with a solution – Plundering stopped, the plundered player put up a defense force and the issue was settled.

Having strong freinds and Guildies is surely something to aim for considering the time needed for this never ending game.
I do like players that actually write that they do plunder or the opposite only attack for points.
That way it is easy to read the hood and act accordingly.

And for plundering play style it is actually often not that difficult to spot when a player is really new or have not really fully grasped the game – thats where a little message comes in handy e.g "Hey you know that you can plundered after a successful attack – remember to collect on time". After that there is really nothing to complain about. Warning was given, up to the players to react on it or be plundered.

Personally I do not plunder, I do not even do PvP regulary – but I understand the players who do and wants bit of action, but frankly there are much better games with macthed play that will get the exitement curve much higher and the reward of winning feeling much better. FoE is a sleeper in this regard.

DeletedUser7059

I plunder my hood but only those with no defence, which to me is their fault. Why have GB's which give you plundering bonuses if you don't use it. I must say if a player does ask me to stop and they have a reasonable reason I do tend to stop. I don't consider plundering daily as bullying, it's just a feature of the game.

blimey cant read all that lol,,,you only need city wall up if your changing collection time or syncing everything to collect at same time so once in a blue moon,,once youve got that sorted nothing wrong with being attacked just let them get on with it

Last edited: