• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Why people complain about attack and plunder

DeletedUser1081

See, it's just like I said: Some players insist that it's a war game. :rolleyes:

In any case GvG is not related to plundering, which is the topic of this thread.
Plundering is also not like it would be in a war game - as Gate2 herself has noted elsewhere.
That's because FoE isn't a war game. It's a city-building game, with some battle-like sidelines thrown in.

DeletedUser99588

Well FoE is not a war game of any depth that is for sure but it is also wrong to say its just a city building game with some extras. It is what you want it to be whether that is a nice looking city or one filled with barracks for fighting (obviously many fall in between these two extremes). This is something I like about the game as it caters for more than one playing style.

DeletedUser15432

I my largest city points wise, I tend to attack most of the players in my hood on a daily basis and have done for some considerable time, if there are goods/coins/supplies left lying around I tidy their city up by collecting them, however, if the city is tidy, I do not generally go back and look for plunderable items later in the day. I admit I am a wargamer but also like to build cities so this game has the best of both worlds for me

At the moment I am stalled on map advance as I need to develop better troops but the research costs are horrendous as you get to higher ages i.e. 110 forge points or more for a single technology so with other commitments can take up to 10 days to research a single technology

DeletedUser102944

Further to your thread being attacked
I am the wrong era being attacked by tanks and rockets all I can defend myself with is Muskets & cannon.
Administrator says nothing can be done.
I am attacked at least once an hour, with no chance of defending myself

DeletedUser5180

Further to your thread being attacked
I am the wrong era being attacked by tanks and rockets all I can defend myself with is Muskets & cannon.
Administrator says nothing can be done.
I am attacked at least once an hour, with no chance of defending myself

hi roy and welcome to the forums. unfortunately colonnial age troops have little chance against PME troops. have you recently been moved into another hood.?

there are a few different threads regarding this

DeletedUser14186

I can see you guys argue whether the game is a war or not war games, but the truth is its both. The only thing that should fixed here maybe the balancing sa random selection for setting up people neighborhood in a certain AGE/ERA. Like a neighborhood should only stick on a same AGE/ERA after Iron AGE. because its not really fun when there is 3 different ERA/AGE in the neighborhood.

Like in our neighborhood, I am only at High Middle Age, and I attack/plunder all people in Late Middle Age and Early Middle Age, I really find easy attacking people at Early Age and Kinda bit challenging for Late Middle Age. Most complainers in our neighborhood are in my same age and Late Middle Age, they even reported me for bullying or blackmailing which I didn't do to them. I attacked/Plunder them on my daily playing activities. I did try to negotiate but they declined, Well for me Harvesting plundered goods was always better than Motivating my House/Supply Building because it costs both right?

I don't know if my playing style is wrong because I am worried if I can get banned for being so aggressive warmonger and some people asking me not to attack/Plunder them I only replied to them "we should have Peace Negotiation" (which includes demands and rules). I am not really sure if this is illegal or not, I am playing in this world last July 2014 (3 months from today), And since I entered Early Middle Age last August, I receive a lot of threats from Guild leader and some players in my message box but I intended to ignored it because I am thinking that they still don't know are the possible game style of the game to play yet.

I played Civilization V, and the game has included a Diplomacy features which FoE doesn't have. I play FoE with the game preference of Civ V was it bad? Although I am not complaining really, I am just curious and worried because most of people that hates my guts and playing style, calls it bullying and blackmailing. And they message me that they reported me about what I've done to them, not only them but their guild leaders too. Was it bullying and blackmailing? I know its really bad to do it because everyone who does it, gets ban-hammer in this game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15501

I played Civilization V, and the game has included a Diplomacy features which FoE doesn't have. I play FoE with the game preference of Civ V was it bad? Although I am not complaining really, I am just curious and worried because most of people that hates my guts and playing style, calls it bullying and blackmailing. And they message me that they reported me about what I've done to them, not only them but their guild leaders too. Was it bullying and blackmailing? I know its really bad to do it because everyone who does it, gets ban-hammer in this game.

I see nothing wrong with how you play this game, plunder and negotiate away you won't get banned for that. I also plunder when I see there are goods to plunder, otherwise I don't mind and I certainly don't check back every 10 minutes to see if their goods are ready. Unless someone has plundered me first, then we have a little plunder war which can also be fun. I never attack guild mates of my plunderers though to get back at them as they have nothing to do with this. All in all everyone has their own style of play and as long as you don't threaten or harm people in real life over it then it's fine and within the spirit of the game. :-)

DeletedUser653

I can see you guys argue whether the game is a war or not war games, but the truth is its both. The only thing that should fixed here maybe the balancing sa random selection for setting up people neighborhood in a certain AGE/ERA. Like a neighborhood should only stick on a same AGE/ERA after Iron AGE. because its not really fun when there is 3 different ERA/AGE in the neighborhood.
AGREED and we have been saying this to inno for well over a year and nothing every comes back from them, its seems our views on this matter are of no interest to them :(

Like in our neighborhood, I am only at High Middle Age, and I attack/plunder all people in Late Middle Age and Early Middle Age, I really find easy attacking people at Early Age and Kinda bit challenging for Late Middle Age. Most complainers in our neighborhood are in my same age and Late Middle Age, they even reported me for bullying or blackmailing which I didn't do to them. I attacked/Plunder them on my daily playing activities. I did try to negotiate but they declined, Well for me Harvesting plundered goods was always better than Motivating my House/Supply Building because it costs both right?

I don't know if my playing style is wrong because I am worried if I can get banned for being so aggressive warmonger and some people asking me not to attack/Plunder them I only replied to them "we should have Peace Negotiation" (which includes demands and rules). I am not really sure if this is illegal or not, I am playing in this world last July 2014 (3 months from today), And since I entered Early Middle Age last August, I receive a lot of threats from Guild leader and some players in my message box but I intended to ignored it because I am thinking that they still don't know are the possible game style of the game to play yet.

Nothing wrong in that playing style, you being a lot nicer than many players in that you offer a option of peace. For the first 6 months I lead every tower in server A and during that time you only got medals from PvP. I would every single day take out 80 players and plunder all I could including going back to check on players whom had nothing I could plunder. Its very fair and just part of the game. Another player had no troops and 6 goods buildings, I had no goods buildings and about 10 troops so the only way i could get goods was by plundering.

Strangely I gave up most of the plundering/PVPing when the GB's were given out and players started to amass massive medal totals, much bigger then mine but they had only 200 battles v's my 3000.

FOE is a war game and a city building game, so you can play at war, at city building or even mix the two

Enjoy

eeyore

Corporal
My biggest issue is with those players who attack and plunder other players every day who are 2-3 ages back with no real way to defend themselves. It certainly can take the fun out of the game for the other players especially when you can get stuck in a hood for 6+ months. Sure they have options in terms of the production cycle length but, if all you are doing is setting runs at 24hrs to reduce/prevent plundering it greatly reduced your rate of advancement and gaming options. If in the early stages of the game you get into the routine of just logging in for a few minutes at the same time every day to collect your 24hr runs i think many players will soon get bored and quit the game.

I know of and have seen a number of players shut down cities and wait until they get moved to a new hood before resuming play due to constant plundering. Personally i see no need to plunder other players, and so i don't.

This is exactly my point. It is disheartening and puts me off, to be quite frank. Those with wishes to be "evil" characters should play another game.

Yes it was wasn't it, but the aspects have remained the same; getting plundered seems to cause such great emotional distress for some though.

Emberguard

Legend
I'm not going to tell anyone that if they don't like plundering they shouldn't play. It'd be far better for the player if they can use the opportunity as a learning experience that can be used in other areas of life as well

Rather I would give them some questions to ask themselves:
1. Why are you so upset at losing things in the game?
2. What's the worst that could happen?
3. What would be required to overcome/counter the plundering?

Now the worst that could happen would certainly have been worse back when the thread was created due to the neighbourhood system changing since then to only current age neighbours for the most part. But there are ways to get around plundering if you understand what can or cannot be plundered

DeletedUser14704

Emberguard, it's not a "learning experience" when the neighbourhoods get too unbalanced. After years of negative feedback, Inno finally saw the light about two years ago and introduced "fairer" neighbourhoods and the complaints shrunk. But, they've slowly been allowing the same horrendous situation to sneak back into the game, especially on the aggro worlds (or pay to win in the case of L world|) and once again the hugely top-heavy hoods are back with usually one guild dominating the numbers, they won't even pit them against each other.
Just taken ages to encourage a fairly new to game guildie to give the game another try after he quit following months of having his city virtually closed down by persistent plundering. His HMA army couldn't even dent one Hovertank so he couldn't progress at all as all his goods, supplies and gcs were stolen.
Inno need to honour their promise of hoods where the majority are in the same era, and nobody is more than 1 era apart, stopallowing the rigging that keeps single guilds dominating the top section instead of pitting their members against other guilds, and stop the data mining that allows the hardened plunderers to time their attacks to perfection to raid a specific good or building.

DeletedUser117425

if the game allow something you can do it, maybe some actions have negatives at the social aspect of the game, and maybe they are plain dumb but that is in the end your choice to make.

if you can convince everyone in your friend list to donate 1000 fp to your gb`s thanks to your grand negotiation skills, why not?
you could even trade and then renege on it.
sure, most people abide by social conventions precisely because they are that, but its not a hard-coded integral part of the game like a button "attack" or 'aid" you can press
if you get kicked out of every guild because you love to plunder and snipe your guild mates, that is also within the frame of the game.
if you just want to build a beautiful city, and pick 20 nice looking goods buildings that produce 6 goods in 2 days, well why, you can do that too!
one may also complain or wheel and deal against people who plunder you because that is also in the scope of the game.
one may even ignore such people since there is an official button for it.

DeletedUser117425

muffinmule, i would really love to have the learning experience how one can end up in the situation you describe.

i can imagine one freak incident where one person would shift so many ages before a hood change, but one incident does not equate to months of being plundered.

"Why people complain about attack and plunder"

Maybe because you plunder every day?

We all attack and sometimes plunder, I do it around 3 times a week and only those who haven't aided me, before every attack I go to the town hall and return aid to every neighbor, I go back up to 2, sometimes 3 days and then attack and plunder the rest- its a part of the game, nobody complains about that. But plunder someone daily and he will think you are picking on them specifically for some reason.

DeletedUser99588

Attack as many as you can. Plunder as many as you can. That is what the game designers envisaged when they created the game. Embrace it, enjoy it and if your on the the wrong end of it adapt to to avoid it.

DeletedUser117971

I've been attacked & plundered 3 times in a week by the same person "Achilles the red 633" They seem to think it's allowed and doesn't care. 3 times in a week is bullying.