• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Space Age Mars

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DeletedUser111428

Has anyone found that it is very hard to get microbes? In my world everyone is looking for it, in our guild only one member has deposit (out of 8). Even RQ "seems" to give them less compared to others.
In my Guild, several members (including myself) can easily produce Mars Microbes and Lubricants from their colonies, so we are not facing this issue as we speak :)

DeletedUser111428

Wow...the fact that ONLY 3 Arvahall players built the Star Gazer illustrate how terrible this Great Building is; if only InnoGames would admit that it was a bad decision to not include a Second Bonus and then do something about it...so I am very sorry for those who built this GB, regardless of all the warnings that have been given in this Forum ;)

Same applies for The Virgo Project; yes a bit more players built it on Arvahall...BUT...the player who has the most Levels for it only has 12...and this Age was released several weeks ago! So, again, for those who built this GB (and regardless of all the warnings that have been given in this Forum) they will have a very tough time to get additional Blueprints to raise this GB to higher levels (of course it will happen but at the cost of an extremely long delay)

Offering an interesting 2nd Bonus to the Star Gazer and allowing The Virgo Project to be used for PvP (or at least increase the chance % and the # of attempts) would have helped a bit more these 2 GBs from being more attractive, so it is quite sad to see that, for the very first time, ALL Great Buildings associated to a given Era have been ignored by players for very good reasons. InnoGames, now is your chance to admit that you were wrong and to do something about it, since it is not too late ;)

But...who am I kidding? ;)

Attachments

• Star Gazer.png
    Star Gazer.png
    31.9 KB · Views: 142
  • Virgo.png
    Virgo.png
    69 KB · Views: 139

MP75

Master Corporal
Wow...the fact that ONLY 3 Arvahall players built the Star Gazer illustrate how terrible this Great Building is; if only InnoGames would admit that it was a bad decision to not include a Second Bonus and then do something about it...so I am very sorry for those who built this GB, regardless of all the warnings that have been given in this Forum ;)

Same applies for The Virgo Project; yes a bit more players built it on Arvahall...BUT...the player who has the most Levels for it only has 12...and this Age was released several weeks ago! So, again, for those who built this GB (and regardless of all the warnings that have been given in this Forum) they will have a very tough time to get additional Blueprints to raise this GB to higher levels (of course it will happen but at the cost of an extremely long delay)

Offering an interesting 2nd Bonus to the Star Gazer and allowing The Virgo Project to be used for PvP (or at least increase the chance % and the # of attempts) would have helped a bit more these 2 GBs from being more attractive, so it is quite sad to see that, for the very first time, ALL Great Buildings associated to a given Era have been ignored by players for very good reasons. InnoGames, now is your chance to admit that you were wrong and to do something about it, since it is not too late ;)

But...who am I kidding? ;)
I'll build The Star Gazer on East-Nagach but i don't have the goods needed yet because all my goods are going on tech researches which requires a lot of them,i'm on the last 4 techs and i guess i'll finish them in about a month or maybe a little bit more.50 Virtual Future goods at level 10 it's a good income for a 5x5 building,that's why i plan to build it.

DeletedUser111428

I'll build The Star Gazer on East-Nagach but i don't have the goods needed yet because all my goods are going on tech researches which requires a lot of them,i'm on the last 4 techs and i guess i'll finish them in about a month or maybe a little bit more.50 Virtual Future goods at level 10 it's a good income for a 5x5 building,that's why i plan to build it.
Hi! In my opinion, the Star Gazer is useless if you have in your city a highly leveled Chateau Frontenac...why? Because just by completing Recurring Quests, you can get very often Goods as a Rewards, multiplied by CF Bonus...for instance, from a Recurring Quest, instead of getting 5 Goods I get 29 Goods from it and, because I complete Recurring Quests few times a day, I easily get HUNDREDS of current Era Goods with my CF...of course they are not Goods from the previous Era such as provided by the Star Gazer but, again, this GB is not useful if you aim at getting previous Era Goods ;)

- A Star Gazer @ Level 30 will provide you 99 Goods from Previous Era every 24 hours
- I am in SAM Era and I collect at least 200 + SAM Goods every day from Recurring Quests (and this excludes Goods produced by my city every 24 hours)...I have now over 6000 of Each SAM Goods and, by the time they release SA: Ceres, I will have TONS of SAM Goods so that I can move on to the next Era without worrying too much ;)

Emberguard

Legend
You do bring a good point to the table. Stargazer isn’t as powerful as the Chateau when actively used. The more we have in comparison to our needs the less “burning pains” we’re going to have left for a new GB to cover

The problem can be seen from two angles. Either the GBs need to have bonuses that are more and more elaborate with each iteration to compete with each other -OR- there needs to be something that balances out the most powerful GBs so a player can’t rely on them alone
(EG, GBs need to either compete or work together - not try to do both)

The only reason Stargazer isn’t as widely successful as previous GBs is the Chateau is one of those one-thing-covers-all-needs-solo type GBs. It’s very difficult to get around the 500k+ goods output per year of the Chateau (assuming 1hr per day of RQs). It’s just so enormously above the output of any city that doesn’t do RQs with a Chateau. Chat and Alcatraz with no lvl cap didn’t just power creep, they power jumped and started a precedence for future content

DeletedUser111428

You do bring a good point to the table. Stargazer isn’t as powerful as the Chateau when actively used. The more we have in comparison to our needs the less “burning pains” we’re going to have left for a new GB to cover

The problem can be seen from two angles. Either the GBs need to have bonuses that are more and more elaborate with each iteration to compete with each other -OR- there needs to be something that balances out the most powerful GBs so a player can’t rely on them alone
(EG, GBs need to either compete or work together - not try to do both)

The only reason Stargazer isn’t as widely successful as previous GBs is the Chateau is one of those one-thing-covers-all-needs-solo type GBs. It’s very difficult to get around the 500k+ goods output per year of the Chateau (assuming 1hr per day of RQs). It’s just so enormously above the output of any city that doesn’t do RQs with a Chateau. Chat and Alcatraz with no lvl cap didn’t just power creep, they power jumped and started a precedence for future content
Couldn't agree with you more on the idea of having Great Buildings "working together" (for instance, using the SMB and the Lighthouse of Alexandria Great Buildings to produce more Coins and Supplies from Maharaja Palaces, then using the Blue Galaxy GB to double its collection, ending in not only the possibility of doubling the collected Forge Points but to get even more Coins and Supplies from them) ;)

However, the main reason why the Star Gazer is not that popular is, in my opinion, that it does not have an interesting 2nd Bonus to make it more attractive and to compensate for the Main Bonus...yes the Statue of Zeus and the Terracotta Army GBs only have a Main Bonus but they help tremendously when fighting and when defending your city and for players in advanced Eras. If it had something unique that could be used in conjunction with another existing GB (or even designated buildings in a city) then for sure they would get more attention...well at least on Arvahall anyway :P

Emberguard

Legend
hello do you know who the mod is for korch?also in your opion what gives out the most poinys towards ranking?
I cannot provide you with who specifically mods which world. Put in a support ticket and someone will reply

What provides the most points? It’s difficult to point to a single thing as if you haven’t built up one area then another isn’t going to be as effective. If I said lvling GBs (spending FPs) you’d need an Arc to power lvl effectively. In doing so you’re also donating to treasury (which can be used for other point gathering means such as GvG or GE)

If I said donating to treasury (spending goods) the most effective means to do so is lvling GBs (spending FPs) such as the Château

If I said fighting I’d need to know how many battles the player is capable of doing in comparison to goods and in what age. If they haven’t got their fighting GBs up or a Alcatraz they’re not going to get far

Doing one of these things will get you a decent amount of points. Doing all three in a end game Age will net the most points as you’re defeating units, spending goods and spending FPs in a age that will net the highest return. If you tried it camping in Iron Age you could get points doing these things, you could get pretty high even. But it won’t ever be as effective as doing those things in the latest age as you won’t have access to the latest goods and enemies to defeat

So what nets the most points? Laying a solid foundation through GBs and utilising them in as high a age as you can effectively do so across different methods

Last edited:

DeletedUser96901

the question what gives most points was already answered
the Gold Award

and then it doesn't really matter what you build
because all special/event buildings gives the same amount of points per square if they are in the same age

Laying a solid foundation through GBs
Mars Age GB give more points than GB from lower ages ;)

DeletedUser111428

hello do you know who the mod is for korch?also in your opion what gives out the most poinys towards ranking?

1) The Gold Award (set to Space Age Mars Era) would provide a player 2.6 M Points; however, it was released over 3 years ago and I doubt that it will ever be released again :)

2) If you fight a lot, then all the Battle Points that you get if you win a fight (PvP, Guild Expedition, GvG, Daily Challenge requirement, Mars Ore, etc.) are converted to Ranking Points using this formula: Battle points obtained / 50

I used to avoid fighting in the past but I now fight each and every day and, for instance, if I get 120k Battle Points from a Guild Expedition Encounter, then I get 2400 Ranking Points from it

3) Manually sending Goods to your Guild Treasury or spending them by building a given Great Building, by negotiating in Guild Expedition/Daily Challenge/Quest/Maps/Upcoming Merchant for Japanese Settlement, etc. will also provide you Ranking Points (not that when your Arc sends Goods to Treasury every 24 hours, those do not provide Ranking Points as far as I know…but I could be wrong! This is also true when exchanging Goods via Market or between players; you will not get Ranking Points for those traded Goods)

Example: for each Space Age Mars Good that I spend, I would get 37.5 Points…for Promethium/Orichalcum, 42 Points

4) Building in your city: Ranking Points for each building in your city (includes the City Hall BUT NOT Great Buildings) are calculated using this formula:

Width * Length * Building Type Factor * Age Factor

The Building Type Factor is set to 1 for most buildings; now, for Premium and Event buildings it is 2. The Town Hall is set to 3, so every time you advance to a new Age, you get additional points from your Town Hall, as the Age Factor goes up

Example: a Virtual Future Building would have an Age Factor of 4000; let’s say that I place a Terrace Farm (5x6 building size) that I obtained whilst being in Virtual Future, I would get this: 5 * 6 * 2 * 4000 = 240k Ranking Points

5) Great Buildings: the formula to determine Ranking Points by laying down a GB is a little bit overwhelming but, as Test Ament mentioned, the higher in Age a Great Building is the more Points you will get from it (so the Star Gazer (5x5 building size) from the SAM Era would right away provide you more Points than a Castel del Monte (5x5 building size) as soon as you lay it in your city

Hope that this helps a bit!