• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Soccer Cup 2019!

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DeletedUser6065

While I applaud the changes, I am still mystified how Athena continues to get FP's and Artemis gets combat bonus.
Look at the statues.
Artemis goes to war dressed - like that?!?!
Athena is dressed to - plunk down her goods on Great Buildings??
This is just plain pathetic. No excuse for this at all.
. . . . mk

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110616

Well, I like the changes, but what I find misleading is :
"Altar of Athena 3FP instead of 2FP"
Because - 1 FP was added for lvl 4 altar, so ALL lvl 5 choices have carried over that one FP. Thus Athena herself was NOT buffed. The extra FP is the one from lvl 4 plus her own original 2 FP equals 3, but NOTHING was actually added specifically for Athena, so she should not be listed in the buffs... Like you did not list (for example) Hestia although she has 1 FP which she didn't have before. Because - again - that's the carryover from lvl 4 altar, not hers specifically.

Question for the Devs: I just looked in my inventory on Beta and the altar upgrades show the old values - you guys didn't buff the altars on Beta? Or will it show only after I build it, not when looking at the upgrade in the inventory?

Any Empire

Sergeant
On Beta, the Altars I've already built still have the old values. Does not seem that they will be upgraded after all.......?

DeletedUser96901

On Beta, the Altars I've already built still have the old values. Does not seem that they will be upgraded after all.......?
maybe you read the announcement on beta

there the update wasn't yesterday but will be later today
so it can't have the new values there yet

DeletedUser116785

the Afrikaans language as the perfect expression to complement the above statement ('n gemors van 'n gemors) a mess of a mess
everything is done in a rush in this game without much thought being taken into consideration:(
and the Beta testing is a joke

It feels sometimes that INO is a car run by bunch of kids and they are all fighting for steering wheel, except for the moderators. They are sitting in the back seats and telling us, the players, stuck in the trunk: "Everything is going to be fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii...", as the car flies of the cliff.

Agent327

Overlord
While I applaud the changes, I am still mystified how Athena continues to get FP's and Artemis gets combat bonus.
Look at the statues.
Artemis goes to war dressed - like that?!?!
Athena is dressed to - plunk down her goods on Great Buildings??
This is just plain pathetic. No excuse for this at all.
. . . . mk

It's not like Greek gods for a woman's soccer tournament in France makes sense.

DeletedUser114713

The announcement today says: "Based on the provided feedback, we have made some adjustments to the current running Soccer Cup 2019. Which will come into effect today."

But the results for Round 1 were also announced yesterday. So why does my Round 1 prize not show the improved prizes?

DeletedUser113814

I am wondering is it fair to change the leagues after players have started playing their drinks and not apply the change to the first round?! Those that didn't play 1st round have an advantage this way. Imo, the change should be applied to all rounds.

DeletedUser117842

I am wondering is it fair to change the leagues after players have started playing their drinks and not apply the change to the first round?! Those that didn't play 1st round have an advantage this way. Imo, the change should be applied to all rounds.

It it's undoubtedly unfair. Why would they reward non-active players with better prizes? I think this is a huge mistake by the FOE team.

I was told that, "If it were applied to the current league you’d then have a different problem. Some would be happy with the changes and others would feel cheated out of a 1-up kit that they were promised for that round." (cf. page 6.), which I think is pretty silly excuse. If this really was a problem, then they could add the new rewards to the first round without removing the 1-up kit from the first round. I know it would be a OP reward, but then nobody would feel like they got fooled.

Afterwards they could remove the 1-up kit and implement the new upgraded league rewards in the following rounds. It is obvious the FOE teams mistake that the event had some flaws (which is acceptable, and im really glad they are fixing it en route), but it feels like it's the players who are active in the event that are paying the prize at the moment which i don't think is acceptable.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser116872

Events are for all ages. How are they supposed to get feedback on that if everybody is progressed?

Simple solution to this, allow city transfer to beta. This way any player of any age can transfer one of their cities from any live server to beta for testing.

This is common practice for testing software and widely adopted by online games as well as other industries.

Galladhorn

Monarch
SoccerLeagueTable2019.png

(picture from announcement)

Thanks, I was too stressed to think clearly...

DeletedUser113814

It it's undoubtedly unfair. Why would they reward non-active players with better prizes? I think this is a huge mistake by the FOE team.

I was told that, "If it were applied to the current league you’d then have a different problem. Some would be happy with the changes and others would feel cheated out of a 1-up kit that they were promised for that round." (cf. page 6.), which I think is pretty silly excuse. If this really was a problem, then they could add the new rewards to the first round without removing the 1-up kit from the first round. I know it would be a OP reward, but then nobody would feel like they got fooled.

Afterwards they could remove the 1-up kit and implement the new upgraded league rewards in the following rounds. It is obvious the FOE teams mistake that the event had some flaws (which is acceptable, and im really glad they are fixing it en route), but it feels like it's the players who are active in the event that are paying the prize at the moment which i don't think is acceptable.

I agree, when you have to make a change after a competition has started, you have to both give everyone the new staff plus give the staff promised in the beginning of the league allready running. That's common sense of fairness and not about whether those who didn't play in the 1st round will be jealous of one more upkit. But also, here upkits are not what's important, the upgrades are. So, depriving one league from an additional upgrade is much more of an issue than the deprivation of one more upkit. When you make a change after the beginning of a competition, there isn't a way to avoid issues. At least, keep it fair. Here the change aimed to rectify the upgrades awarded in the leagues. It is a fail to keep one league without the correction of the upgrade. No one cares about the up kit!

DeletedUser117610

The soccer event was fun for the first week and the prizes are fantastic, however I’ve come to realise that it is horribly broken and ridiculously poorly designed. Let me explain why I’m so frustrated..

In week 1 I completed all the “story quests” and reached the point where you get 1 quest per day. After completing all possible content, I was able to get silver league (just - people are obviously paying big money to get extra drinks so as FTP silver was best you could achieve)

In week 2 I’m still getting 1 quest a day. If I spent all the drinks I’ve earned then I wouldn’t even get out of amateur league.

And that’s what I have to look forward to for the rest of the event. It’s daft. No amount of playing, nothing I can do will affect the outcome and all I can do is complete the daily and try to work out whether 3*amateur is better than 1*(maybe)bronze if I saved all my drinks for 3 weeks, or some other contrived combination. Surely this isn’t working as intended??

Also as an aside, my buddies playing the game all received emails informing them of the event and providing 100 free drinks. Some even received this email on 2 different dates. My email is also registered, and I didn’t get any of these emails. Why?

Overall it was a fun event for a few days, now the prizes for kicks are still good and I’ll be happy to spend my drinks to get them at some point when it’s strategic to do so, but the structure is so poor that it’s lost the challenge and sense of urgency, and it’s just not fun any more.

Thanks for your attention and consideration.