• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Side Quests Requirements too far out

DeletedUser114160

Once again I enter into a new age, VF, and the side quests want you to build something that is about 10 research sections out... not good.

DeletedUser96901

but that is how new ages work
all side quests are available when entering the age
even if one would be "research the last tech of the age"

unlike in older ages where something trigger them
if you have done xy (map, research, ...) then the quest will be available

Either wait until you get to them or skip them to get to the recurring quests
that is the decision
do the side quests and not recurring quests
or abort most side quests of the age and do recurring quests

and the side quests want you to build something that is about 10 research sections out
if it is the Parade that can be won in GE

Zanzi the just 55

Master Corporal
but that is how new ages work
all side quests are available when entering the age
even if one would be "research the last tech of the age"

unlike in older ages where something trigger them
if you have done xy (map, research, ...) then the quest will be available

that is the decision
do the side quests and not recurring quests
or abort most side quests of the age and do recurring quests

I just entered Oceanic age and same thing. The biggest problems are that a lot of the 2 side quests are farther along in the tree. It's only after repetitive clicks that I can possibly find one or two to do. The bulk of the quests that you click to are unable to be done and on one occasion already all the quests on one quest line were unable to be done as they involve things further along in the tree.
All I'm saying is that why can't all the quests in each quest line be able to be done at the stage of the tree you are in even if it is difficult. When you have to keep clicking on the quest line to maybe find one you might be able to do is crazy. Possibly arrange it to coincide with the level of the progression in the tree. When you find quests from the last tree(Secret Cove), which I have, and you are at the beginning is stupid on your part.
I was told to either do the side or the recurring quests. You either do one or the other so if you decide to do one side it blocks out the recurring until you do it. Wasn't like that up to AF. You had multiple choices that triggered. Would be so much easier if side quests were given that could be done when you first entered the new age. That would be your bonus if finished and would help you along as you traversed the tree. Why change the format with the harder and longer ages!