• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Virgo Project

DeletedUser112520

Hello,

Is it true that the Virgo Project no longer works when attacking neighbours?

DeletedUser112520

If this would have been the case from the start, I wouldn’t have got the Virgo Project GB. I can’t believe somebody has changed the whole building like this.

Where can I apply to get my diamonds and goods back? I don’t want this GB now that it’s been changed.

Agent327

Overlord
If this would have been the case from the start, I wouldn’t have got the Virgo Project GB. I can’t believe somebody has changed the whole building like this.

Where can I apply to get my diamonds and goods back? I don’t want this GB now that it’s been changed.

You can't.

You should have read the announcement.

DeletedUser112520

You can't.

You should have read the announcement.
No, not at all. The game should make it ABSOLUTELY CLEAR that the GB will change, especially when people are spending diamonds (real money in some cases). Not post an announcement on a forum that is hardly used by all players. There should be clear warning signs on the GB.

I will making an official complaint about this internally and possibly externally. If I don’t receive my refund I’ll be quitting the game.

Agent327

Overlord
No, not at all. The game should make it ABSOLUTELY CLEAR that the GB will change, especially when people are spending diamonds (real money in some cases). Not post an announcement on a forum that is hardly used by all players. There should be clear warning signs on the GB.

And yet you can find the forum immediately if you have something to complain about.

There was an ingame message announcing the new era. If you had followed that you would have known. Don't tell me you ignored that.

Last edited by a moderator:

If they had ANY concern for the players - knowing it was going to draw in the diamonds - they would have announced it in the IN-GAME message center like they do other IMPORTANT announcements.

However - they knew EXACTLY what they were doing by not sharing that info with the Non-Forum readers.

DeletedUser112520

If they had ANY concern for the players - knowing it was going to draw in the diamonds - they would have announced it in the IN-GAME message center like they do other IMPORTANT announcements.

However - they knew EXACTLY what they were doing by not sharing that info with the Non-Forum readers.
I 100% agree with you. The game makers full well KNOW that not everybody checks the forums for information. They KNOW that in-game notifications are much more effective and visible. Despite what the forum cleaner (Agent327) said, we are right about this issue! What FoE has done here is completely and fundamentally wrong!

I have to agree with @Agent327

Not only was there an in game announcement but there was (and still is) an announcement displayed on the main web page about the new era.

Clicking on either of these takes you to the forum page where this is clearly articulated.

Also besides this I have seen it discussed on several in game chat threads between players on several different worlds and people have spoken of it in global chat (at least on L) on more than one occasion.

DeletedUser98433

Virgo was changed after everyone put so much effort and resources in. The nature of the building has been changed dramatically - needs a rethink and fast

DeletedUser99588

Given that beta players knew it was going to be nurfed when Mars was launched I think an in-game announcement would have been the right thing to do to avoid the current scenario. Players not in the know who have committed resources and possibly real money levelling a GB that Inno knew would have its ability reduced will be seen by many as profiteering.

They provide numerous other in-game announcements that are also on the forum when it suits them. So the argument you could have just looked at the forum is a little disingenuous.

It very much appears to be an intentional strategy to get players to invest in a dud. Maybe they'll improve it in other ways to compensate and make it more desirable.

DeletedUser112520

At the end of the day, FoE didn’t make the announcement clear enough. If they did, I wouldn’t be here complaining. We all know that not all of us read the out-of-game announcements. They should have put a warning about the change on the actual GB. Plain and simple. Then EVERYBODY would see it.

And I TOTALLY agree, thanatos. Well said.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Overlord
Given that beta players knew it was going to be nurfed when Mars was launched I think an in-game announcement would have been the right thing to do to avoid the current scenario. Players not in the know who have committed resources and possibly real money levelling a GB that Inno knew would have its ability reduced will be seen by many as profiteering.

There was an ingame announcement about the next era were the nerf was announced. That same announcement is on the start page of the game. Now is Inno at fault if players do not read that????

At the end of the day, FoE didn’t make the announcement clear enough. If they did, I wouldn’t be here complaining. We all know that not all of us read the out-of-game announcements.

If you did not read it how can you know it was not clear enough. It was your choice not to read it.

They should have put a warning about the change on the actual GB. Plain and simple. Then EVERYBODY would see it..

No they would not. They have never before put a warning on a GB about a change. If they would have done that people would start to complain cause they did not expect it there. Only one at fault here is you.

DeletedUser112520

There was NO CLEAR and OBVIOUS in-game announcement and, unfortunately for you and your opinions, most people on this forum and on the game agree with me. So you seem to be in the minority. Btw....I made the key words capital letters so that you can digest our point of view easier, you know, the majority of people :)

Agent327

Overlord
There was NO CLEAR and OBVIOUS in-game announcement and, unfortunately for you and your opinions, most people on this forum and on the game agree with me. So you seem to be in the minority. Btw....I made the key words capital letters so that you can digest our point of view easier, you know, the majority of people :)

What majority???

You are the only one complaining. Look around you in the game. How many players placed the Virgo? How many players are asking for goods for it? When the TA came out there was an enormous rush. How come it is so quiet now? Looks like the real majority knew about it and made the smart choice.

Emberguard

Legend
Agent I think you’ve made your point clear.

@Sinion Kabe thankyou for your feedback in regards to the ingame announcement. For future reference if you want to give feedback on something recently added or changed if you can post in the corresponding announcement feedback thread that’ll make it easier for compiling all the feedback on that subject. For the Virgo that’d be here: https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/space-age-mars.37706/

For announcement threads in general that’d be here: https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?forums/announcement-discussions.129/

DeletedUser99588

There was an ingame announcement about the next era were the nerf was announced. That same announcement is on the start page of the game. Now is Inno at fault if players do not read that????

I think for something as important as the nerfing of a GB it deserves to be specifically highlighted rather than potentially lost amongst the general information of the new Era. Some players in my guild were interested in Virgo, who are not end of tree players and hadn't read the Mars announcement. Yes they could have read it the same as Inno could have delayed launching the era or the GB until it had been adjusted. The latter definitely solves the problem whereas the former relies on every player reading all announcements and not missing any information in them.

I guess if you believe the general Mars announcement method is the best solution then there would be an argument for these announcements to be compulsory sticky until the adjustments come into force to give everyone the opportunity to read them at the most appropriate time for individual players. Not my preference as I would prefer Inno to use beta correctly and not knowingly launch events, eras and changes in full knowledge they will be adjusting elements soon after especially ones that may cause monetary loss.

No they would not. They have never before put a warning on a GB about a change. If they would have done that people would start to complain cause they did not expect it there. Only one at fault here is you.

Just because something has never been done doesn't mean it shouldn't be considered. That is what change and improvement is all about and I know there will always be those that fear change but that shouldn't be allowed to hinder positive progress and improvement.