• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update to 1.154

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DeletedUser110124

The update to 1.154 will happen on June 11th. Read the details here and don't forget to leave your comments below!

i am so browned off with this i have a settlement going in five settlements one was going to be finished now but now i find i have to do the last step gain many viking items and coins so now i got to wait another 12 hours to finish

if it isn't hard enough to get the first prize ( near impossible ) unless you spend diamonds now mid quest the goal posts get moved why bother

DeletedUser110145

I got this message today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"In the update to 1.154, we've introduced some changes to our Viking Cultural Settlements to improve the experience for all. To find out more, please check out the full list of changes via the link below."
How crazy is that!!!!!!
When the ... is done!

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
10? ITS 10? Oh man I was hoping just needing five of each good, but 10 is a potential 9 hours of waiting to finish the settlement instead of just finishing it in one go. Ugh, making us take longer to do this content for no reason at all besides more Runestones. They really not good at making people actually want to do this.

Even if they made the tree this good, its still months upon months of constant work, if you want Runestones you have to play every four hours. And you still require 4x luck. if you go a week with no 4x you won't make it regardless of how well planned you are.

Settlement is designed so badly. Might be good for a new player now, to get lots of early goods though, 20 goods and 5fp every just over a day for free extra when you don't have much at all being produced can add up. Allow for much earlier completed GE's. Which means more diamonds and FP from there anyway :D

At least the tree is better now. It already was good though.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Really, they should have auto-completed every settlement underway so we could at least prepare for these changes. I'm glad I have 2 days still on my clock to do this, but anyone closer just lost out. Still seems weird that people who farmed the FP are actually better off then anyone who didn't.

DeletedUser110616

for lazy people who don't deserve them they are free

so do you get free fragments which you don't have earned ?

You, my friend, are very wrong in your math. I am one of those lazy people, Although Yggdrasil is very nice building, I don't have the time to do the (very boring) settlements so many times. So I am the lazy one not doing them. BUT as well, since I did not finish any, I do not receive ANY fragments. So, only those NON-lazy people, who actually did the settlements will get free fragments, the lazy of us who didn't do any will not get any. So I think it is completely fair.

Btw it always amuses me, when something is giving FOR FREE and some people start screaming: "But I want more of that free, because I deserve more because... whatever the reason."
So no, nobody deserves more of anything for free. You might EARN something more than your neighbor, you might BUY more stuff than your neighbor, but nobody deserves anything FREE more than the next person. Sure, you get more free stuff somewhere and I get more free stuff elsewhere and that guy gets more free stuff again somewhere else. But none of us deserved more free stuff, we were just lucky being at the right time in the right place. It is as simple as that. Take it or leave it, it is free after all.

DeletedUser96901

lol nice joke

what I want is not for free

it is for doing the settlements in the fastest time :rolleyes:
and that costs time

so what you say is crap because I don't want anything for free

You might EARN something
correct

I earned the full reward for doing 17 settlements in the fastest time

but nobody deserves anything FREE more than the next person.
exactly

give people what they deserve
and stop giving FREE fragments to people who didn't deserve them

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110616

and stop giving FREE fragments to people who didn't deserve them
But they do not... I received exactly ZERO fragments because I did exactly ZERO settlements. So they do not give me anything I don't deserve.
That I can do same work as you did and get rewarded more in the future, that is irrelevant. You can do that too. For the past work you've got something extra and I didn't do that work so I got nothing. I don't see any unfairness in that.

As for the 25fp loop - maybe I misunderstand it, but those people quit/abandoned the settlement after quest whatever number... so they never finished the settlement, so they will receive zero as well, or will they get some for the number of unfinished settlements? I don't think so.. so again I don't see the unfairness.

So, they might stop doing 25fp and starting to do now real settlements and they will need less of them than you did. Well, there I can see how you feel, but hey, that's life. Evolution, changes. It is inevitable. It is like the engine in your car gets improved and you'd be mad at all the gas you spend before while I got the same car today and will need much less gas. As I said, that's life... it happens daily all around so it happens in game too. Can't be helped. 8-)

PomPoms

Sergeant
That I can do same work as you did and get rewarded more in the future, that is irrelevant. You can do that too.

Actually, we can't. The time to do the settlements goes down, and continues to decrease right up until the 15th settlement where it stops decreasing. But by that point it is EXTREMELY difficult to do it in the first time limit, and I think even the second time limit could be tricky for some of us by then too. So we still won't get the same rewards as we could have if this had been done from the start.

DeletedUser117840

I can't believe you guys didn't think of some cool viking avatar for all of us, who spent so much time to finnish viking setlement many times :). And don't you think the greater runestone has small rewards for months of playing....compare to Contestants' Estate for example, that can be won with one click :)

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Actually, we can't. The time to do the settlements goes down, and continues to decrease right up until the 15th settlement where it stops decreasing. But by that point it is EXTREMELY difficult to do it in the first time limit, and I think even the second time limit could be tricky for some of us by then too. So we still won't get the same rewards as we could have if this had been done from the start.

Exactly, anyone who has been doing the 25fp and been getting hundreds and hundreds of more FP then people who had been doing the place legit, will now end up with MORE Greater runestones then those of us who did go for the tree.

Its much easier at the start to make the timer, and much harder later on since you rely on 4x.

So they got more fp, will get more shards faster unless you get lucky on your eight days, and will get the tree anyway? hah.

DeletedUser99588

Honestly, I don't think that many care in the big scheme of things as not enough participate in vikings. Even those that put a lot of time into the game got bored with it and just settled with whatever point they got to and just abandoned it. Make it fun to play and I'm sure it will be a success but right now it is dull as dish water and requires too much effort to meet the timescales to draw many players into it. The focus was so obviously on trying to get players to buy diamonds the developers forgot you need to get your audience to be having fun to entice such spending. End result, many weren't having fun, so no spending and fewer participants in it.

DeletedUser6974

why wasnt more guild levels added with this update? we have been maxed out at level 75 for weeks now. please advise. thank you.

Emberguard

Legend
Leaving feedback doesn't guarantee which aspects will be implemented in the specific manner requested or when. Your feedback is appreciated and helps give direction to what the devs should work on. However sometimes a stated problem has more then one solution. It's possible with time more lvls will be added, it's also possible they'll take on the feedback whenever players ask for more lvls and implement something else that covers the same issue.

Some food for thought: When you say you want more lvls is it the lvls themselves that you want? Or are you really asking for a way to measure continued progress (as a guild)? Some feedback can be taken at face value, other times a person asks for what they think is the best solution rather then stating the root problem of what they want fixed.

My thoughts as a player:
Some guilds have been maxed out yes, a lot haven't. The higher the lvls allowed the more it effects the resources available to players. Whether this is a good or bad thing depends on what you'd want the game to look like. Certainly harder to gauge for each new age what resources a player is reasonably expected to have if there's giant gaps in what's possible due to guild lvls. For example if we ever get to +20 FPs from guild lvl do you balance for that extra 20 or to players in lower lvl guilds that might only get +5? What about reduced construction and troop production times? At what point do you cap those? If you don't cap it then how do you allow new guilds to compete when they first try their hand at any of the guild competitions?

Perhaps that's in part why settlements add to the town hall. The emissaries add in a similar manner to what additional guild lvls would while also being accessible to everyone based on their own work, not just joining a top guild after all the work has already been done. It does make me wonder what the average guild lvls and ages in guilds would be if instead of permanent contributions the game erased all points earned by a player when they leave the guild. I wouldn't want it to work that way unless it was done when the game was first released, but it probably would have left greater leeway for adding lvls.

Anybody else notice - the percents are all messed up - or in cheat mode.

Over 42% in my HC and only 1 payout in 8 over the last few days - lol - what a great and trustworthy bunch - running the games

Emberguard

Legend
And prior to that? How long have you had the Himeji? Is it only missing more then you think it should now? How many times have you had a activation used at what percentage and with what result?

Get a coin. That’s 50% chance. Now flip it 100-200 times without trying to get it to land on any particular side. Record the results. Did you get a even spread the entire time? Or was there a mix between when it keeps getting the same result in a row and when it switches between results?

An isolated 8 times isn’t enough to say whether the results are acting the way it should. 41% in theory should give somewhere around 41 hits in 100. Doesn’t mean you’ll get a hit every time you collect.

I don't think flipping a coin is an accurate analogy. When I flip a coin I get something EVERY time - A head or a tail.
When I flip a try on HC - I get nothing MOST of the time. And at over 40% chance (for many weeks now) - something is wrong!

Emberguard

Legend
Head - success
Tails - fail

HC either succeeds or fails. At 40% success it should fail most of the time as that’s still a 60% fail rate - more often then you’d get tails with a coin flip. The point of the flip analogy was to show that even if you had a higher rate of success you’d get a series of fails

Here’s what I’d suggest you do. Start recording your results with the % chance rather then relying on memory as it may potentially be hitting closer to the hit rate then you realise. Look back over those results in a couple months. If it’s truly not giving the output you should be getting then contact support with those results backing your claim so it can be passed on that the algorithm is bugging.

If it’s not working the way it should we need to know. But we need results for an extended period of time backing it up to confirm what rate you’ve been receiving. Without verifying the percentage you’ve been getting the most that could be passed on is you’re concerned about percentage accuracy rather then a definite this is or isn’t what’s happening