• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update to 1.154

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DeletedUser116830

Don't think it is nice to say Japanese are shorter than Vikings, or that Vikings are horrible. Those are racist remarks.
I would clarify, but I can see why I should not say the obvious, so....:D

DeletedUser116872

yes it will.
Thanks for confirming! Had a bit of luck with the 4x and I'm at the "20 quests competed, finish settlement" screen. I assume that I can get 9 fragments now or 15 tomorrow after the update if I wait?

DeletedUser107692

Does anybody know how many goods and coins will be required for the final quest?

joesoap

Major-General
mine was 2500 cooper
it would be good if the quest said collect 10 axe, 10 mead etc & ticked them off as we collect them or kept track of them somehow, i can see at some stage that i will forget what i've done

joesoap

Major-General
unless all 4 are built at the same time then its still possible to forget which 1 was deleted/collected

BruteForceAttack

Warrant Officer
unless all 4 are built at the same time then its still possible to forget which 1 was deleted/collected

or just make a note of left over goods after finishing the tech, then you will need +10. Yeah it will be nice to see what you have collected..but it is same with any quest, that says collect x of each goods ..blah blah or that one quest which is collect 1 goods from every age or whatever. Same with finish every production once quest,

DeletedUser96901

I am happy that it is more difficult

because the reward is also higher
players who did it before the update got only 12 fragments (9 + 3 with the update for each finished settlement)

I need to do additional 18th and 19th settlement to get my 3rd greater runestone finished
where players which starts now and did the 25 FP loop in the past only needs to do 15 settlements

and furthermore I can't do the 25 FP loop after doing the regular play while waiting for the next nation

BruteForceAttack

Warrant Officer
I am happy that it is more difficult

because the reward is also higher
players who did it before the update got only 12 fragments (9 + 3 with the update for each finished settlement)

I need to do additional 18th and 19th settlement to get my 3rd greater runestone finished
where players which starts now and did the 25 FP loop in the past only needs to do 15 settlements

and furthermore I can't do the 25 FP loop after doing the regular play while waiting for the next nation

I'm not disagreeing with you, but it was easy for you, way easy when we didn't even need both diplomacy and goods buildings at the same time to complete the last quest. Also scored fps, attack boost, etc.....so there is flip side to this as well.

Emberguard

Legend
Wow. That adds AT LEAST 8 hours to an already squeezed time frame
When this announcement first went up on Thursday I set up my last settlement to produce what the update would require just to see if it'd make it take any longer or be any more difficult. It didn't.

With planning ahead near completion of settlement it's possible to have it take the same amount of time as it does now. Of course mistiming or taking everything as it comes without looking at how close to the end you are will indeed make it take longer
but it was easy for you, way easy when we didn't even need both diplomacy and goods buildings at the same time to complete the last quest
When the change was made to need both simultaneously the amount of goods buildings needed were also reduced from 6 to 4. I wouldn't have called it way easier given the reduction in requirements wouldn't have majorly effected the amount of space needed

Last edited:

BruteForceAttack

Warrant Officer
When this announcement first went up on Thursday I set up my last settlement to produce what the update would require just to see if it'd make it take any longer or be any more difficult. It didn't.

With planning ahead near completion of settlement it's possible to have it take the same amount of time as it does now. Of course mistiming or taking everything as it comes without looking at how close to the end you are will indeed make it take longer

When the change was made to need both simultaneously the amount of goods buildings needed were also reduced from 6 to 4. I wouldn't have called it way easier given the reduction in requirements wouldn't have majorly effected the amount of space needed

It took 3 tries...
1st release, get diplomacy first and then plant a goods building and then delete it 6 times.

2nd try, get diplomacy first and then plant a goods building and then delete it 4 times.

3rd try, need both diplomacy and goods buildings simultaneously.

Now different criteria...

What I was getting at is, some folks who have completed settlements are only looking at how they got screwed with regards to fragments, but they are not looking at how things are different now too...

DeletedUser110145

It looks like the developers think that the players are stupid! or maybe it is the other way around.
1- I have finished 12 settlements on time and got all 9 fragments for all the times. Now I am getting 3 extra per each settlement, smart guys 15 -9 is 6, not 3.
2- With all the issues were going on for the last week with the Viking settlement that you can collect your settlement after too many tries, or sometimes you couldn't collect at all. I could finish my settlement on time to get some fragments at the end. But what happened? those smart guys changed the quest just one hour before finishing my settlement! You guys still don't understand if a change is coming it should start for a new settlement, not the one you almost finished!
It is so stupid to play this annoying game, but after a few years playing and having one of the top cities, it is also difficult to leave the game. But maybe it is a decision that should come sooner before you guys do much more annoying things.

BruteForceAttack

Warrant Officer
It looks like the developers think that the players are stupid! or maybe it is the other way around.
1- I have finished 12 settlements on time and got 9 fragments for all the times. Now I am getting 3 extra per each settlement, smart guys 15 -9 is 6, not 3.
2- With all the issues were going on for the last week with the Viking settlement that you can collect your settlement after too many tries, or sometimes you couldn't collect at all. I could finish my settlement on time to get some fragments at the end. But what happened? those smart guys changed the quest just one hour before finishing my settlement! You guys still don't understand if a change is coming it should start for a new settlement, not the one you almost finished!

It is so stupid to play this annoying game, but after a few years playing and having one of the top cities, it is also difficult to leave the game. But maybe it is a decision that should come sooner before you guys do much more annoying things.

Maybe inno should do a pre-release in game announcement, I know folks can play beta and so on...but not everyone can do multiple cities.

DeletedUser96901

but they are not looking at how things are different now too...
sure I am looking on how things are now

because I still need the 18th and 19th settlement

and I did 17th in time
and 16 of them with more than 8h left :P

and the one which was very close had a extremely bad run on the 25% 4x
was something like 10%

so it must run very bad again to fail in doing or & 19th in time

so let's look at all together
15 times with the new conditions is much faster than 19 times without those 8h more (to get 3 complete runestones)

so what I see is different now:
you get the 3 runestones faster :rolleyes:
do you see that too :?

(and even after I would have failed in the one above with the new rules I still would only had to do 16 and not 19 settlements)

DeletedUser96901

so don't forget
2 times doing in fastest time and one time in the 2nd time limit in the new version is like doing 3 times the fastest in the past considering the time rewards
(2 * 15 + 6 = 3 * 12)

:P

Also scored fps, attack boost, etc.....so there is flip side to this as well.
and I bet that players that made the 25 FP loop and now start the settlement gained more after having the 15th done than people who did the settlement and then can't do the 25 FP loop now
:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

BruteForceAttack

Warrant Officer
sure I am looking on how things are now

because I still need the 18th and 19th settlement

and I did 17th in time
and 16 of them with more than 8h left :P

and the one which was very close had a extremely bad run on the 25% 4x
was something like 10%

so it must run very bad again to fail in doing or & 19th in time

so let's look at all together
15 times with the new conditions is much faster than 19 times without those 8h more (to get 3 complete runestones)

so what I see is different now:
you get the 3 runestones faster :rolleyes:
do you see that too :?

(and even after I would have failed in the one above with the new rules I still would only had to do 16 and not 19 settlements)

Also easier to finish last quest maybe equal to less fragments... Again I'm sure most of players would still have completed even if the new requirement was from get go..... I'm on last one and will finish with new requirements 2 days earlier.

Emberguard

Legend
1- I have finished 12 settlements on time and got all 9 fragments for all the times. Now I am getting 3 extra per each settlement, smart guys 15 -9 is 6, not 3.
Apologies for any offence caused. However as LM said earlier in the thread it was not practical to calculate on a individual basis which time rewards a player received each time. Working out the total amount of settlements completed is easy as the game already tracks that. Working out runestone rewards on an individual basis would require keeping data on past performance of those settlements to know which rewards to give.