• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

May Madness Sale

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Deleted member 109369

Our May Madness Sale is tomorrow! Read all about it here.

Please leave your feedback below!

DeletedUser6065

Watchfire Upgrade.
Victory Tower Upgrade.
Rogue Shrink.
Wishing Well Shrink.
Blueprints.
All the popular stuff.
Popular 'cuz Inno Sez So.
. . . mk

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
We have no idea on what the things to buy are, and no idea on the exact diamond prices plus diamonds are not on sale?
Interesting surprise but unless you are one of those people with loads of diamonds saved up.... xD
Unless it is actually cheap enough for us to afford with less diamonds and the stuff is really good of course :D

DeletedUser113308

Is CEST the same as server time? If not how about a meaningful time translation.
If it is - well thanks for running it yet again while I (and a significant %age of others) are fast asleep for 8 of those 12 hours - INNO never learns.
There are somethings I might consider buying - like the last missing piece or upgrade for a set or event reward building - no doubt they will be offered and expired as usual while I am asleep (in the past wake up to an interesting offer only to find its expired hours ago ....)
Then again thanks for saving my diamonds - I am genuinely sure I can find better uses for them especially if Mike K is right with his list - a total fail.

Boorg

Captain
s CEST the same as server time?

Yes CEST is server time. The time given is always server time.

Edit : CEST time is 1 hour ahead of server time therefore CEST is not server time.

If it is - well thanks for running it yet again while I (and a significant %age of others) are fast asleep for 8 of those 12 hours - INNO never learns.

The announcement says that if one does not manage to be online before the specified time the offer time will be extended. Maybe that helps. :) :) :)

Extract from May Madness Sale Announcement
You can expect a new offer every 2 hours!

During these times, the offer will be available for purchase for 3 hours. This means if you don't manage to get online until, say, 11:00, this offer will be available until 14:00, ensuring everyone gets a chance to access their favorite offers!

Last edited:

DeletedUser115806

I'm hoping for renovation kits or one-ups. I need a pile of them. But they would probably be too expensive for me to get more than 1 or 2, and I need about 30. I never get them in the daily challenges. I always get crappy store building items instead, which I rarely use.

DeletedUser113470

Yes CEST is server time. The time given is always server time.
Um...I think not. CEST is a time zone that observers daylight savings time rules. Nobody runs a game server in a time zone that gets mucked up twice a year by daylight savings time idiocy.

But, just to be sure, I googled 'CEST current time' and got 6:01. Then I went into DC and clicked settings.
It says: Current server time 5:01.

Can't we all just agree that:
  • Daylight savings time is a horrible, horrible idea that just confuses everyone and doesn't actually save any daylight?
  • Time zones are almost as horrible an idea. Would it be that awful if 5:01 meant the same time to everyone on the planet?

Boorg

Captain
Um...I think not. CEST is a time zone that observers daylight savings time rules. Nobody runs a game server in a time zone that gets mucked up twice a year by daylight savings time idiocy.

But, just to be sure, I googled 'CEST current time' and got 6:01. Then I went into DC and clicked settings.
It says: Current server time 5:01.

You are correct CEST is in fact 1 hour ahead of server time, my mistake sorry.

That is because the server time does not change when the time change in the respective countries is effected with respect to CEST.

Therefore if the sale starts at 09:00 CEST the server time should be 08:00.

DeletedUser113470

Therefore if the sale starts at 09:00 CEST the server time should be 08:00.
I think the takeaway from this should be that using CEST to communicate time information to the EN community is a REALLY DUMB IDEA.
Unless you live in central europe (lots of us don't), you probably don't know what time it is in CEST. Or, even know what CEST means.

In the future, can times be posted as either UTC and/or server time? (And....why isn't server time UTC???? WTF? Who does that?)

DeletedUser96901

why does a german company use german time ?

because when somebody says 9:00 everybody in the company think at the same time and nobody asks himself: in which time zone

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser113470

why does a german company uses german time ?

bec
Yup. If your goal is to get Germans to convert their Euros to diamonds, then CEST works. If you want people to convert their rand, peso, usd, etc. into diamonds, then CEST maybe isn't the best choice.

Emberguard

Legend
because when somebody says 9:00 everybody in the company think at the same time and nobody asks himself: in which time zone
:lol:

Oh boy, imagine if they all used different timezones.
"whens the event?"
"5am"
"Cool. So that's.... uhhh... 9pm?"

It'd be "what time is it?" for the devs :D

During the Daylight Savings change over the DC quests got effected. So it's not entirely out of the question

Edit:
Googling CEST looks like the sale might start in 40 minutes assuming I've looked up the correct timezone

Last edited:

DeletedUser116607

Looking at first offer of the sale and yup you'd have to be mad to pay these ridiculous prices