• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GvG rules penalize players outside Europe

• Thread starter DeletedUser16244
  • Start date

DeletedUser16244

Hi, just wanted to point out that the way GvG works basically excludes from the game those players who don't reside in Europe/Africa.

Most of the fighting happens at reset, which is currently set at 8 pm GMT. That works perfectly if you live in Europe (or Africa), but makes it almost impossible to play for anyone else - as it is 5 to 6 AM in Australian east coast (and will get worse next week - 4 to 5 AM), 3 AM in China east coast, early afternoon in the States.

May we suggest Inno Team to fix that? One simple solution is to change the protection time, either reducing or extending that (maybe randomly?), unless you totally modify the GvG structure.

Another thing, being here. If a guild founder disappears, that may force the guild to dissolve, so the top rights should be temporary (or at least pass to the leaders if the founder is offline for more than 1 month).

DeletedUser108359

i can understand this, although 8pm server time ( en ) is around 10 pm in most of Africa, and after a full days work thats normally bedtime for many people.
But this is one reason i have never done gvg, the timing is just too late for me, i cant sit up till 11 pm or later fighting then go to sleep for 4 hours and start another 18 hour day.
I understand that inno are in a difficult position because no matter what they do the times will be messed up for somebody in the world.
I guess we just need to either do gvg or decide not to do it.

DeletedUser16244

There's a US server where the daily calculation takes place when it's 8 PM in the US, so if the European time does not work for you, maybe that's an option.
I understand, but I don't think that option was available when many of us began playing and there is no way to migrate from one server to another - that would mean to restart the full tech tree from scratch (if that's the only option, I'd rather quit the game).

DeletedUser99950

I belong to a guild with a large number of Asian players. The reset time was just doable but now is not - GVG is unplayable What Inno needs to do is to setup a server with Asian friendly times and give players the ability to migrate their city to it. The migration tool is childs play as it is simply a data transfer between servers.

Agent327

Overlord
Hi, just wanted to point out that the way GvG works basically excludes from the game those players who don't reside in Europe/Africa.

Most of the fighting happens at reset, which is currently set at 8 pm GMT. That works perfectly if you live in Europe (or Africa), but makes it almost impossible to play for anyone else - as it is 5 to 6 AM in Australian east coast (and will get worse next week - 4 to 5 AM), 3 AM in China east coast, early afternoon in the States.

May we suggest Inno Team to fix that? One simple solution is to change the protection time, either reducing or extending that (maybe randomly?), unless you totally modify the GvG structure.

Another thing, being here. If a guild founder disappears, that may force the guild to dissolve, so the top rights should be temporary (or at least pass to the leaders if the founder is offline for more than 1 month).

There are servers all over the world. Go play on one that is in your timezone.

Agent327

Overlord
What Inno needs to do is to setup a server with Asian friendly times and give players the ability to migrate their city to it. The migration tool is childs play as it is simply a data transfer between servers.

Those severs already exist. That they decided not to start playing there does not mean Inno now has to accomodate them.

Agent327

Overlord
I understand, but I don't think that option was available when many of us began playing and there is no way to migrate from one server to another - that would mean to restart the full tech tree from scratch (if that's the only option, I'd rather quit the game).

US server was available in 2012. I doubt you were already playing then and even if you were, you could have started playing on the US server right away. Instead, 7 years later you start to complain.

DeletedUser99588

Ideas have been suggested for altering the protection time or reset time but haven't been popular with core GvG players that frequent the forum. Personally I think a 23hr protection time might shake things up a little. Guilds that have dominated reset would need to adapt to remain successful and would hibe the opportunity for players from multiple time zones to engage with GvG.
Mind you those that don't want competition would propably have a tantrum should it ever happen.

DeletedUser107470

There might be servers all over the world but not all speak English, so options are limited and I have stopped GvG as 5am in the morning is just not workable, But this is a really pointless discussion as majority of people playing will be in Europe so why would they change for the minority.

Agent327

Overlord
There might be servers all over the world but not all speak English, so options are limited and I have stopped GvG as 5am in the morning is just not workable, But this is a really pointless discussion as majority of people playing will be in Europe so why would they change for the minority.

Majority of people playing is in the US.

DeletedUser653

Ideas have been suggested for altering the protection time or reset time but haven't been popular with core GvG players that frequent the forum. Personally I think a 23hr protection time might shake things up a little. Guilds that have dominated reset would need to adapt to remain successful and would hibe the opportunity for players from multiple time zones to engage with GvG.
Mind you those that don't want competition would propably have a tantrum should it ever happen.
Always like this idea, not sure my guild would as risks attched in changing anything, but to be honest i think this would inject a needed bit of life into the game. Maybe time to suggest this again as a correctly laid out idea and i for one would vote for it. Constructive post unlike some we get every day.

DeletedUser

What would inject life into it is if the developers got off their backsides and fixed it.

3 years of hell and crap is no joke.

DeletedUser99950

US server was available in 2012. I doubt you were already playing then and even if you were, you could have started playing on the US server right away. Instead, 7 years later you start to complain.
When I started in 2016 I wasn't given the option as to which server I could play on. I didn't even know about the other servers so stop being an butt.

Agent327

Overlord
When I started in 2016 I wasn't given the option as to which server I could play on. I didn't even know about the other servers so stop being an butt.

Everybody has had that option since 2012. You just started on the wrong language server and you have only yourself to blame for that.

DeletedUser653

As much as it hurts, I have to agree with Agent there

I really feel for you, must have been difficult typing those words!!

but seriously so many players myself included joined because they got a mail with a link and joined whichever world was in the link without reference to options to join other worlds. For Example I was living in USA and got a link to EN which is European based, plus remember there was no GvG active in the game during the first year or so so there was no disadvantage in joining a EN world or another country based world. So when a player gets a mail with a link to a world hes not aware that many country servers exist at the time he joins.
Agent always over simplifies or just makes things up :( he would know more if he actually played the game !!

Agent327

Overlord
but seriously so many players myself included joined because they got a mail with a link and joined whichever world was in the link without reference to options to join other worlds. For Example I was living in USA and got a link to EN which is European based, plus remember there was no GvG active in the game during the first year or so so there was no disadvantage in joining a EN world or another country based world. So when a player gets a mail with a link to a world hes not aware that many country servers exist at the time he joins.
Agent always over simplifies or just makes things up :( he would know more if he actually played the game !!

So you get alink in the mail and blindly follow it. Spammers and scammers must love you.

First event was after a few months into the game. There you must have noticed the timezone wasn't in your favor.

Every time you open the game you see that language banner. That should have told you something as well. I do not play the game and know. You play the game and don't know. Now who is the smart one here?