• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Upcoming changes to Diamond Packages

DeletedUser6974

But it's not like french fries that you can turn to another seller.
myself is a small businessman and i know if I raise 10% in price I'll lose 40% customers or more. But to be honest, there is no "ANOTHER CHEAP FRENCH FRIES RESTAURANT" in online-game market worldwide.
and how much business would you get if you kept the same price and added 10% more french fries??

DeletedUser115313

So if the amount of diamonds we get in a package is being reduced, here's an idea about the diamonds we have already used.

We buy an item, say a house, for 'x' amount of diamonds, when we reach a new age and sell our house to upgrade to a better one, why cant we get a refund on the diamonds we have spent, even half back would be better than the nothing we get now. We get a refund on everything else we sell. And most of us have paid good money for those diamonds, for them to just disappear into your system.

It wouldn't be difficult to set up, as your servers already know where we have spent diamonds.

Otherwise this whole buying diamonds packages is just looking like a money-making scam for you, with no return to, or incentive for, the players to spend anymore of our money on them.

DeletedUser115057

Adding my "2 cents" here :)

I think that it is safe to say that a lot of FoE players complaining within this thread, about this change on some of the Diamonds Packages, are players that never or rarely purchase Diamonds with cash for various reasons...
jesuismoti :)

I beg to differ. I've spent hundreds on diamonds but, usually when there is a sale. With this increase, I won't be purchasing more. You're flat wrong, not by my own opinion, but by the resounding decent in this very thread.

DeletedUser116830

Well, inflation exists, so...
If they’ve got to increase the prices, they have a good reason to do so.
Inno, I am with you on this one.
This game is also ad-free, for one.

DeletedUser116322

Its all about the individual journey of FoE, some will want to progress quicker (you will need diamonds) others dont its simple.
i tend to disagree with that, example, i to try and keep up with my bigger guild members in the 3 guilds i play, i've spent unnecessary amounts of diamonds for the simple reason that i just can't defeat the troops on the GE especially when it comes with a double wave of defense so i have to heal troops at a staggering 45 diamonds a troop, so do that a couple of times in a expedition and your diamonds vanish so quickly just before you know you haven't got enough to heal troops anymore, the diamond rewards come very scarcely so every GE you do land with a big deficit in your diamond amount

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser116322

Settlements also had major changes due to player complaints. The entire balancing was re-done and instead of each building having a set production time they added the adjustable production times.
now that's good news, had given up on settlements maybe i should try again

DeletedUser116322

you should be enticing players to stay
yes, like removing these stupid Ritual Flames from the GE, some players have now 100s of them, how are you supposed to take revenge on someone who plunders you that has some stupendous over the hill defense bonus

DeletedUser105522

Nobody is forced to buy diamonds. i mean NOBODY.
its a personal choice of every player ... sure some feel like they need to do that in order to advance in ranks, better fight, better defend, be better then your neighbours or guildmates etc.. i myself bought plenty in past because this game is my hobby and many people pay big dollar for their hobbies in this life (sports, entertainment, collections, traveling, booze, etc...) . i chose to invest in this game over many other things because it brings me pleasure..i realize it is virtual thing, nothing more then just a computer code but i love it! And there are so many things in this life we are forced to pay for which we dont even like...
so back to diamond thing: the biggest difference between diamond and non diamond players is the number of expansions they each get. i believe it is about 41 diamond exp. so far.. yes, the difference is huge and gives enormous advantage for diamond players. BUT!
you do not have to pay real money for diamonds forever... once you set up at least 1 wishing well world (with 40+ WWs) and do your 64 GE every week (in every world you play) and some quest cycling with high Chateau you would be able to get about 1-3K FREE diamonds per month ... and i mean its free, zero $...
i've seen many , many players who just waste their diamonds on healing units. buying FPs, instant scouting, rush settlements, etc...they rush, rush , rush this game....
you need to have self control and especially during the events. I never spend any event currency on anything else but wishing wells (when its daily prize) in my Wishing Well world....I do understand how some players feel when amazing event buildings are being offered as main event prize and you want 2,3,4,5, etc of those in order to be better then your rivals.. but can all of you afford it without paying lots of real money? probably not and that is why all the unhappiness with INNO Games who wants to bump the price tag up per diamond... they know that players who buy diamonds on regular basis will be doing it again ... the amount they changing is minor for most of diamond buyers to stop buying and big packages are staying untouched so for those who payed big buck before nothing changed...
like someone mentioned before , you gotta play this game smart. Set the goal of making diamonds in this game and work towards it.
yes, it takes time and it took me 3 years to get there but it is like well oiled machine now pumping out the diamonds for my game.
i dont need to pay real money anymore because i used every opportunity FoE offered me to play this game for free and still be very competitive...
all you need is:
a) long term personalized game plan
b) activity
c) advice from game pros
d) good team
f) and some luck because it is a huge part of the game

DeletedUser116322

once you set up at least 1 wishing well world (with 40+ WWs) and do your 64 GE every week (in every world you play) and some quest cycling with high Chateau you would be able to get about 1-3K FREE diamonds per month ... and i mean its free, zero $...
i don't know if i can go with this statement of yours. i do know someone who has 30-40 wells (not sure the exact amount) and gets 50 diamonds once in a blue moon, he has tons of wells in stock but won't put them up because the stories of players that get x amount of diamonds a week, he doesn't buy that story, he thinks that a lot of players with the so called diamond farms use them as a disguise to hide the amounts of diamonds they purchase a month, which makes perfect sense as most players don't like admitting that they spend so much money on diamonds, this intimidates the other members in their guilds who can't afford to spend money buying diamonds and makes them very unpopular amongst these other players so they use these diamond farms as a cover up.

DeletedUser105522

Not making it up.
Tell your friend to put all WWs he/she got in inventory into the use and see how much difference it’s gonna make :)
I actually have almost 80 WWs / FoY in my diamond world and collect 50-100 diamonds every 2nd or 3rd day.
I agree that if the amount of WWs is small the chances of getting diamonds are slim.
I told how it is and it’s your choice to believe it or not and follow the advice or not :)

DeletedUser116322

Tell your friend to put all WWs he/she got in inventory into the use and see how much difference it’s gonna make :)
50 diamonds once in "half" a blue moon?

DeletedUser111428

I beg to differ. I've spent hundreds on diamonds but, usually when there is a sale. With this increase, I won't be purchasing more. You're flat wrong, not by my own opinion, but by the resounding decent in this very thread.
Hi...same here; I only purchase some Diamonds (every now and then) when they are in promo (such as the 50% Additional Diamonds as a Bonus Offer that gets triggered every now and then) :)

Every player is entitled to his/her own opinion on various Topics, including the one from this Thread; maybe I am wrong, maybe I am right but, number wise, you get more Diamonds from higher value purchase and, as long as you manage your Diamonds consumption within the game (and your playing budget of course!) then, at the end of the day, you benefit from this kind of purchase versus the old format :)

DeletedUser116525

Nothing wrong with having a diamond farm, WW's apparently have a 1% chance to pay out diamonds, but because it's random it could be a little more than that.

They don't cost anything, you just chase them during events, So I have a second world just for that purpose, it's kinda fun to have a world going with a different purpose than your main world, no need to research tech's, aid, chase FP's etc, just wait for events and get as many as you can for free.
I think 100 WW's would be ideal, would give at least 50 diamonds a day, that's like 18000 diamonds in a year to use in your main world, not bad at all.