• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event ARCHAEOLOGY EVENT

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Deleted member 109369

The next event is coming soon! Read all about the Archaeology Event here and as always, please leave your comments below.

DeletedUser116830

What I really want is a Rogue Hideout, so...
You better have one as a daily prize:D

DeletedUser108179

How many days will last the event ?
I think on Beta it was a bit too short considering the type of quests that often had x times production cycles.

DeletedUser114342

On beta event is 61days, with 60 quests.
There are a number of rush quests which you can do as quick as possible, then the daily quests. ( cant remember how many of each ).

61 days seems an awfully long time for an event, that’s 2 months. I thought it would be 3 weeks long like the other recent events?

Am looking forward to this event, it sounds like a fun one to do :)

Deleted member 109369

The event ends on May 22nd. I've also amended the announcement to include the fact that the carousel also includes an attack bonus for your city as well as defence.

DeletedUser111428

On beta event is 61days, with 60 quests.
There are a number of rush quests which you can do as quick as possible, then the daily quests. ( cant remember how many of each )
Whilst i admit i did find some of the production quests a pain, i must also admit my Beta city is not set up for event production quests so that was my main issue. Yet i still finished with 1 day to spare.
If you have about 10 - 15 production buildings with at least a few of your present or previous era ( most of the era related quests you can do 5 mins productions ) then you should be ok. If i recall correctly there IS a complete 1 of each production quest as well. I would advise 5 era related production buildings ( if possible ) and the rest the good old Blacksmiths
Most of the quest lines are probably on the wiki by now, you can check them there and be well prepared in advance.
I was lucky enough to get 8 of the Carousal buildings, it is a 3x3, im in CE there so at 6% atk and def im smiling with that.
Great job getting all those Carousels! I played the Event on Beta as well and was very happy to see a different apprtoach being used to collect the items needed to get Upgrade Kits for the Event's Building :)

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
Great event! Looking forward to it. Among other things, I need the population from the Grand Prize building. Why? First of all, no one gains population from normal residentials nowadays. It is too low-grade, not classy, and for beginners only. Ever since becoming moderately advanced, players use at least special residential buildings for population and on top of that, population GBs (Babel, Inno, Capitol, Habitat). Hmm? Did I hear someone in the back say "speak for yourself?" -- Doesn't matter. Second of all, I have deleted Tower of Babel because I built something "better" and more efficient -- the Inno Tower. And also, Babel does not look as cool. So I deleted it. And third of all, some time later than that, I again deleted Inno Tower, because -- who would have thought of it -- it is TOO efficient and more than what I can handle! Even at level 1, it provides 4k population. I carefully disconnected it from the road in case someone levels it further considering I was in a super power guild at that time (long long time ago... OK a little more than a month ago) and there is a super powerful Mud program in place...

After the Spring Event, with the new population from the Pagota (which conveniently comes with self-sufficient happiness), the 4k population from Inno Tower became purely surplus. Idle. Unemployed. That type of thing... And the 6x6 space GB provides only 2FP other than the population (6x6 and therefore interchangeable with Saint Mark's Basilica / Temple of Relics, so you can disconnect different GBs at different times, if you like, to save road space; but not recommended because there is a chance that you will forget, and carry on GE with ToR disconnected...) All in all, Inno Tower also bids farewell, see you later, bye.

However, I did not need so many population only because my (ahem) village is filled with light-weight alchemists. No goods (plenty can be obtainable from recurring quests). No military (plenty can be obtained from GE). Now when I feel like dabbling with a change of playing style and strategy (an inclination of transition from farmer-oriented to fighter oriented) -- I find that I can right now only build one military building. The labor market is in short supply... so thereby to the beginning of this essay -- great event with incoming high quality labor force to be hired, the city people, elites, unlike the normal rank-and-file peasants or 'migrant workers' from the lowly countryside (ok drifted too far, lost gravity and started to orbit the earth...)

The main point is, suitable number of population is good. Not too big, not too small. This leads to a side note for newbies and even medium advanced players. Your "vision" should NOT be focused all the time, right from the start, directly on the "End Game", on what is the best of the best, because that can only happen maybe years after; but instead, there might be something that nicely fits the goal of the time being or in the short term. In this regard, the most popular and sophisticated guides in the whole forum can sometimes be misleading. Look around, touch your heart, and ask yourself... Do I want to play the same way as the stardom celebrity? Do I want to follow the same path and achieve the same type of success as Bill Gates? The answer is no. Personally, so far I played in three worlds and I am the happiest player in a world where I camp in the Bronze Age. Cycling through the repeating quests. No GB swap (because no Architecture research). No plundering or being plundered (because no Tactics research). Leveling my own Oracle of the Delphi. Vely cool.

Last edited:

FelixPSY375

Lieutenant
Great event! Looking forward to it. Among other things, I need the population from the Grand Prize building. Why? First of all, no one gains population from normal residentials nowadays. It is too low-grade, not classy, and for beginners only. Ever since becoming moderately advanced, players use at least special residential buildings for population and on top of that, population GBs (Babel, Inno, Capitol, Habitat). Hmm? Did I hear someone in the back say "speak for yourself?" -- Doesn't matter. Second of all, I have deleted Tower of Babel because I built something "better" and more efficient -- the Inno Tower. And also, Babel does not look as cool. So I deleted it. And third of all, some time later than that, I again deleted Inno Tower, because -- who would have thought of it -- it is TOO efficient and more than what I can handle! Even at level 1, it provides 4k population. I carefully disconnected it from the road in case someone levels it further considering I was in a super power guild at that time (long long time ago... OK a little more than a month ago) and there is a super powerful Mud program in place...

After the Spring Event, with the new population from the Pagota (which conveniently comes with self-sufficient happiness), the 4k population from Inno Tower became purely surplus. Idle. Unemployed. That type of thing... And the 6x6 space GB provides only 2FP other than the population (6x6 and therefore interchangeable with Saint Mark's Basilica / Temple of Relics, so you can disconnect different GBs at different times, if you like, to save road space; but not recommended because there is a chance that you will forget, and carry on GE with ToR disconnected...) All in all, Inno Tower also bids farewell, see you later, bye.

However, I did not need so many population only because my (ahem) village is filled with light-weight alchemists. No goods (plenty can be obtainable from recurring quests). No military (plenty can be obtained from GE). Now when I feel like dabbling with a change of playing style and strategy (an inclination of transition from farmer-oriented to fighter oriented) -- I find that I can right now only build one military building. The labor market is in short supply... so thereby to the beginning of this essay -- great event with incoming high quality labor force to be hired, the city people, elites, unlike the normal rank-and-file peasants or 'migrant workers' from the lowly countryside (ok drifted too far, lost gravity and started to orbit the earth...)

The main point is, suitable number of population is good. Not too big, not too small. This leads to a side note for newbies and even medium advanced players. Your "vision" should NOT be focused all the time, right from the start, directly on the "End Game", on what is the best of the best, because that can only happen maybe years after; but instead, there might be something that nicely fits the goal of the time being or in the short term. In this regard, the most popular and sophisticated guides in the whole forum can sometimes be misleading. Look around, touch your heart, and ask yourself... Do I want to play the same way as the stardom celebrity? Do I want to follow the same path and achieve the same type of success as Bill Gates? The answer is no. Personally, so far I played in three worlds and I am the happiest player in a world where I camp in the Bronze Age. Cycling through the repeating quests. No GB swap (because no Architecture research). No plundering or being plundered (because no Tactics research). Leveling my own Oracle of the Delphi. Vely cool.

Yeah, I have the huge unemployment as well. But the thing is, as long as we have enough happiness, the fp generation is what we all care. (Also attack boost.)

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
*grabs popcorn*
Oh the rage from this event should be something truly beautiful to behold! ;)

From lurking around the beta forums, it seems like the only way to go about getting a Lv.10 w/out dias, is to just ignore most/all of the vases outside of the best DS% ones on a Carousel day and just go for the gold idols.
But then, looking at the wiki, the daily prizes are beyond crap for anyone beyond beginner cities.

Agent327

Overlord
Ever since becoming moderately advanced, players use at least special residential buildings for population and on top of that, population GBs (Babel, Inno, Capitol, Habitat). Hmm? Did I hear someone in the back say "speak for yourself?" -- Doesn't matter. Second of all, I have deleted Tower of Babel because I built something "better" and more efficient -- the Inno Tower. And also, Babel does not look as cool. So I deleted it. And third of all, some time later than that, I again deleted Inno Tower, because -- who would have thought of it -- it is TOO efficient and more than what I can handle!

You really are funny.

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
You really are funny.

You noticed... I'm also handsome, but let's focus on the event, not me, shall we? The thing about being (handsome and) funny is that people often overlook the point of their expression. My point (although it may have been hidden deeper than "one tenth of a gram of radium" isolated by Marie and Pierre Curie "from several tons of ore") is that the event building gives population. What is your opinion about that?

Emberguard

Legend
Hmm? Did I hear someone in the back say "speak for yourself?" -- Doesn't matter
:lol: Nice to see a sense of humour :)

I again deleted Inno Tower, because -- who would have thought of it -- it is TOO efficient and more than what I can handle! Even at level 1, it provides 4k population.
Yeah it is too efficient in younger cities. I was freaking out in my Iron Age city when my neighbours lvl'd it. Had to get the Alcatraz up quick to counter the population.

The main point is, suitable number of population is good. Not too big, not too small. This leads to a side note for newbies and even medium advanced players. Your "vision" should NOT be focused all the time, right from the start, directly on the "End Game", on what is the best of the best, because that can only happen maybe years after; but instead, there might be something that nicely fits the goal of the time being or in the short term. In this regard, the most popular and sophisticated guides in the whole forum can sometimes be misleading.
Now that you mention it.... perhaps the Inno is outliving its' purpose in my city due to the amount of event buildings I have access to that increase population. It was absolutely a space saver when I first obtained it. But at the moment it's probably taking more then it's giving considering like you said low lvls don't give much FPs.

*grabs popcorn*
Oh the rage from this event should be something truly beautiful to behold! ;)

From lurking around the beta forums, it seems like the only way to go about getting a Lv.10 w/out dias, is to just ignore most/all of the vases outside of the best DS% ones on a Carousel day and just go for the gold idols.
But then, looking at the wiki, the daily prizes are beyond crap for anyone beyond beginner cities.
Also make sure you're getting the daily log in currency.

DeletedUser112892

Hasn't Carousel been rebalanced in the Beta, so it doesn't give booth boosts for offense and defense army?

Agent327

Overlord
You noticed... I'm also handsome, but let's focus on the event, not me, shall we? The thing about being (handsome and) funny is that people often overlook the point of their expression. My point (although it may have been hidden deeper than "one tenth of a gram of radium" isolated by Marie and Pierre Curie "from several tons of ore") is that the event building gives population. What is your opinion about that?

Don't care. Don't need it. Unlike you I have an Inno at lvl 80 and compensate that with a Alca and Hagia at lvl 80. It's win/win, but good to see you have some great advice for the "moderately advanced" players. With you as their guide what on earth could go wrong.